View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 235 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1351852252312322332342352362372382392452853357351235 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Buying floppies does suck compared to being able to have stories in collection, but I read lying on my back and sometimes floppies are the easiest way to do this (because they are the lightest). But storing them and then having to open a bag and board to pull them out and read them can be a slight inconvenience.

I will only buy floppies if I want to read a series that is not collected and probably never will be.
    I always read books at my table, listening to music on my pc (no matter the size of the book). Floppies for me just uninteresting. I just don't want to pay for something that I'm gonna throw away after reading, because it's ugly and just takes up place. It really pisses me off when some people call floppies "real comics" compared to collected editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I always read books at my table, listening to music on my pc (no matter the size of the book). Floppies for me just uninteresting. I just don't want to pay for something that I'm gonna throw away after reading, because it's ugly and just takes up place. It really pisses me off when some people call floppies "real comics" compared to collected editions.
    awww, don't let it piss you off.
    Read the format you like.
    I think for those who prefer floppies over collected editions it is due to coloring, mainly.
    A lot of the older stuff can look off in color when printed in collection.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I think for those who prefer floppies over collected editions it is due to coloring, mainly.
    Well that, plus owning a copy of the original

I've just started to get the Batman New 52 HCs starting with Vol.1 even though I've been buying the originals as soon as they are released (#38, this Wednesday I think). I'm also wondering when a Batman New 52 Omnibus will be released as there are 38 issues in the bank.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

This is where binding your comics comes in I had the same mentality, that having floppies took up space and were a pain in the butt. Once I got into binding it solved a lot of issues - I had a nice way to store my floppies, they took up less room due to not having so many boards (and removing ads and the like before binding), and any series was up for grabs because I didn't have to wait for it to be collected (or worry about it being done in a way I didn't agree with.) And instead of paying outrageous prices for OOP trade paperbacks for some things, I could get the back issues for next to nothing and bind them. I'd never have read stuff like Peter David's Aquaman, Supergirl, and Young Justice, or the Suicide Squad series, big chunks of Birds of Prey and the Wally West Flash stuff, etc. if I hadn't gotten into binding. Just a thought!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Aaand I hesitated whether to buy the best of Milligan and McCarthy hc for 11 pounds or not and in 20 minutes it jumped back to 15. Damn!
    It's $12,50 nick&dent at TFAW if you were planning on ordering from them
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    This is where binding your comics comes in I had the same mentality, that having floppies took up space and were a pain in the butt. Once I got into binding it solved a lot of issues - I had a nice way to store my floppies, they took up less room due to not having so many boards (and removing ads and the like before binding), and any series was up for grabs because I didn't have to wait for it to be collected (or worry about it being done in a way I didn't agree with.) And instead of paying outrageous prices for OOP trade paperbacks for some things, I could get the back issues for next to nothing and bind them. I'd never have read stuff like Peter David's Aquaman, Supergirl, and Young Justice, or the Suicide Squad series, big chunks of Birds of Prey and the Wally West Flash stuff, etc. if I hadn't gotten into binding. Just a thought!
    Yesssssssssss.

This is what I am going to do with the Wally Flash series when I get it all collected, and also, Firestorm's 1982 series.
    If they aren't already put into collection by the time I get both of those series collected, then I'm going to have my first go at binding them (not myself, but done by someone who knows what they are doing).
    I probably won't get rid of ads, though.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Binding is cool, it's just too much fuss for me, hunting down the issues, sending them to the binder, etc. Instead of this I just buy a trade from other stuff, that's still in print because there are literary thousands of other stories I'm interested in.
    Also, I'm lazy and I want what I want now
    And don't get me wrong, if somebody likes floppies, awesome, you should like whatever you like. Just don't get all high and mighty and try to tell me that my collection of omnibuses trades and stuff are subpar compared to your neat little longboxes at the bottom of the cupboard.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's $12,50 nick&dent at TFAW if you were planning on ordering from them
    unfortunately with the shipping cost it's the same price as a brand new copy from Wordery even though I have a $5 copuon to tfaw.
    Oh yeah, and NAMOR didn't work for me, it said it expired.

Binding is cool, it's just too much fuss for me, hunting down the issues, sending them to the binder, etc. Instead of this I just buy a trade from other stuff, that's still in print because there are literary thousands of other stories I'm interested in.
    Also, I'm lazy and I want what I want now
    And don't get me wrong, if somebody likes floppies, awesome, you should like whatever you like. Just don't get all high and mighty and try to tell me that my collection of omnibuses trades and stuff are subpar compared to your neat little longboxes at the bottom of the cupboard.

unfortunately with the shipping cost it's the same price as a brand new copy from Wordery even though I have a $5 copuon to tfaw.
    Oh yeah, and NAMOR didn't work for me, it said it expired.
    NAMOR says it's expired but it actually works (at least for me). Take a look at the shipping cost when you enter it. Oh and TFAW is having a huge Star Wars sale with awesome discounts so if you want some of that you can just add Best of Milligan and McCarthy as a bonus.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I just put boards with my floppies and prop them on my shelves with my trades. Looks awful but its convenient. Its really annoying how many of my in-trades series I need to get floppies for. Blue Beetle, Birds of Prey, Green Lantern Corps..... Its ridiculous they let these things go out of print.
    Cyclops was right

NAMOR says it's expired but it actually works (at least for me). Take a look at the shipping cost when you enter it. Oh and TFAW is having a huge Star Wars sale with awesome discounts so if you want some of that you can just add Best of Milligan and McCarthy as a bonus.
    oh yeah you are right, it works. Unfortunately anything I put into the basket still doesn't worth it :/ oh well...

Thank you for the Milligan recommendations, gonna look into those. It is sad that a lo of his works remain uncollected (I never buy floppies).
    I also recommend his Punisher/Wolverine mini, which is a lot of fun. It had some killer art by Lee Weeks and he nailed the characters.

Incredible Member

Aaand I hesitated whether to buy the best of Milligan and McCarthy hc for 11 pounds or not and in 20 minutes it jumped back to 15. Damn!
    Speedyhen have it listed as out of stock for £12.50 might be worth a punt.

I'm now almost 500 pages in the first JSA omnibus and I'm quite liking it so far. I thought Robinson's issues were good but I just finished Johns' first longer arc (Shadowland) and really loved it. I always liked Alan Scott even though I never read a lot of him and this arc made me love him even more. An amazing arc and it looks like Wildcat will get a arc centred around him next. I like that this run doesn't have a golden boy who always takes the spotlight in every issue (*cough* Batman *cough* JLA *cough*). I hope Johns and Goyer continue to deliver.

I'm now almost 500 pages in the first JSA omnibus and I'm quite liking it so far. I thought Robinson's issues were good but I just finished Johns' first longer arc (Shadowland) and really loved it. I always liked Alan Scott even though I never read a lot of him and this arc made me love him even more. An amazing arc and it looks like Wildcat will get a arc centred around him next. I like that this run doesn't have a golden boy who always takes the spotlight in every issue (*cough* Batman *cough* JLA *cough*). I hope Johns and Goyer continue to deliver.
    I think the Hourman arc is the best thing they ever wrote. That might be in volume 2?

I think it delivers in every arc. Wasn't the biggest fan of the first Robinson JSA story (not the All-Star stuff, loved that, the first 4-5 issues he wrote for the JSA title) but Johns and Goyer (and later Johns alone) made a really good, epic, proper superhero book. Some say the last two stories are not that good but I loved those too.
    I think my favourite is Black Reign (that's gonna be in the 2nd omnibus).
    I love all of the old school heroes with their ridiculous customes, especially ones like Hourman, Jay Garrick, Dr. Mid-Nite or Mr. Terrific.