View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 257 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1572072472532542552562572582592602612673073577571257 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
    Still hoping for PREACHER and SCALPED to get the Omnibus treatment... oh well.
    I'm expecting/hoping for Preacher to go straight to Absolute if the TV series goes forward. So far, I think it's just a pilot order. If not, I don't see an omnibus, but could picture deluxes.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

This is the cover given in the DC May solicitations for the Green Lantern by Geoff Johns Omnibus Vol. 2:

@up - looks cool.

Sandman Gallery Edition is a must buy for me, anyone else planning to get it?

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitarix View Post
    And these big TPBs:

BATMAN: CATACLYSM TP NEW EDITION
    Written by CHUCK DIXON and others
    Art by VARIOUS
    Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
    On sale JUNE 10 • 464 pg, FC, $29.99 US
    This new edition of BATMAN: CATACLYSM includes material never collected before from BATMAN #553-554, DETECTIVE COMICS #719-721, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #73-74, NIGHTWING #19-20, AZRAEL #40, CATWOMAN #56-57, ROBIN #52-53, BATMAN CHRONICLES #12, BLACKGATE: ISLE OF MEN #1, HUNTRESS/SPOILER: BLUNT TRAUMA #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM: TALES OF MADNESS #1.
    Took them long enough. I take it Aftershock/Road to NML must be getting it's own separate book then.

So for someone new to Geoff's GL...what it is the best way to collect his run now? Do the absolutes and omnibus overlap?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    So for someone new to Geoff's GL...what it is the best way to collect his run now? Do the absolutes and omnibus overlap?
    Absolutes are a beautiful over-sized collections showcasing the Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night, where's GL Omnis collect the entire saga, but if you only want to choose one, Omnis are the way to go, but still Sinestro Corps War and Blackest Night are really stunning comic book action festivals of geek love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    It does seem crazy that things like Suicide Squad, pretty much all of PAD's DC work, Birds of Prey, etc are impossible to get in TPB. I got tired of waiting on DC and just made my own binds of a lot of that material (minus the three NTT omnis, Planetary omni, Geoff Johns TT omni and Death & Return of Superman omni, which are the official releases):

Obviously that's not super-convenient for everyone, but always an option. One upside is at least that way you can avoid DC's collected editions department leaving out important issues
    I am late but my god I need those Batgirl books. Like what can I give you for them...

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I understand some compromises need to happen when choosing what to collect from Blackest Night in the John's GL Omni Vol 2, but I would have thrown in GLCorps, which I though were really strong, just like with Sinestro Corps.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I was referring more to the timeframe between releases, but point taken
    Aye, DC does indeed know how to get a series released. Problem with them is getting them to release that first volume. After that it's gravy!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher W. View Post
    My first thought when I picked up New Frontier was how light it was for such a thick book. After opening it up, I realized just why. You're right, the paper is very newsprintesque, although a high quality version of such. At first I was rather dissapointed, but on further reflection I wonder if this was a stylistic choice by the collections dept in order to give the book a more silver agey feel. Otherwise, this is an amazing book with a ton of great extras and I can't help but think they would put that much work into putting this together in order to just cheap out on the physical construction. I'll know better once I've given it a read-through if I like it or not, but I'm willing to give the book a pass for now.
    I haven't handled the book but I'm guessing they used Baxter paper, which is uncoated but isn't as flimsy as regular newsprint. Same stuff was used in the recent Green Lanter/Green Arrow trade.
    Miller was right.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's amazing how different DC and Marvel are when it comes to collecting material.

Marvel is sorta nearing to having all of 60s and 70s Amazing Spider-Man collected in Masterworks and etc. The first 8 ASM Masterworks volumes have already made it to cheaper SC versions.

And DC has (relatively) barely collected collected Batman or Detective from the 60s or 70s. Sure, it's harder with two main titles, ok, but DC hasn't even started what might be a long slow release process.

I think DC underestimates how it could expand DC Archives and really interest some willing-to-pay fanbases. I'd pony up $100 (or more!) a volume for DC attempting to collect (separately or together) the main 2 Batman titles from the 70s. No matter the weaker Frank Robbins or Vern Reed material or what...I'd pay for each and every volume. Others would as well, as 70s Batman was semi-modern in its sensibilities and people just love Batman.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-18-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    @up - looks cool.

Sandman Gallery Edition is a must buy for me, anyone else planning to get it?
    Absolutely, yes. Just look at some of the talent included: Keith, Jones, Vess (!), Zulli, Russell (!!). That's pretty much who I wanted to be included when they first announced that there would be a Sandman GE.

This is the cover, according to Comicsvine:

Last edited by LordJulius; 02-18-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's amazing how different DC and Marvel are when it comes to collecting material.
    I feel as though DC has been ramping up their Omnibus program lately, so maybe they are starting to clue in. Hopefully the trend continues!

Does anyone know if the first volume of the New 52 Flash hardcover will get a reprint? I wanted to buy this one, but was shocked by the prices peolple ask for it. I like to read this series and it would look nice next to the other New 52 hardcovers, but I don't think any premiere hardcover is worth so much money.

Amazing Member

Anybody have pics of the Scalped deluxe yet? Been waiting years for this one...

All-New Member

GL Omnibus 2 is a must buy for me, though I was really hoping the cover would feature Black Hand. Ah well.