View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 266 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1662162562622632642652662672682692702763163667661266 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 21674

Ive been dying to get into my Starman Omnibus collection for a year now but I'm still missing Vol.3 HC.... Has anybody seen this reasonably price for this OOP book within the US (around $80-100?)

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Seriously. But what would they pad the rest of the book with? Not that I think they're above charging $99.99 for a 3-issue Absolute...

I enjoyed most of Winick's early run (he's no Grell or Dixon though), and it wasn't until "1 Year Later" and beyond that things went downhill. By the time we got to GA/BC, it was a full-on disaster.
    Yeah, I agree. Winick's final years on GA are all anyone remembers and because it was pretty horrible, everyone forgets that his early stuff wasn't that bad. Smith's run was decent but I really liked Meltzer's arc. Note, I'm talking about the later volume. Obviously Grell and Dixon take the lead!

Seriously. But what would they pad the rest of the book with? Not that I think they're above charging $99.99 for a 3-issue Absolute...

I enjoyed most of Winick's early run (he's no Grell or Dixon though), and it wasn't until "1 Year Later" and beyond that things went downhill. By the time we got to GA/BC, it was a full-on disaster.
    I have no idea what they'd fill it out with. The Shado mini? The Wonder Year(Grell and Marrow!)? who knows. It's most likely never going to happen...sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    Ive been dying to get into my Starman Omnibus collection for a year now but I'm still missing Vol.3 HC.... Has anybody seen this reasonably price for this OOP book within the US (around $80-100?)
    I think an LCS near me might of had that one for cover. Let me check next time I head out there.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I think the Wonder Year is a pretty good addition to an Absolute (same writer and artist) though the story leaves some things to be desired. I would buy an Absolute with only the mini and TONS of extra's if it were to be $50. That would be a sure buy.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    I'm on volume 2 right now. It's so good! It feels like a Vertigo title due to its mature tone and sophistication, but it's still very much a superhero comic.

It shouldn't be too hard to find a copy for $80. In the meantime you could buy the trade paperback (titled "infernal devices") which collects most of what's in volume 3.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 02-26-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sho nuff View Post
    Just a heads up, absolute hush is out of stock on IST, and CGN has raised the price. It is still available on the amazon marketplace for a good price. If its on your wishlist jump on it now!
    It seems like a lot of absolutes have been going OOP lately: new frontier, batman and robin, final crisis (?), and now hush.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 02-26-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    It seems like a lot of absolutes have been going OOP lately: new frontier, batman and robin, final crisis (?), and now hush.
    Also Top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Really nice. Is it good run, would you recommend it guys for somebody who never read it?

I know it's already been done, people've been posting lists of Morrison's run but here it is in video format. Like this guy, check out his other stuff.

When I saw the guy in the clip, I could literally hear Shaquille O'Neal shouting "Javale McGee!!!!"
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    hi guys,
    can anyone tell me if the Byrne run in "fouth world" has been collected (Jack Kirby’s Fourth World #1 to #20, Genesis #1 to 4, Darkseid (Villains) #1, New Gods Secret Files #1) ?

click for full list

thanks!
    anyone?
    thanks!

BANNED

anyone?
    thanks!
    I don't think so. Genesis was so bad that people still cringe when thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    I don't think so. Genesis was so bad that people still cringe when thinking about it.

Really?
    What would you recommend for follow up on Jack Kirby’s original Fourth World characters?
    Seven Soldiers of Victory, JLI and Orion by Walter Simonson Omnibus?

BANNED

Really?
    What would you recommend for follow up on Jack Kirby’s original Fourth World characters?
    Definitely Seven Soldiers & Orion. JLI is okay.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Really?
    JLI hasn't got much to do with the New Gods. It is also one of the best books DC has ever published. Do yourself a favor and pick it up.
    Cyclops was right

Picking up Orion by Simonson in the future...should I read Kirby's Fourth World first?