View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 253 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1532032432492502512522532542552562572633033537531253 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    Agreed about the binding. I had no problems reading the entire thing, absolutely no gutter loss. To me, this omnibus is overall better quality than what Marvel is currently putting out and that's a first. DC has really stepped up their game here and listened to the consumers. (Hopefully they'll listen to the pleas for Absolute Batman: RIP and ROBW). It doesn't hurt that this omnibus is a really fun read.
    Yeah, it's the best DC binding I've gotten my hands on which is nice. There are still problems in the middle with the inside of the pages not opening all the way out and some slight gutter loss with splash pages in the middle but overall it's good.

And the story is really great so far. I would put this up with Johns Flash (which in my opinion is the best thing he's done).

P.S. I just finished with the first issues penciled by Patrick Gleason (don't know which issue it is since DC still doesn't like to put the issue numbers in their omnibuses) and while I didn't think much of it in the beginning I was in love by the end. I like it much better than Van Sciver.
    Last edited by Captain Planet; 02-11-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I don't have a specific post there, but there isn't much to tell. I was using Herring & Robinson but they recently stopped doing the custom covers, so I've been using Houchen for my last few batches. They do a great job and are easy to work with, I can't recommend them enough.

As far as prep, it's just a matter of taking out staples, then removing double-sided ads. If you're interested in getting into binding, I highly recommend the FAQ over at the Marvel Masterworks Binding board, found here.

When I started it was to convert floppies I already had into bound books, but once I discovered how much fun it was, I started buying runs of books that I'd been interested in but were uncollected. Between mycomicshop.com, comiccollectorlive.com, midtowncomics.com, ebay, and local shops, it's typically been pretty easy to get whatever I need for reasonable prices.
    Amazing work! So envious! I did have a question about custom binding. I know you use single issues but can you also use tpb's ? Just curious because certain runs (looking at you Simones WW) were never completed in hc or will never be and I sometimes prefer the production values.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Amazing work! So envious! I did have a question about custom binding. I know you use single issues but can you also use tpb's ? Just curious because certain runs (looking at you Simones WW) were never completed in hc or will never be and I sometimes prefer the production values.
    Tpb's and even hc's can be bound into a custom hc. Check the FAQ he posted
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

I am considering going after the INFINITE CRISIS OMNIBUS. Is is worth going after, in terms of quality and content? Is there anything it leaves out, and is the quality of the book itself top-notch (binding, etc.)?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    I am considering going after the INFINITE CRISIS OMNIBUS. Is is worth going after, in terms of quality and content? Is there anything it leaves out, and is the quality of the book itself top-notch (binding, etc.)?
    I don't have it (wish I did) but I think the binding wasn't great.

As far as content, I really loved the whole Infinite Crisis era. I found the whole thing really engaging, tense and fun.

Wow, really? Last time I've checked price was 300+ quid on Amazon marketplace. Good luck sir!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Wow, really? Last time I've checked price was 300+ quid on Amazon marketplace. Good luck sir!
    I found a place where I can get it for cover price. I have the hardcover of Infinite Crisis, and a couple of the tie-in trades, but I've been thinking about getting the huge Omnibus. I really enjoyed the story and some of the recent discussion I've seen here has kinda re-ignited the idea of picking it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Yeah, it's the best DC binding I've gotten my hands on which is nice. There are still problems in the middle with the inside of the pages not opening all the way out and some slight gutter loss with splash pages in the middle but overall it's good.

And the story is really great so far. I would put this up with Johns Flash (which in my opinion is the best thing he's done).

P.S. I just finished with the first issues penciled by Patrick Gleason (don't know which issue it is since DC still doesn't like to put the issue numbers in their omnibuses) and while I didn't think much of it in the beginning I was in love by the end. I like it much better than Van Sciver.
    I like pretty much anything better than Van Sciver. That guy shouldn't draw superheroes, rather horror stuff. I bet he would be great with that.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Now that Absolute INC is out, and INC has finally been finalized art and text-wise: BRING ON a Grant Morrison Batman Omnibus (prefer one, but will accept 3 if 1 is unrealistic).

I've emailed DC about it. I want portions of 52 weeks 30 and 47 in there. Want Ra's Resurrection left out, but summarized (maybe with a few panels). Burnham on the old CBR offered his own personal unofficial reading order for mixing B&R, RoBW, Batman 700-702...DC could ask Grant if he approves that order. Final Crisis could be summarized too.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Now that Absolute INC is out, and INC has finally been finalized art and text-wise: BRING ON a Grant Morrison Batman Omnibus (prefer one, but will accept 3 if 1 is unrealistic).

I've emailed DC about it. I want portions of 52 weeks 30 and 47 in there. Want Ra's Resurrection left out, but summarized (maybe with a few panels). Burnham on the old CBR offered his own personal unofficial reading order for mixing B&R, RoBW, Batman 700-702...DC could ask Grant if he approves that order. Final Crisis could be summarized too.
    I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that it's his suggested reading order too.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that it's his suggested reading order too.
    Really? I'd love to know where. Burnham I recall claimed he didn't confer with Grant on it. But I figure...close as we get, short of Grant offering an order.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Really? I'd love to know where. Burnham I recall claimed he didn't confer with Grant on it. But I figure...close as we get, short of Grant offering an order.
    Maybe he just said at the time when it was published that the two series heading to the same climax or something like that. I think reading the stories it is quite clear what the intended reading order was (or at least the fact that we should mix the two titles).

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    I'm at the same place with my GL reading. Haven't read it yet, but I don't think the Brightest Day Green Lantern book is too much of a tie-in to the main mini-series. Sinestro is there for a few issues, and then Carol Ferris comes in for about the same towards the end, and that's it. It's not like Blackest Night, where it was basically a Green Lantern story that spread to all of the DC characters.
    GL: Brightest Day has nothing to do with the maxi-series. I would recommend it, having gotten it accidentally before reading past Sinestro Corps War.
    Cyclops was right

A great collections that includes pretty much everything Infinite Crisis.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    A great collections that includes pretty much everything Infinite Crisis.
    My only major concern is with the quality of the actual book (binding, paper, etc.). I have a few of the other collections and dig the series, but having the complete story is pretty enticing, especially if close to nothing is left out.