View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 267 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1672172572632642652662672682692702712773173677671267 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 21672
    BANNED

Oh Yeah!

THE SPIRIT: A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC

Written by WILL EISNER, NEIL GAIMAN, ALAN MOORE and JEPH LOEB

Art by WILL EISNER, DARWYN COOKE and others • Cover by WILL EISNER

On sale JULY • 480 pg, FC, $39.99 US

Will Eisner’s classic crimefighter stars in a new hardcover featuring the best of his stories from 1940 to the modern era! This title includes The Spirit’s team-up with Batman, plus recent stories written by Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore

Bruce

Wasn't dc supposed to release its graphic novel solicits at the end of this month? I've looked all over but haven't found them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    should I read Kirby's Fourth World?
    Yes. Yes you should

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Yes. Yes you should
    Are those are glued binding?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Probably, yeah. Those Proto-omniboo came out before a DC knew how to construct a good book, so you can expect newsprint, glued binding, and standard page size. I could be wrong though.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Probably, yeah. Those Proto-omniboo came out before a DC knew how to construct a good book, so you can expect newsprint, glued binding, and standard page size. I could be wrong though.
    You are not wrong. Still great books though. Maybe one day we'll get a couple 1,000 page oversized omnis. Right now we've got the omnis we need, just not the ones we deserve.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    You are not wrong. Still great books though. Maybe one day we'll get a couple 1,000 page oversized omnis. Right now we've got the omnis we need, just not the ones we deserve.
    Too bad they're out of print and I can't seem to find copies
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

My recent DC haul:

Brightest Day Omnibus and the Flash Omnibus were actually purchased last year from Speedyhen but I only got them a few days ago as my brother was visiting and had picked them up from the UK. The Green Lantern Omnibus was purchased from amazon.com for that very nice price of $59 and the first copy came with a damaged spine and cracked hardcover. They sent me a new pristine copy which arrived 3 days after my complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Brightest Day Omnibus and the Flash Omnibus were actually purchased last year from Speedyhen but I only got them a few days ago as my brother was visiting and had picked them up from the UK. The Green Lantern Omnibus was purchased from amazon.com for that very nice price of $59 and the first copy came with a damaged spine and cracked hardcover. They sent me a new pristine copy which arrived 3 days after my complaint.

Nice books. I go back and forth on whether to pick up the Silver Age Flash and GL omnibus books. I probably will one of these days. I just finished the Johns Green Lantern. He really did a good job making me care about Hal Jordan cause he was always last on my list of Lanterns.

I got my green Lantern omnibus signed by Van sciver this week. image.jpgimage.jpg
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Nice books. I go back and forth on whether to pick up the Silver Age Flash and GL omnibus books. I probably will one of these days. I just finished the Johns Green Lantern. He really did a good job making me care about Hal Jordan cause he was always last on my list of Lanterns.
    Me too. I have a million other things to read first, so keep talking myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Me too. I have a million other things to read first, so keep talking myself out of it.
    I was also a bit up in the air about purchasing it, but Speedyhen had it a great preorder price of around £31 which worked out at 41% of the original GBP price. What did convince me, though, was that it contained DC's Showcase #4, deemed to be the first comic of the silver age and the first appearance of Barry Allen, the marker defined as the start of the silver age.

With regards to the Silver Age GL Omnibuses, there was a time when they were going for pretty cheap but now it would seem the prices are steadily increasing.

The Orion Omnibus can be preordered for 62 €. Is it a good price? What do you think?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    The Orion Omnibus can be preordered for 62 €. Is it a good price? What do you think?
    Not a good price considering it has a $75 rrp.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47