View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 249 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1491992392452462472482492502512522532592993497491249 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It does seem crazy that things like Suicide Squad, pretty much all of PAD's DC work, Birds of Prey, etc are impossible to get in TPB. I got tired of waiting on DC and just made my own binds of a lot of that material (minus the three NTT omnis, Planetary omni, Geoff Johns TT omni and Death & Return of Superman omni, which are the official releases):

Obviously that's not super-convenient for everyone, but always an option. One upside is at least that way you can avoid DC's collected editions department leaving out important issues
    Good Lord can you send in your resume for head of DC trade department already! I'm gonna need quite a few of those books a.s.a.p.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

It does seem crazy that things like Suicide Squad, pretty much all of PAD's DC work, Birds of Prey, etc are impossible to get in TPB. I got tired of waiting on DC and just made my own binds of a lot of that material (minus the three NTT omnis, Planetary omni, Geoff Johns TT omni and Death & Return of Superman omni, which are the official releases):

Obviously that's not super-convenient for everyone, but always an option. One upside is at least that way you can avoid DC's collected editions department leaving out important issues
    FANTASTIC! I like those interlocking Superman spines and the different Flash logos.

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For people who owns the Absolute Edition, will anybody be getting the deluxe?

Some pics here already:

The deluxe looks very nice and I really would like to have that additional issue, but I feel very satisfied with my Absolute and have no desire whatsover to purchase the deluxe for one single issue. The New Fronter was destined to be in the Absolute format.

Spectacular Member

I looked at the picture before I read the post and I was thinking where the hell have I been? Are these European collections?

--Those are really nice professional looking bindings. Did you design the covers yourself?

--Have you thought about sending your resume into DC collections department? A release schedule resembling your own personal tastes would leave me destitute? EDIT: Meh, someone beat me to the resume joke. Which regarding your personal circumstances, might not be a joke but a sincere suggestion.
    trying to be nicer

Thanks guys. I have some more pictures up here.

I did the cover designs myself (though in cases like the New Teen Titans volumes, I just duplicated the official release with different text/pictures so they'd match). I keep them pretty simple, though occasionally get a wildhair and try something like interlocking Supergirl spines, or the interlocking Superman spines.

I had considered offering my services to folks who would be interested in having bound books but didn't have the time/interest to make them themselves, but didn't consider working for DC an option. Now THAT would be a dream come true. I wonder if a BA in English, a lot of IT experience, some Photoshop knowledge, and a love of DC comics is enough...

Um, I am pretty sure I am going to need you to bind all my Flash run (Wally) and Firestorm run.
    You really should be for hire.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Thanks guys. I have some more pictures up here.

I did the cover designs myself (though in cases like the New Teen Titans volumes, I just duplicated the official release with different text/pictures so they'd match). I keep them pretty simple, though occasionally get a wildhair and try something like interlocking Supergirl spines, or the interlocking Superman spines.

I had considered offering my services to folks who would be interested in having bound books but didn't have the time/interest to make them themselves, but didn't consider working for DC an option. Now THAT would be a dream come true. I wonder if a BA in English, a lot of IT experience, some Photoshop knowledge, and a love of DC comics is enough...
    Just checked your other pics.

Echoing what I wrote before: FAN.TAS.TIC!

You definitely seem to have an aesthetic eye.

I think you should give the "sending your resume to DC" a shot.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I need this. I need this so much.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Um, I am pretty sure I am going to need you to bind all my Flash run (Wally) and Firestorm run.
    You really should be for hire.
    PM sent.

And thanks Raffi! I love making these things and showing them off. Maybe with DC's move a collected editions gig is open. If they are going to continue to release stuff and (with any luck) get more aggressive as the DC film universe begins to expand, it might be a good time to find out.
    Last edited by Dick Grayson; 02-09-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Anyone know when the New Frontier Deluxe goes out on Instocktrades? I want to get the 50% deal.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Anyone know when the New Frontier Deluxe goes out on Instocktrades? I want to get the 50% deal.
    Looks like it is due out this week- http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/952

So I'd expect to see it up there tomorrow when they update their site.

This. Is. Awesome.

oh man! This is just too awesome!
    they look a bit like vhs cases which adds a bit of nostalgia factor to it for me.
    Last edited by Balakin; 02-09-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Yes, "awesome" is the best word to describe it, Grayson!

And like Dr. Jay above, I first thought "When the hell did DC put out TPBs of the NTT Omnis? And so many?"

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

That's absolutely stunning!