View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 248 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1481982382442452462472482492502512522582983487481248 ... LastLast
Results 3,706 to 3,720 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Yeah, there's 60 issues, and about 5 off-shoot issues that should be in there as well, so a 2 volume Omni would be perfect. They did finish up collecting it in 7 volumes of trades just a couple years ago - so they just need to consolidate those into 2 big hardcovers. Done, and done!
    I suppose you can dream but I really wouldn't count on this. From what I understand the tpbs didn't even sell that well and DC - just to complete the run - combined what would have been two tpbs into the final one. Don't get me wrong, I'd be first in line for a Hitman omnibus or two (or even Deluxe HCs) but I don't ever see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So Justice League Dark is also terminated.
    The lone title from the original nu52 I'll be getting monthly(i.e. not in TPB-I do my share of that) is Aquaman.

Several of these sound interesting and the one I may dive into for monthly support is Martian Manhunter. I really enjoyed the 33/34 issue series run he in the 90's with Ostrander.

By the time, June rolls around, I'll be down to only Justice League by Johns. That's pretty messed up, too. I think at the beginning I was buying 20 or so titles. I have them six months and dropped to about 8. I've been at four now for about a year, but recently decided to drop Batman. (The others are Batman and Robin and Swamp Things, which are getting cancelled.)

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I suppose you can dream but I really wouldn't count on this. From what I understand the tpbs didn't even sell that well and DC - just to complete the run - combined what would have been two tpbs into the final one. Don't get me wrong, I'd be first in line for a Hitman omnibus or two (or even Deluxe HCs) but I don't ever see it happening.
    I'd be all over some deluxe sized Hitman, but I picked all the trades up cheap from IST recently. Honestly, I'm just glad it's been collected.

This reminds me, I still need to pick up that last Boys hardcover...

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I'd be all over some deluxe sized Hitman, but I picked all the trades up cheap from IST recently. Honestly, I'm just glad it's been collected.

This reminds me, I still need to pick up that last Boys hardcover...
    Yeah, I got the trade, too, but would definitely upgrade.
    And yes, go out and get The Boys final HC now.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yeah, I got the trade, too, but would definitely upgrade.
    And yes, go out and get The Boys final HC now.
    Oh, I've read it Great ending. Just haven't gotten the last definitive edition yet.

Spectacular Member

--I would have thought those Moore Swamp Thing books would have sold well. Although very much a time and place book for me, it is the definitive take on the character and always listed as one of those pivotal moments in comics history. Plus they reprinted the Vaughn run and evidently Morrison's series is going to be reprinted as well. I would still love to see the Veitch stories reprinted, in some ways they held up better than the more celebrated Moore issues.

--I wish the DC reprint line would get more aggressive. There just seems to be a lot of interesting stuff that isn't seeing print---maybe not classy enough for an Absolute or long enough for an omnibus, but maybe their own version of a Marvel Epic-twenty-issue-in-a-TPB thing. THey've been doing something for Batman along those lines, but I'd love to see them do it for other characters in other eras.

--Why not Armageddon 2001 in omnibus? Or Crisis in Infinite Earths with all the crossovers?
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    --I would have thought those Moore Swamp Thing books would have sold well. Although very much a time and place book for me, it is the definitive take on the character and always listed as one of those pivotal moments in comics history. Plus they reprinted the Vaughn run and evidently Morrison's series is going to be reprinted as well. I would still love to see the Veitch stories reprinted, in some ways they held up better than the more celebrated Moore issues.

--I wish the DC reprint line would get more aggressive. There just seems to be a lot of interesting stuff that isn't seeing print---maybe not classy enough for an Absolute or long enough for an omnibus, but maybe their own version of a Marvel Epic-twenty-issue-in-a-TPB thing. THey've been doing something for Batman along those lines, but I'd love to see them do it for other characters in other eras.

--Why not Armageddon 2001 in omnibus? Or Crisis in Infinite Earths with all the crossovers?
    I think they are doing this to some extent: the Vertigo Animal Man series, for example. And Ostrander's Spectre and Martian Manhunter and Grell's Green Arrow (though hopefully the trades will get bigger as they go, like they did with Animal Man.) They're also doing Dixon's Nightwing and Gail Simone's Secret Six in larger TPBs. Will they finish any of these is the big question. The fact that they finished Hitman and Animal Man (at least through Delano's run, there's enough for one more volume with Jerry Prosser's 80-89 to finish out the series) is encouraging.

Do you think there's much of a market for older events like Armageddon 2001 or Crisis with the tie-ins in omnibus format? I always felt Armageddon 2001 was especially maligned (though some of the tie-ins were good, the main story was pretty rough), and the Crisis tie-ins in many cases were limited to the appearance of red skies and little else. Events like Legends, Millenium, War of the Gods, Zero Hour, Genesis, and Final Night never struck me as being particularly good or "omnibus worthy" either. Though Legends at least spun out a lot of great series (JLI, Suicide Squad, Flash), I'd rather see all those series in omni before Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Justice League Dark is just getting relaunched as Dark Universe, to better match the in-development Del Toro film of that name.
    A Justice League Dark Omni or hardcover would be great before the new stuff & movie!

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I feel the same way. A DC Epic-analogue line would be great.

And, to collect in chuncky tpbs, series/runs like Kesel/Grummet's Superboy, Marz's GL, Azrael, Batgirl (Cassandra), 'Tec by Rucka, Shadow of the Bat, Gerard Jones' Green Lantern: Mosaic, Alan Grant's Lobo Dixon and Simone's Birds of Prey, PAD's Supergirl, Aquaman and Young Justice... The list goes on and on.

And resume and complete the Suicide Squad by Ostrander tps.

For people who owns the Absolute Edition, will anybody be getting the deluxe?

Some pics here already:

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For people who owns the Absolute Edition, will anybody be getting the deluxe?
    I can't imagine picking up the Deluxe. Though it does include a couple of new issues not collected in the Absolute, right?

I hate double-dipping in general. If I end up at some point with money to burn I could see myself buying this with the additional issues as a reading and lending copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I can't imagine picking up the Deluxe. Though it does include a couple of new issues not collected in the Absolute, right?

I hate double-dipping in general. If I end up at some point with money to burn I could see myself buying this with the additional issues as a reading and lending copy.
    Just Justice League: The New Frontier Special... I agree, I don't think Ill double dip just for one issue but I'm very annoyed the "Absolute Edition" isn't "Absolute".

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    I feel the same way. A DC Epic-analogue line would be great.

And, to collect in chuncky tpbs, series/runs like Kesel/Grummet's Superboy, Marz's GL, Azrael, Batgirl (Cassandra), 'Tec by Rucka, Shadow of the Bat, Gerard Jones' Green Lantern: Mosaic, Alan Grant's Lobo Dixon and Simone's Birds of Prey, PAD's Supergirl, Aquaman and Young Justice... The list goes on and on.

And resume and complete the Suicide Squad by Ostrander tps.
    It does seem crazy that things like Suicide Squad, pretty much all of PAD's DC work, Birds of Prey, etc are impossible to get in TPB. I got tired of waiting on DC and just made my own binds of a lot of that material (minus the three NTT omnis, Planetary omni, Geoff Johns TT omni and Death & Return of Superman omni, which are the official releases):

Obviously that's not super-convenient for everyone, but always an option. One upside is at least that way you can avoid DC's collected editions department leaving out important issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It does seem crazy that things like Suicide Squad, pretty much all of PAD's DC work, Birds of Prey, etc are impossible to get in TPB. I got tired of waiting on DC and just made my own binds of a lot of that material (minus the three NTT omnis, Planetary omni, Geoff Johns TT omni and Death & Return of Superman omni, which are the official releases):

Obviously that's not super-convenient for everyone, but always an option. One upside is at least that way you can avoid DC's collected editions department leaving out important issues
    Looking good man

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Just one issue. While it does have some cool stories within it, it doesn't really add anything to the New Frontier story, so you aren't missing anything in that regard.

Just wanted to say to anyone on the fence I think the Green Lantern Omnibus is Amazing! I don't really care for books to go past 800-900 pages but it was worth making an exception. So pretty I can deal with reading it on my bed.

I think the thing slowing down DC Epic lines is them so recently leaving that timeline behind. Would love big old trades of Superman, Flash, Green lantern, some Batman and Wonder Woman. They seem to be doing right by the Justice League already. I would hope they seperate lines by pre/post crisis. I would buy both for those 6 lines without question. Maybe they just don't want to remind people how great the pre new 52 costumes were before Jim Lee turned out his terrible redesigns.