View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 258 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1582082482542552562572582592602612622683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 21671
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Anybody have pics of the Scalped deluxe yet? Been waiting years for this one...
    Should be recieving it today. Ill post pics if no one gets to it first.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    Does anyone know if the first volume of the New 52 Flash hardcover will get a reprint? I wanted to buy this one, but was shocked by the prices peolple ask for it. I like to read this series and it would look nice next to the other New 52 hardcovers, but I don't think any premiere hardcover is worth so much money.
    I've not heard or seen this happening. I don't think any of the New 52 HC's have been reprinted. I think there were reprints of paperbacks though.

It's crazy how prices skyrocket when a book goes out of print or is close to being out of print. Having one one softcover amidst hardcovers would look funky (personally this drives me crazy). I don't like when a run starts out in format and switches to another with creative changes. Not always the case though.

I actually switched to paperbacks for some New 52 trades I picked up. Looks better on the shelf and cost me a lot less. Wish they padded the end with sketches or something like they did hardcovers. A big pet-peeve of mine is when the last page of a book is a story page. At least throw in some ads.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pdjones View Post
    GL Omnibus 2 is a must buy for me, though I was really hoping the cover would feature Black Hand. Ah well.
    Same here, I'm all over getting that in May to go with my vol.1 + I hope we get a Silver Age GL Omni vol.3 at some point.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    I've not heard or seen this happening. I don't think any of the New 52 HC's have been reprinted. I think there were reprints of paperbacks though.
    They have. Snyder's Batman HCs have been through multiple HC re-printings. Justice League Vol. 1 was sky high and then got re-printed and the prices dropped.

Flash Vol. 1 HC has gone way up then back down on the aftermarket, so it could be indicative that it's been reprinted at some point but I've never actually checked in any of the copies I've come across.

I don't know that DC makes any kind of specific announcement or solicit when they re-print the HCs. I'd imagine it's just a matter of the retailer seeing it's in stock from distribution again and then re-ordering it.

You can see reprints on the extended forecast page on comiclist. The first page of this thread has the HC reprints which is up to date as of a couple of weeks ago. I usually update it once a month.

I just checked now and there's no new reprints, there is an update on the solicit for Fables Deluxe 10 however:

Please note that the contents of the FABLES DELUXE EDITION BOOK 10 HC have been updated since solicitation. The correct contents of this title are FABLES #83-85, JACK OF FABLES #33-35 and THE LITERALS #1-3, plus the graphic novel FABLES: WEREWOLVES OF THE HEARTLAND.

Quote Originally Posted by pdjones View Post
    GL Omnibus 2 is a must buy for me, though I was really hoping the cover would feature Black Hand. Ah well.
    Has anyone noticed that it only includes blackest night 0-7? why not #8?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Anybody have pics of the Scalped deluxe yet? Been waiting years for this one...
    Here you go...

20150219_184534.jpg
    20150219_184550.jpg
    20150219_184628.jpg

Fantastic Member

Scalped Deluxe Hardcover Vol. 1 cont...

Art on cover is a trend I hope continues for Vertigo. Ronin did it, but The Wake was the normal matte black cover under the dust jacket so who knows.
    20150219_184653.jpg

Binding is glued and kind of tight, but I think it will loosen up more with time.
    20150219_184723.jpg

Random interior shot.
    1424390192344.jpg

Overall a pretty damn good deluxe. I wasn't expecting it to be anything except glued as far as binding goes, because that is unfortuantely the standard. But I could be worse. And it has the full script for the first issue as well as Jock concept sketches and covers. Individual covers for each issue are at what would be the beginning of each issue in the book, but they are sans indicia and title which is nice.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that it only includes blackest night 0-7? why not #8?
    They've had plenty of misprints before. I can't imagine them ending this omni on a cliffhanger...right?!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post

Art on cover is a trend I hope continues for Vertigo. Ronin did it, but The Wake was the normal matte black cover under the dust jacket so who knows.
    20150219_184653.jpg

Binding is glued and kind of tight, but I think it will loosen up more with time.
    20150219_184723.jpg

Random interior shot.
    1424390192344.jpg

Overall a pretty damn good deluxe. I wasn't expecting it to be anything except glued as far as binding goes, because that is unfortuantely the standard. But I could be worse. And it has the full script for the first issue as well as Jock concept sketches and covers. Individual covers for each issue are at what would be the beginning of each issue in the book, but they are sans indicia and title which is nice.
    It has signatures, I think that means it's sewn. A first for dc deluxes.

Mighty Member

One of my favorite Vertigo series, so i'll definitely be picking this up. But I don't care for the cover art at all. They did the deluxe a disservice by not opting for one of the many wonderful Jock covers.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge602 View Post
    A big pet-peeve of mine is when the last page of a book is a story page. At least throw in some ads.
    This didn't used to bother me back when collected editions were a relatively rare thing, but I was flipping through the recent Grell Green Arrow trades and noticed this. My OCD started twitching, and I started flipping through a bunch of other stuff...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

20150219_184653.jpg

20150219_184723.jpg

Random interior shot.
    1424390192344.jpg

As canadianaidan64 said, that is actually sewn. I look forward to getting mine!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    It has signatures, I think that means it's sewn. A first for dc deluxes.
    Don't get excited. It responds exactly like a glued book. I have sewn books myself and I understand the process and thst you also glue even with sewing, but if it were a true sewn book there would not be the gutter loss that there is. Unless they glued and bound it so poorly after sewing that they negated the benefits of sewing in the first place. But I suspect it just isn't a sewn through the signatures book. What is the track record with that on books they print and bind in Canada? I haven't found evidence of thread in the gutters anywhere either. Anyway, this isn't to say it is not a quality book. I'm happy with it. Unless they put out a great sewn omnibus in the future or something, then I'll be annoyed I didn't wait just a little bit longer to get this series.

Also, this is not a first for DC deluxes as it is the same as the Invisibles deluxes.
    Last edited by johnsme; 02-19-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Amazing Member

thanks for the pics johnsme! Looking forward to reading it for the first time. Heard only good things.