View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 236 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1361862262322332342352362372382392402462863367361236 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 21670
    Amazing Member

Is the Planetary omnibus about to go OOP? I bought one today off of Amazon, but my favorite shop "Cheap Graphic Novels" says they're out of stock.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm now almost 500 pages in the first JSA omnibus and I'm quite liking it so far. I thought Robinson's issues were good but I just finished Johns' first longer arc (Shadowland) and really loved it. I always liked Alan Scott even though I never read a lot of him and this arc made me love him even more. An amazing arc and it looks like Wildcat will get a arc centred around him next. I like that this run doesn't have a golden boy who always takes the spotlight in every issue (*cough* Batman *cough* JLA *cough*). I hope Johns and Goyer continue to deliver.
    Reading Vol. 2 right now. Enjoying it more than Vol. 1. I like Johns' writing better when he isn't teamed up with someone. Took a break when I got to Black Reign, and now I'm reading the Hawkman omnibus to catch up, since the two series crossover for that event. Hawkman is a good companion to the second JSA omnibus, especially for the Rags Morales art, but the glued binding is horrible and it's a real pain in the ass to read because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I'm now almost 500 pages in the first JSA omnibus and I'm quite liking it so far. I thought Robinson's issues were good but I just finished Johns' first longer arc (Shadowland) and really loved it. I always liked Alan Scott even though I never read a lot of him and this arc made me love him even more. An amazing arc and it looks like Wildcat will get a arc centred around him next. I like that this run doesn't have a golden boy who always takes the spotlight in every issue (*cough* Batman *cough* JLA *cough*). I hope Johns and Goyer continue to deliver.
    These are great reads! I think I read Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 in three days each (six combined). They're just quick, well-told tales. And you're right: With the large line-up, you don't get the same-ol, same-ol. That said, I couldn't imagine reading this monthly. Some of the arcs are 8-9 issues long. and a character introduced early on might not reappear until six months later.

On a side note, I ordered the news Green Lantern omnibus (Johns) today. And because I had a little money burning a hole in my pocket I also ordered the Batman: Eternal tpb. At half off it came out to be about $1 an issue.

Everyone who wants DC to collect it in an omnibus can now thank me as that is what will now happen. Kind of like washing your car before the rain arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    On a side note, I ordered the news Green Lantern omnibus (Johns) today. And because I had a little money burning a hole in my pocket I also ordered the Batman: Eternal tpb. At half off it came out to be about $1 an issue.

Everyone who wants DC to collect it in an omnibus can now thank me as that is what will now happen. Kind of like washing your car before the rain arrives.
    Your service and sacrifice will never be forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Your service and sacrifice will never be forgotten
    Never forget! I'd love me an Batman Eternal omnibus, though I quit buying the singles after like issue #33 (I quit singles all together), is it any good after that?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Never forget! I'd love me an Batman Eternal omnibus, though I quit buying the singles after like issue #33 (I quit singles all together), is it any good after that?
    No idea, I've yet to read any issue from it haha. I've read the first couple trades of Snyder's Batman, so I'd probably enjoy Eternal, and probably pick up an omnibus/deluxe though

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heatvision View Post
    Is the Planetary omnibus about to go OOP? I bought one today off of Amazon, but my favorite shop "Cheap Graphic Novels" says they're out of stock.
    Yes, amazon.com are out of stock, amazon.co.uk are down to 6 copies and I can't see it on IST.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm going to get the Johns GL Omni and the Silver Age GL vol.2 in this weeks order.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

I have all of Geoff John's Green Lantern in floppies and was wondering if upgrading to the omnibus would be an unnecessary double dip, if its just the issues with no extras I'll probably not get it. If it has the issues plus some interviews or a variant cover gallery then I may get it from IST before their 50% discount ends next week. Hopefully someone gets the book in the next couple of days and could provide details. Thanks for any info.

Mathute87

So... I'm kind of back in action with this great hobby after some moving from one continent to another and all of that, and I wondered, run wise, is the Geoff Johns GL run worth it? I do like the character, but the last thing I read was Rebirth. I am not a fan of the retcon that turned him into an innocent superhero, but I can live with that being the case if the run makes it worth it. I am really interested in getting the first Omnibus, but will I like it? I know that no matter what you all say, until I don't read I will not know, but are those GOOD stories? Is the run as a whole as good as people say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathute87 View Post
    So... I'm kind of back in action with this great hobby after some moving from one continent to another and all of that, and I wondered, run wise, is the Geoff Johns GL run worth it? I do like the character, but the last thing I read was Rebirth. I am not a fan of the retcon that turned him into an innocent superhero, but I can live with that being the case if the run makes it worth it. I am really interested in getting the first Omnibus, but will I like it? I know that no matter what you all say, until I don't read I will not know, but are those GOOD stories? Is the run as a whole as good as people say?
    I really don't know because like you I've only read Rebirth and didn't really like it. That said, I went ahead and ordered the omnibus based on all the positive word of mouth.

Like others earlier on this page I've been cruising through the JSA Omnibuses and rereading these stories has been a blast. My faith in Johns' writing is high right now with the JSA run fresh in my mind.

My only gripe with the GL omnibus is the GLC issues. If they collect those in ohc, I'd be all down. Until then, I'll stick to my trades

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I like Geoff John's run on GL, the Sinestro Corps War is the best part of the run, and it has had a terrific run of artists. I think it's worth getting, but I don't know if I will.

Are the Flash Omnibus out of print? I think about getting those and the JSA stuff.
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 01-27-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathute87 View Post
    I have very little experience with the DCU, but I read from rebirth through Sinestro Corps War and was transfixed throughout. SCW was a quick read with great pacing and action packed sequences. I took a break before reading Blackest Night and haven't gotten back to it yet.