View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 240 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1401902302362372382392402412422432442502903407401240 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 21670
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Good list though I'd add a few and take a few terrible titles off. Johns' Green Lantern is really good, an omnibus just came out as you can see from the pictures in this thread
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think the Justice League run is a big picture look at the Nu 52. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Batman, have strong runs. I would start at the beginning. I definitely prefer GL before the reboot. I love Lemires DC comics, all of them. Animal Man, Justice League United, are both good. OMAC, Demon Knights, Dial H for Hero, and I Vampire ended too soon.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Radjack View Post
    Hey guys, I was thinking about reading the whole DC New 52 (From 2011-NOW) in HC/TPB.
    Is there a reading order list for the collected editions (maybe organized by date of publication) that some one can provide?

Let me know!
    No, man. Don't try it. Your brain will explode from the awful! I can give you a list of stuff that is good or has had good reviews though, if you want.
    Cyclops was right

Thanks for the help guys, I think I might skip a few of the characters I really don't care about. I came up with this list:

Justice League
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Green Arrow
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman and the Others
    Secret Origins

Batgirl
    Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Batwoman
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Harley Quinn
    Grayson
    Gotham Academy
    Arkham Manor
    Gotham by Midnight
    Nightwing

Action Comics
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Batman/Superman

Teen Titans
    Teen Titans

Suicide Squad
    New Suicide Squad
    Deathstroke

Justice League Dark
    Swamp Thing
    Animal Man
    Constantine
    Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE

Forever Evil
    Futures End

As for Green Lantern, I've yet to read Geoff Johns epic saga. I'm a big fan of Marvel's Annihilation and the DnA cosmic books, should I read Geoff's Green Lantern run befor diving in on the New 52?
    The first 14 issues of Justice League are garbage, just skip em. Red Hood is painfully bad, and ruins the characters of Starfire and Arsenal. The first new volume of Titans the worst book of the reboot. Botj Suicide Squads are awful.

And you HAVE to read Demon Knights. It is awesome.
    Cyclops was right

I'll add Demon Knights!

I've been a comic book reader for some time now (about 8-9 years) but I mostly stick to Dark Horse and Image comics. I know a lot about Marvel, but I never really read DC (with the exception of some "essential" stories).
    If I'm missing some good series from the New 52 lineup (besides Demon Knights) let me know guys! Thanks for all the help!

Thanks for the help guys, I think I might skip a few of the characters I really don't care about. I came up with this list:

Justice League
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Green Arrow
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman and the Others
    Secret Origins

Batgirl
    Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Batwoman
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Harley Quinn
    Grayson
    Gotham Academy
    Arkham Manor
    Gotham by Midnight
    Nightwing

Action Comics
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Batman/Superman

Teen Titans
    Teen Titans

Suicide Squad
    New Suicide Squad
    Deathstroke

Justice League Dark
    Swamp Thing
    Animal Man
    Constantine

Forever Evil
    Futures End
    Constantine-bad joke.
    Why,why DC didnt left him to Vertigo?!!!!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'll add Demon Knights!

I've been a comic book reader for some time now (about 8-9 years) but I mostly stick to Dark Horse and Image comics. I know a lot about Marvel, but I never really read DC (with the exception of some "essential" stories).
    If I'm missing some good series from the New 52 lineup (besides Demon Knights) let me know guys! Thanks for all the help!
    Superman Unchained. Very good writing by Scott Snyder, art by Jim Lee not amazing but still pretty good. A deluxe HC has just come out so worth getting.

Also, in addition to Justice League, read Justice League of America which later transformed into Justice League United.

Justice League
    Aquaman
    The Flash
    Green Arrow
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman and the Others
    Secret Origins

Batgirl
    Batman
    Batman and Robin
    Batwoman
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Red Hood and the Outlaws
    Harley Quinn
    Grayson
    Gotham Academy
    Arkham Manor
    Gotham by Midnight
    Nightwing

Action Comics
    Supergirl
    Superman
    Batman/Superman

Teen Titans
    Teen Titans

Suicide Squad
    New Suicide Squad
    Deathstroke

Justice League Dark
    Swamp Thing
    Animal Man
    Constantine

Forever Evil
    Futures End

As for Green Lantern, I've yet to read Geoff Johns epic saga. I'm a big fan of Marvel's Annihilation and the DnA cosmic books, should I read Geoff's Green Lantern run befor diving in on the New 52?
    Demon Knights is supposed to be really good.

edit: I see I'm too late.

Amazing Member

@bearded_adam

What I wouldn't give for a series of Hellblazer Omnibi..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    The first 14 issues of Justice League are garbage, just skip em. Red Hood is painfully bad, and ruins the characters of Starfire and Arsenal. The first new volume of Titans the worst book of the reboot. Botj Suicide Squads are awful.

With respect, I beg to differ. I bought all the Justice League single issues right up to Forever Evil and I actually liked those first issues very much and have reread them several times. It would be great to see N52 Justice League Omnibused including the Aquaman Throne of Atlantis tie-in issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post

I loved the beginning of JL.

My favorite runs of the new 52 are Batman, Superman Unchained, the Flash, Superman/Batman, Batman Eternal, Batgirl and Batwoman. I really didn't like both the tries at the Teen Titans and Suicide Squad sucked aswell imo.

Kind of an unpopular opinion here but I also enjoyed Detective Comics from the start, it's rather essential for Death of the Family aswell.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    My suggestions: Batman by Snyder - amazing stuff, this run has become classic - Batman&Robin, Batwoman, Batgirl - yeah, it's quite good - and Swamp Thing maybe, I have only first tpb.
    Please, don't say that. I just can't live in a world where Batman's first adventure is against colorful gangs, bone-monsters, lions and robots with little screens on their chests so that you can see the villain's face... and let's not forget that giant game of Jeopardy... My god, Pink Year was awful as an origin story...

I'll add Demon Knights!

A new reader with no previous attachment to DC like you will probably enjoy the reboot a lot more. I came in after it, but I'm a huge fan of the cartoons, and the changes to the characters really annoyed me. Frankly, if you like what you read, go back further and you'll find something even better.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    With respect, I beg to differ. I bought all the Justice League single issues right up to Forever Evil and I actually liked those first issues very much and have reread them several times. It would be great to see N52 Justice League Omnibused including the Aquaman Throne of Atlantis tie-in issues.
    Really? I dunno, maybe I just REALLY hate his Wonder Woman. I'm curious, what did you think of his Darkseid? I feel like he really got jobbed in that arc.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I loved the beginning of JL.

My favorite runs of the new 52 are Batman, Superman Unchained, the Flash, Superman/Batman, Batman Eternal, Batgirl and Batwoman. I really didn't like both the tries at the Teen Titans and Suicide Squad sucked aswell imo.

Kind of an unpopular opinion here but I also enjoyed Detective Comics from the start, it's rather essential for Death of the Family aswell.
    I repeat my questions to you, if you don't mind.
    Cyclops was right