View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 259 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1592092492552562572582592602612622632693093597591259 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 21671
    Spectacular Member

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here ordered New Frontier Deluxe from BookDepository?

I have it on pre-order at 19 EUR from 6 months ago, and it still hasn't been dispatched. Enquired twice already and they are "working hard on finding a copy for me, but I can cancel the order if I want". Of course, at that price, I don't want to, so it would be great to know that they actually do have copies but are taking me for a ride here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Don't get excited. It responds exactly like a glued book. I have sewn books myself and I understand the process and thst you also glue even with sewing, but if it were a true sewn book there would not be the gutter loss that there is. Unless they glued and bound it so poorly after sewing that they negated the benefits of sewing in the first place. But I suspect it just isn't a sewn through the signatures book. What is the track record with that on books they print and bind in Canada? I haven't found evidence of thread in the gutters anywhere either. Anyway, this isn't to say it is not a quality book. I'm happy with it. Unless they put out a great sewn omnibus in the future or something, then I'll be annoyed I didn't wait just a little bit longer to get this series.

Also, this is not a first for DC deluxes as it is the same as the Invisibles deluxes.
    It definitely looks sewn with all them signatures.

Amazing Member

Judging from the pics... definitely glewn.

Quote Originally Posted by Teecee View Post
    Judging from the pics... definitely glewn.
    Gretchen, stop trying to make glewn happen. It's not going to happen!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Gretchen, stop trying to make glewn happen. It's not going to happen!
    Yeah, it's sued or nothing!
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    Yes. Based on the mapping so far the third omnibus will contain at least GL #53-67, as well as Emerald Warriors #8-10, GLC #58-60 and War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath #1-2 (which are double sized issues). That part of the run is 25 effective issues. For the New 52 era theres GL #0-20, plus GL Annual 1 (double-sized), plus GLC #13-19, GL:NG: #13-19 and RL #13-19. GL #20 is triple sized for 46 effective issues. DC could be smart asses and squeeze it all into a 1600 page book or they could cut chunks out but I think they'll go for two more.
    There are no stories by Johns in the War Aftermath, so those issues are probably out of the third Omnibus. So the rest of the pre-New 52 part should amount to 21 issues (including Emerald Warriors #8-10 and GLC #58-60). And the New 52 part of the collection could be limited to 22 issues (GL #0-20 and Annual 1). If I remember correctly, the Wrath of the First Lantern tie-ins were Volthoon simply messing with the lives of Kyle, John and Guy, so I don't see a reason for including those.

So, all in all, the third omnibus should clock in at around 43 issues. At 21 pages per issue (cover + actual pages) plus some extras pages (like the annual), the book could possibly end up having around 1000 pages.

Now, why do you guys think Blackest Night #8 isn't included in the second Omnibus solicitations?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post

Now, why do you guys think Blackest Night #8 isn't included in the second Omnibus solicitations?
    Printing announcement mistake. That's all. Same thing happened with Absolute Batman and Robin. They announced it and left off issue # 10 for months.

Is there a thread to discuss DC TPB or would this be it as well?
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Printing announcement mistake. That's all. Same thing happened with Absolute Batman and Robin. They announced it and left off issue # 10 for months.
    I think there's two announcement mistakes as I doubt they would leave out final crisis: rage of the red lanterns as well.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
    Is there a thread to discuss DC TPB or would this be it as well?
    This is all there is
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I managed to get Batgirl Vol.2 HC on Ebay for pretty cheap which means I have completed the entire New 52 HC collection and I can finally start reading Gail Simone's run!

Let me know if I have missed any here.

Nice collection!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    This is all there is
    Alrighty then.
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    I managed to get Batgirl Vol.2 HC on Ebay for pretty cheap which means I have completed the entire New 52 HC collection and I can finally start reading Gail Simone's run!

Let me know if I have missed any here.

Is Batwoman Vol 2 a TPB? How in the world is that the only book without the proper logo on it?

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Is Batwoman Vol 2 a TPB? How in the world is that the only book without the proper logo on it?
    Definitely not... its a HC. My TPB's, Deluxe's, Omni's and Absolute's are all separated

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    There are no stories by Johns in the War Aftermath, so those issues are probably out of the third Omnibus. So the rest of the pre-New 52 part should amount to 21 issues (including Emerald Warriors #8-10 and GLC #58-60). And the New 52 part of the collection could be limited to 22 issues (GL #0-20 and Annual 1). If I remember correctly, the Wrath of the First Lantern tie-ins were Volthoon simply messing with the lives of Kyle, John and Guy, so I don't see a reason for including those.

So, all in all, the third omnibus should clock in at around 43 issues. At 21 pages per issue (cover + actual pages) plus some extras pages (like the annual), the book could possibly end up having around 1000 pages.

I think only including a 1/4 of First Lantern is unlikely. The entire event was collected in order in trades, why wouldn't it be so in the omnibus? Omitting those issues would be a huge mistake.
    Miller was right.