View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 251 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1512012412472482492502512522532542552613013517511251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,765 of 21671

Will DC ever reprint the Infinite Crisis Omnibus?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Those custom bound books look great makes me want to make my own Wally and Cassie omnibus may have to looked into that now.

Also instead of an Infinite Crisis Omnibus, I want a Absolute Infinite Crisis. They have the other crisis books in absolute format do not like that I cannot add Infinite Crisis and complete the collection.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Will DC ever reprint the Infinite Crisis Omnibus?
    Gut feeling? No.

But it does make one wonder, what are the criteria DC use to determine whether an omnibus gets reprinted?

Some seem to sell out relatively quickly and then stay out of print.

Others seem to stay in print for ages, presumably with several reprints.

E.g. All three Flash Omnibuses and the Hawkman Omnibus are all still in print.

I guess the reasoning behind these decisions is the same as for Marvel. I.e. Nobody knows.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Glad you ended your list that way cause as I read it I thought, "same for Marvel"
    It's the adage used in this forum but started in the Marvel Omni thread of old: "Your guess is as good as ours".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^
    Glad you ended your list that way cause as I read it I thought, "same for Marvel"
    It's the adage used in this forum but started in the Marvel Omni thread of old: "Your guess is as good as ours".
    My favorite is still: "You the man, Charlie Brown!"

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    My favorite is still: "You the man, Charlie Brown!"
    Seriously one of the best things to come out of that board.

Incredible Member

Finished Superman Earth One v3. It was okay. Just like the other two. Easy brisk read. Took about an hour. I've decided that this Earth One series is like junk food. It's okay in moderation. Sometimes I really enjoy it. Sometimes I regret it. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    maybe wordery is cheaper? Are you from Serbia right? When I lived in Hungary bookdepo was usually the cheapest but their prices went up since then (for UK orders you can't beat speedyhen but they usually don't ship internationally if you try to order from their website but sometimes they do it through amazon or ebay).
    Haven't order from wordery, yet. For now, prices are pretty much similar. Will try in future probably. Thanx for the tip, though.
    p.s.How come you swapped Hungary for Scotland?

Incredible Member

My GL omni arrived today! Iit's a big, beautiful beast. Going to have a look tonight and see what the binding's like, since I'm predicting a hard read due to the size.

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    Haven't order from wordery, yet. For now, prices are pretty much similar. Will try in future probably. Thanx for the tip, though.
    p.s.How come you swapped Hungary for Scotland?
    To be honest, I don't like Hungary too much and never did. But in recent years it just got worse both the financial situation and just the overall mood and mindset of the people. And I really like Scotland, people are nice, I don't mind the weather and I have some money to spend on stuff (+free domestic shipping from a lot of sellers!!!).

Incredible Member

Just to follow up on my post a couple above, the GL omni binding is surprisingly good. Very pleased.

Just finished an extended run of DC books, wrapping up with the Brightest Day omnibus. Enjoyed it, but I can definitely see why it gets mixed reviews. For one, I thought it would follow all 12 resurrected characters, when it only followed a core group. The rest had an "Oh, and this happened." wrap up during the climax. I particularly wanted to see how Maxwell Lord and Osiris' stories played out, and apparently they happened elsewhere. Also, if I hadn't just read the Hawkman & JSA omnibuses, I would have been completely lost for his story, which is a large portion of the book. This book really isn't new-reader friendly.

As far as the build, really not impressed. The spine was flexible, especially compared to other DC books, but it felt like the book would fall apart on me if I was just a little too rough. I saw some older posts, and I guess this actually happened to some people. Also didn't like the semi-matte paper stock. Thickness was fine, but texture threw me off.

One final problem, is that this story was right before Flashpoint, so in the end it felt meaningless knowing that a reboot was just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    My GL omni arrived today! Iit's a big, beautiful beast. Going to have a look tonight and see what the binding's like, since I'm predicting a hard read due to the size.
    For some reason I thought I don't need this book ( I soured by John's writing since the n52 started) but every day I feel the urge to purchase it more and more.
    Damn, I need to buy the JSA omnis too. There is just not enough money in the world to keep me satisfied with this hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Just finished an extended run of DC books, wrapping up with the Brightest Day omnibus. Enjoyed it, but I can definitely see why it gets mixed reviews. For one, I thought it would follow all 12 resurrected characters, when it only followed a core group. The rest had an "Oh, and this happened." wrap up during the climax. I particularly wanted to see how Maxwell Lord and Osiris' stories played out, and apparently they happened elsewhere. Also, if I hadn't just read the Hawkman & JSA omnibuses, I would have been completely lost for his story, which is a large portion of the book. This book really isn't new-reader friendly.

As far as the build, really not impressed. The spine was flexible, especially compared to other DC books, but it felt like the book would fall apart on me if I was just a little too rough. I saw some older posts, and I guess this actually happened to some people. Also didn't like the semi-matte paper stock. Thickness was fine, but texture threw me off.

One final problem, is that this story was right before Flashpoint, so in the end it felt meaningless knowing that a reboot was just around the corner.
    For the Maxwell Lord story you need to read Generation Lost wich is IMHO very good (better than Brightest day). But I agree, it felt a bit meaningless because of the reboot.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It does seem crazy that things like Suicide Squad, pretty much all of PAD's DC work, Birds of Prey, etc are impossible to get in TPB. I got tired of waiting on DC and just made my own binds of a lot of that material (minus the three NTT omnis, Planetary omni, Geoff Johns TT omni and Death & Return of Superman omni, which are the official releases):

Obviously that's not super-convenient for everyone, but always an option. One upside is at least that way you can avoid DC's collected editions department leaving out important issues
    You've got the right attitude. Someday I will join you in binding heaven.
    Miller was right.