View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 263 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1632132532592602612622632642652662672733133637631263 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Absolute Batman years with Batman Year One, Year Two and Year 100
    I wouldn't mind it either, but all Absolutes so far cover a single storyline and/or are from the same author. This is very, VERY unlikely to happen.
    Unfortunately there is nothing else from Miller, which hasn't been absoluted already.
    Last edited by Pertl; 02-23-2015 at 02:19 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    I wouldn't mind it either, but all Absolutes so far cover a single story and/or are from the same author. This is very, VERY unlikely to happen.
    Unfortunately there is nothing else from Miller, which hasn't been absoluted already.
    Yeah I know but like you said, there isn't anything else. The ONLY thing I can think of is World's funnest where interior art from both Miller and Mazzuchelli is featured. Other than that, nothing by Mazzuchelli and/or Miller fits the bill. Guess we'll never see an Absolute of Year One...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a Absolute Batman years with Batman Year One, Year Two and Year 100
    No love for Year Three. I see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Was there a Year Three? I thought it was quite an achievement I knew about year two and 100. What are you going to tell me next? That there is also a Year Zero?!

Wait a sec...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Oh god no. Year 100 is one of the worst batman stories ever.

Just give me an absolute year one with a companion volume like COIE or JLA/Avengers. The companion volume would include the complete script, pencils, Millar's Christmas story, and anything else they can scrap together.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 02-23-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    I wouldn't mind it either, but all Absolutes so far cover a single storyline and/or are from the same author. This is very, VERY unlikely to happen.
    Actually there was a Batman Christmas story that Miller provided the art for. Can't remember if it was just a story or an entire special.

Was there a Year Three? I thought it was quite an achievement I knew about year two and 100. What are you going to tell me next? That there is also a Year Zero?!

Wait a sec...
    Year Three was published in the 80s in the Batman title. If I'm not mistaken it touched on Robin but told in flashbacks by the time he was Nightwing.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Oh god no. Year 100 is one of the worst batman stories ever. Just give me an absolute year one with a companion volume like COIE or JLA/Avengers.
    A pox on thee! Year 100 is incredible! It's due for a deluxe.

Oh god no. Year 100 is one of the worst batman stories ever. Just give me an absolute year one with a companion volume like COIE or JLA/Avengers.
    Disagreed. I'm not a big Pope fan but it's a pretty good story even if you don't like Pope's art.

Just got the first silver age Green Lantern omnibus, and I'm looking forward to reading it. But I had one quick observation: why in the world is the paper so thin? The print on the other side of the pages shows through. It's not bad, but it's there. The second volume doesn't have that problem, thankfully.

Incredible Member

(I'm always a couple of weeks behind...)

My NF deluxe and Supes EO v3 were just delivered. I didn't expect the NF book to be so thick! I can't wait to read it (but I must, since I've got too much of a backlog). As for the paper, it puts me in mind of the Batman: YO hardcover. Like a slightly lesser version of that paper. Just flicking through, I like it. I feel like it fits the vibe of the art style. We'll see, though. The book opens quite nicely, too.

Supes EO3 looks about the same as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Wasn't that published right around "A Lonely Place of Dying"? I've got the issues somewhere. I need to break them out and read them again.

Oh god no. Year 100 is one of the best batman stories ever.
    fixed that typo for you.

Just kidding. I respect your opinion.

But it's wrong

Quote Originally Posted by andersonh1 View Post
    Wasn't that published right around "A Lonely Place of Dying"? I've got the issues somewhere. I need to break them out and read them again.
    Yep, Year Three was kind of a prequel to Lonely Place Of Dying. Good stuff, though I imagine part of the reason it's largely forgotten (and uncollected) is that it was presented in flashback with a present-day story taking place following the death of Jason Todd, versus Year One and Year Two which work as self-contained, stand-alone tales.

Incredible Member

I'm a fan of Snyder's "Court of the Owls", but does anyone have opinions on the "Batman Coo Unwrapped hardcover"? Sort of tired of waiting for this run in deluxe or Absolute form. Should I dip?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    I'm a fan of Snyder's "Court of the Owls", but does anyone have opinions on the "Batman Coo Unwrapped hardcover"? Sort of tired of waiting for this run in deluxe or Absolute form. Should I dip?
    Well don't the unwrapped series feature the artwork sans-colors?

Do you love Capullo's artwork so much that you want to see the nitty gritty of it in black and white? Then go for it.

Otherwise keep waiting for a deluxe.