View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 243 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1431932332392402412422432442452462472532933437431243 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 21672

Let's play a game. We read Snyder's Batman and whenever he takes himself too serious, writes mega dramatic dialogues or puts three (or more) speech bubbles in a row to the same character... we take a shot of alcohol!

It can be so much fun, you don't know what you're missing.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Let's play a game. We read Snyder's Batman and whenever he takes himself too serious, writes mega dramatic dialogues or puts three (or more) speech bubbles in a row to the same character... we take a shot of alcohol!

My god, I'm getting drunk just thinking about it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post

or when he infodumps. So far Black mirror is good but every now and then somebody starts infodumping and I got very irritating n52 Batman vibes. (and the other thing is when he opens with an action sequence but Batman starts to narrate about his childhood experiences or talking about some interesting scientific fact that's somewhat metaphorical to the actual plot)
    But I don't know which is more dangerous as a drinking game, this or drinking every time when somebody says "YO JOE" in the 1987 GI Joe The Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Is the brightest day binding as bad as the amazon reviews lead me to believe? I've been interested to pair it with my Absolute Blackest night but not if it's so faulty. It was only released last year so I'm so wary of getting and DC omnibus.
    Actually, it's pretty decent, much better than other Omnis like Planetary, House of Secrets or Animal Man. It's on par with the first Sandman Omnibus actually. Not as good as the bindings produced in Canada, but much better than anything else printed in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    My god, I'm getting drunk just thinking about it
    You bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    or when he infodumps. So far Black mirror is good but every now and then somebody starts infodumping and I got very irritating n52 Batman vibes. (and the other thing is when he opens with an action sequence but Batman starts to narrate about his childhood experiences or talking about some interesting scientific fact that's somewhat metaphorical to the actual plot)
    But I don't know which is more dangerous as a drinking game, this or drinking every time when somebody says "YO JOE" in the 1987 GI Joe The Movie.
    Good question, good question.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Actually, it's pretty decent, much better than other Omnis like Planetary, House of Secrets or Animal Man. It's on par with the first Sandman Omnibus actually. Not as good as the bindings produced in Canada, but much better than anything else printed in the USA.
    Does the text block feel loose at all? There are many complaints on Amazon that it completely detached from the boards after a few days.

This guy made a video about it:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BesZhPeOkR4
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 02-02-2015 at 02:44 PM.

I want to play the game with you guys, but I also want to live!

I feel like I've found a home where no one is taking crazy pills. Not like that other place.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    How about John's Flash vs. John's GL, which is the must have Omnibus?
    For me, Johns' first Flash run has the highest highs but also some of the lowest lows of anything I've read from him. The first omnibus volume is good not great, the second omnibus volume is just about my favorite volume of any in-print Flash stories, and the third omnibus volume is mediocre despite it's great final issue.

John's Green Lantern run was more consistent throughout. It had a few dips here and there but nothing major that takes away from the run as a whole. Overall, I thought it was a really enjoyable run with a good payoff for sticking with the title all the way through.

If it's between Flash Vol. 1 and GL Vol. 1 I'd definitely go for Green Lantern first.
    But are you the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Does the text block feel loose at all? There are many complaints on Amazon that it completely detached from the boards after a few days.

This guy made a video about it:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BesZhPeOkR4
    All I can say is mine is still in great shape. Here are some pictures of it. I hope they help.
    DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

Like I said before, this is DC's best US produced binding, on par with the first Sandman Omni.

Amazing Member

My new haul. Lovin' that green babe on the back of Top 10.

As much as I expand my collection each pay check I get, I feel depressed that a lot of the books I want will probably go OOP before I summon the money I need.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    All I can say is mine is still in great shape. Here are some pictures of it. I hope they help.
    DSC_0271.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0273.jpg

Like I said before, this is DC's best US produced binding, on par with the first Sandman Omni.
    Thanks for the pics. I am considering it again.

The only DC omnis I have are Sleeper (if that counts) and Death and Return of Superman. I had no issues with either, so I guess I can give another a try. I want Animal man too but there's no way. I've heard too many bad things about the quality.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Thanks for the pics. I am considering it again.

The only DC omnis I have are Sleeper (if that counts) and Death and Return of Superman. I had no issues with either, so I guess I can give another a try. I want Animal man too but there's no way. I've heard too many bad things about the quality.
    I've read the Animal Man omni twice, I had no problems with it. Not perfect but had worse.

I ordered the brightest day omni, and it was the last one. Amazon listing now has "1-2 months." Glad I jumped on it.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    He really overuses that trick. I had to laugh when I opened Superman Unchained and Superman's chasing something in space while narrating about corn on the Kent farm or something.

I ordered the brightest day omni, and it was the last one. Amazon listing now has "1-2 months." Glad I jumped on it.
    I'm glad I could help you decide!