View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 247 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1471972372432442452462472482492502512572973477471247 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 21671
    Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Again, all those who disagree with my opinion have perfectly valid points, but I wanted to weigh in in Snyder's defense as the conversation seems to have gotten a little one-sided against him.
    *slow clap*

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    exactly! they're normal sized with regular paper.
    Yeah, you're right. I forgot they were just hardcovers, and cheap ones at that - if they were actually deluxe editions, I would've totally bought them upon release. I remember thumbing through the first one and being so disappointed in it's quality, that I figured I'd just hold on to my floppies instead.

It's just that DC's already released and re-released SO MUCH of Moore's work already, it's surprising that they haven't done much with his Swamp Thing. Maybe they just don't want to sink in the money it would take to do his ST right. But then, it would make them money, guaranteed.

I know right. I remember when Borders was closing down and put these on extreme markdowns and I thought to myself I will wait for the inevitable bigger/better versions. Here we are going on 4 years later...

What the hell, DC will finish New 52?!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What the hell, DC will finish New 52?!
    Not exactly. 25 of the main series will continue but from my understanding they will scrap the New 52 "logo" and will be introducing 24 new series/mini-series.

You can find the full lineup here
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 02-06-2015 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Not exactly. 25 of the main series will continue but from my understanding they will scrap the New 52 "logo" and will be introducing 24 new series/mini-series.

Oh, ok thanks. Ennis writing Hitman limited series?! Wow!

Incredible Member

Don't forget Batman Beyond!!

It's actually "Section 8", a spin-off of Hitman, but still, fingers crossed for a Hitman Omnibus - stranger things have happened...

My green lantern Omni arrived today. Dc's paper is so much better than marvels.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    It's actually "Section 8", a spin-off of Hitman, but still, fingers crossed for a Hitman Omnibus - stranger things have happened...
    I will keep my fingers crossed, but unfortunately this would have to be the biggest omnibus ever and I guess there is a limit, how big they can get.
    A-2-book-Omnibus on the other hand is much more unlikely, I would expect to see Preacher first if they had plans like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    I will keep my fingers crossed, but unfortunately this would have to be the biggest omnibus ever and I guess there is a limit, how big they can get.
    A-2-book-Omnibus on the other hand is much more unlikely, I would expect to see Preacher first if they had plans like that.
    Yeah, there's 60 issues, and about 5 off-shoot issues that should be in there as well, so a 2 volume Omni would be perfect. They did finish up collecting it in 7 volumes of trades just a couple years ago - so they just need to consolidate those into 2 big hardcovers. Done, and done!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Exactly! Want to talk about original Batman storytelling, character development, etc., ceck out Tomasi's Batman and Robin. This is the best Batman in years.

On a side note, I'm not sure where the phrase "information dump" came from, but it's really a misnomer in Snyder's case as those long paragraphs add very little to the story. I'm thinking it's really just an inability to self-edit or maybe it's the editor's fault.

And before the Snyder fans come down on me, I did enjoy what I read of his American Vampire.
    I don't like AE at all but I really enjoy 90% of Snyder's Batman. He has some trouble with his endings and I found his bruce wayne becoming Batman story was boring but everything else has been really great. Especially since I went into it right after Morrison's run which to me, oscillated between standard (sometimes dull) super hero fare, crazy Morrison and fun inventiveness.

I've also just recently read Wake and that was all over the place but I like it alright. I thought it was a horror comic and then it turned into Sci-fi without much warning. It felt like to completely different books in-elegantly mashed together. I would have liked to see him expound on the story and make it flow a bit better.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

So Justice League Dark is also terminated.
    The lone title from the original nu52 I'll be getting monthly(i.e. not in TPB-I do my share of that) is Aquaman.

Several of these sound interesting and the one I may dive into for monthly support is Martian Manhunter. I really enjoyed the 33/34 issue series run he in the 90's with Ostrander.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So Justice League Dark is also terminated.
    The lone title from the original nu52 I'll be getting monthly(i.e. not in TPB-I do my share of that) is Aquaman.

Several of these sound interesting and the one I may dive into for monthly support is Martian Manhunter. I really enjoyed the 33/34 issue series run he in the 90's with Ostrander.
    I thought Justice League Dark stopped a long time ago? Or maybe I'm just thinking of Demon Knights.

Justice League Dark is just getting relaunched as Dark Universe, to better match the in-development Del Toro film of that name.