View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 252 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1522022422482492502512522532542552562623023527521252 ... LastLast
Results 3,766 to 3,780 of 21670
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Just to follow up on my post a couple above, the GL omni binding is surprisingly good. Very pleased.

My copy of GL just arrived and I've been putting the binding through its paces. Apart from a very minor concern at the start when the spine started bending inwards along with the page-block (which was quickly rectified by just running a ruler up between the page-block and the spine) This is one of the best binding jobs by DC in ages.

Heres a quick album of shots I took of the binding.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My copy of GL just arrived and I've been putting the binding through its paces. Apart from a very minor concern at the start when the spine started bending inwards along with the page-block (which was quickly rectified by just running a ruler up between the page-block and the spine) This is one of the best binding jobs by DC in ages.

Heres a quick album of shots I took of the binding.
    Wow that is more than acceptable!
    Miller was right.

Amazing Member

Agreed about the binding. I had no problems reading the entire thing, absolutely no gutter loss. To me, this omnibus is overall better quality than what Marvel is currently putting out and that's a first. DC has really stepped up their game here and listened to the consumers. (Hopefully they'll listen to the pleas for Absolute Batman: RIP and ROBW). It doesn't hurt that this omnibus is a really fun read.

Spectacular Member

Is the 52 Omnibus going OOP, or do I have a busted memory, because I don't remember it being that expensive until today. (At cheapest it's like ~90 euros, I think it used to be 45 or so...)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Is the 52 Omnibus going OOP, or do I have a busted memory, because I don't remember it being that expensive until today. (At cheapest it's like ~90 euros, I think it used to be 45 or so...)
    It was always that expensive. The RRP is $150
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It was always that expensive. The RRP is $150
    Oh, ok, thanks. I was momentarily panicking should I order it now, or let it wait for while. Still.

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    The 52 omnibus is OOP, has been for a while.

Just got my Johns GL Omnibus, very impressed with the binding. Paper is a little less glossy than I would have liked, I'm used to the Absolute for GL Rebirth, but overall a very tidy package. Well done DC, and since it was 60us shipped from Amazon an absolute bargain.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The 52 Omnibus is right there with the Marvel Now and upcoming Marvel 90's Firsts Omnis as books I wouldn't want if they were given to me.
    I literally passed when an Amazon Marketplace seller had the Marvel Now Omni for $6, and it wasn't a glitch, it stayed that way for a good week.

I want my Omni's to either be runs or collected contained stories. Not this one off issue menagerie of a collection.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The 52 Omnibus is right there with the Marvel Now and upcoming Marvel 90's Firsts Omnis as books I wouldn't want if they were given to me.
    I literally passed when an Amazon Marketplace seller had the Marvel Now Omni for $6, and it wasn't a glitch, it stayed that way for a good week.

I want my Omni's to either be runs or collected contained stories. Not this one off issue menagerie of a collection.
    I think they are referring to the 52 Omnibus (DC's first and best weekly, following Infinite Crisis and written by Morrison, Johns, Rucka, and Waid), not the New 52 omnibus (all the New 52 first issues).
    http://www.amazon.com/52-Omnibus-Geo...rds=52+omnibus

Doesn't appear to be OOP either, since it's in stock at Amazon, instocktrades, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

I think you are confusing the new52 omni with the 52 omni.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I did confuse the two. I actually had forgotten about the 52 Omni as a separate book.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Just finished an extended run of DC books, wrapping up with the Brightest Day omnibus. Enjoyed it, but I can definitely see why it gets mixed reviews. For one, I thought it would follow all 12 resurrected characters, when it only followed a core group. The rest had an "Oh, and this happened." wrap up during the climax. I particularly wanted to see how Maxwell Lord and Osiris' stories played out, and apparently they happened elsewhere. Also, if I hadn't just read the Hawkman & JSA omnibuses, I would have been completely lost for his story, which is a large portion of the book. This book really isn't new-reader friendly.

As far as the build, really not impressed. The spine was flexible, especially compared to other DC books, but it felt like the book would fall apart on me if I was just a little too rough. I saw some older posts, and I guess this actually happened to some people. Also didn't like the semi-matte paper stock. Thickness was fine, but texture threw me off.

One final problem, is that this story was right before Flashpoint, so in the end it felt meaningless knowing that a reboot was just around the corner.
    Well that's a shame. Last place I left off in John's GL run was Blackest Night. I was hoping I could jump back into it starting with Brightest Day and after that finishing the rest of the run, but I guess not. I'll probably finish my JSA vol.1 at least before doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Well that's a shame. Last place I left off in John's GL run was Blackest Night. I was hoping I could jump back into it starting with Brightest Day and after that finishing the rest of the run, but I guess not. I'll probably finish my JSA vol.1 at least before doing so.
    I'm at the same place with my GL reading. Haven't read it yet, but I don't think the Brightest Day Green Lantern book is too much of a tie-in to the main mini-series. Sinestro is there for a few issues, and then Carol Ferris comes in for about the same towards the end, and that's it. It's not like Blackest Night, where it was basically a Green Lantern story that spread to all of the DC characters.

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I'm at the same place with my GL reading. Haven't read it yet, but I don't think the Brightest Day Green Lantern book is too much of a tie-in to the main mini-series. Sinestro is there for a few issues, and then Carol Ferris comes in for about the same towards the end, and that's it. It's not like Blackest Night, where it was basically a Green Lantern story that spread to all of the DC characters.
    You pretty much nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Doesn't appear to be OOP either, since it's in stock at Amazon, instocktrades, etc.
    Whether something's in stock or not is not necessarily an indicator that it's still in print. It could be old stock.