View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
573. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    57 9.95%
  • Deluxe

    226 39.44%
  • Omnibus

    231 40.31%
  • Absolute

    129 22.51%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 234 of 1249 FirstFirst ... 1341842242302312322332342352362372382442843347341234 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 18726
  1. #3496
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galfiore View Post
    My LCS is selling a copy of the Absolute Top Ten for $50. I haven't read the series but have heard good things about it. So...do I go for it?
    I'm kinda confused about whether I should pick this one or Big Damn Sin City (selling for $60 approx.)
    YES Go for it. It's a fantastic book and it's out of print now too.

  2. #3497
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,667

    Default

    Any rumblings that DC might consider releasing the Kirby Forth World stuff as a proper oversized collected omnibus?

    I really want that run, but standard size and four volumes kinda puts me off
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  3. #3498
    Newbie Member Galfiore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    YES Go for it. It's a fantastic book and it's out of print now too.
    Thanks. Didn't know it was OOP. Gonna get it tomorrow then.

  4. #3499
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,734

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Any rumblings that DC might consider releasing the Kirby Forth World stuff as a proper oversized collected omnibus?

    I really want that run, but standard size and four volumes kinda puts me off
    IIRC they are rereleasing vol 1 but can't remember which, the tpb or the hc.

    Also, finished Enigma yesterday and...hmm....wow? interesting?...I liked it? I don't know what to say, it was a unique experience.
    Compared to that how is the Best of Milligan and McCarthy hc? I'm a bit hesitant with that because it contains several smaller stories and I'm just affraid that it doesn't read as well. Or any other Milligan recommendations?

  5. #3500
    Just a Host. Cold Water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Any rumblings that DC might consider releasing the Kirby Forth World stuff as a proper oversized collected omnibus?

    I really want that run, but standard size and four volumes kinda puts me off
    I just want them to put vol. 2 back in print. it's crazy ridiculous the price jacking that goes on for that.

    I was a little saddened by the paper. While it's decently thick paper, it's not the best quality. The edges of the paper are all uneven. I just think Kirby's work deserves better treatment. I still buy them (Kirby's collections) because the overall quality is nice enough, and well, it's KIRBY, but yeah.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

  6. #3501
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Utrecht, Holland
    Posts
    3,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    IIRC they are rereleasing vol 1 but can't remember which, the tpb or the hc.

    Also, finished Enigma yesterday and...hmm....wow? interesting?...I liked it? I don't know what to say, it was a unique experience.
    Compared to that how is the Best of Milligan and McCarthy hc? I'm a bit hesitant with that because it contains several smaller stories and I'm just affraid that it doesn't read as well. Or any other Milligan recommendations?
    The best of hardcover is worth your while especially since it's pretty cheap. Skreemer is one of my all-time favorite comics which is more similiar to Enigma then books like X-Statix and Bad Company (not sure though since I still haven't read Enigma (shame on me)).
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

  7. #3502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    IIRC they are rereleasing vol 1 but can't remember which, the tpb or the hc.

    Also, finished Enigma yesterday and...hmm....wow? interesting?...I liked it? I don't know what to say, it was a unique experience.
    Compared to that how is the Best of Milligan and McCarthy hc? I'm a bit hesitant with that because it contains several smaller stories and I'm just affraid that it doesn't read as well. Or any other Milligan recommendations?
    The Best of and Skreemer are great. Shade the Changing Man, The Extremist, Face and the Eaters are similar in tone. There's only three trades of Shade, a Vertigo Resurrected edition of Extremist and a Vertigo Visions edition of the Eaters.
    BB

  8. #3503
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    The Best of and Skreemer are great. Shade the Changing Man, The Extremist, Face and the Eaters are similar in tone. There's only three trades of Shade, a Vertigo Resurrected edition of Extremist and a Vertigo Visions edition of the Eaters.
    what billy said. loved shade. extremist was pretty good. and i also liked some of his more obscure minis and maxis like egypt and the minx. it's sad that most of his work remains uncollected.

  9. #3504
    Mighty Member lvizzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    YES Go for it. It's a fantastic book and it's out of print now too.
    Is it really OOP now?

  10. #3505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    what billy said. loved shade. extremist was pretty good. and i also liked some of his more obscure minis and maxis like egypt and the minx. it's sad that most of his work remains uncollected.
    I liked Egypt and Minx too. It's sad but his work is slowly being collected: his work with McCarthy, Johnny Nemo, Enigma back in print and his Batman run from the 90's (some issues got left out, though).
    BB

  11. #3506
    Senior Member MartinNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Is it really OOP now?
    That's what it says on cheap-comics.com and that's trustworthy enough for me.

  12. #3507
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    YES Go for it. It's a fantastic book and it's out of print now too.
    Yeah, for $50 I would buy Absolute Top Ten simply for the art. And I don't even like it all that much when it comes to Moore books. A couple of my LCS have anywhere from 2-4 copies shelfwarming for months now. So I think I'll wait for a massive sale.

  13. #3508
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,734

    Default

    Thank you for the Milligan recommendations, gonna look into those. It is sad that a lo of his works remain uncollected (I never buy floppies).

  14. #3509
    Moderator Balakin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dundee, Scotland
    Posts
    5,734

    Default

    Aaand I hesitated whether to buy the best of Milligan and McCarthy hc for 11 pounds or not and in 20 minutes it jumped back to 15. Damn!

  15. #3510
    Just a Host. Cold Water's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Thank you for the Milligan recommendations, gonna look into those. It is sad that a lo of his works remain uncollected (I never buy floppies).
    Buying floppies does suck compared to being able to have stories in collection, but I read lying on my back and sometimes floppies are the easiest way to do this (because they are the lightest). But storing them and then having to open a bag and board to pull them out and read them can be a slight inconvenience.

    I will only buy floppies if I want to read a series that is not collected and probably never will be.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •