View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 269 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1692192592652662672682692702712722732793193697691269 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,035 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I started reading my Planetary Omnibus last week and I'm having a really hard time getting into it. I've made it to around issue 7. Does the book get more exciting or does the tone stay the same throughout the rest of the series?
    When you finish the series, everything will "click" and make sense. There is no issue that is excessive or unnecessary. Every page, or every word is there for a reason.
    With Watchmen by it's side, I'd say that those two are only perfect superhero series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Talking of the Absolute Green Arrow by Kevin Smith, amazon have now put up a new cover:

Dope graphic design. This is my favourite Green Arrow run, so definitely looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    When I saw the guy in the clip, I could literally hear Shaquille O'Neal shouting "Javale McGee!!!!"
    LOL! Javaaale Mcgeee. Reigning Shaqtin' a Fool champion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Well, the original hardcover edition of superman: for all seasons had a really cool acetate DJ. Of course there's little point in buying it now that the Deluxe edition is out.
    That Superman For All Seasons acetate dust jacket is cool, but it's almost impossible to find one without some degree of cracking/tearing/ripping. But I think that's because the dust jacket is almost like wax paper.

The Death of the Family one seems like a regular clear coated plastic, but even then I've seen some copies with tearing at the folds because of the way they constructed the dust jacket.

'Tiny' recent haul

"This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Your mailman must hate you....
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Your mailman must hate you....
    Pretty sure my mail lady utterly despises me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    That Superman For All Seasons acetate dust jacket is cool, but it's almost impossible to find one without some degree of cracking/tearing/ripping. But I think that's because the dust jacket is almost like wax paper.

The Death of the Family one seems like a regular clear coated plastic, but even then I've seen some copies with tearing at the folds because of the way they constructed the dust jacket.
    Yeah those covers look cool but they're a pain in the butt for collectors. I have the Superman For All Seasons HC and the cover is so brittle. I have two of them. One for reading which has a big rip in it, and another that is mint that I try not to touch. As for DoTF, because of the way the cover is perforated on the fold, mine is already tearing on the bottom. Can't be bothered to spend money on a replacement since I didn't think the story was very good. And the new one will probably tear too.
    Last edited by pud333; 03-03-2015 at 09:19 PM.

Hey all! I'm currently reading Infinite crisis (tpb, because ain nobody got money fo dat omnibus, although I'm a bit missing all the set up with the omacs and stuff) and enjoying it just as much as years ago so probably gonna pick up 52 in some form (or at least I hope I'm gonna do).
    But I was thinking about the Trinity weekly series too because I never read it before and it is written by Busiek and also it's not too expensive. What are the opinions about it?

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Marvel Amazon fishies just hit. How much longer before we get a good idea of what DC is putting out near the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Marvel Amazon fishies just hit. How much longer before we get a good idea of what DC is putting out near the end of the year?
    I was expecting the solicitations Sep 2015 - Feb 2016 already last week, but obviously there is some delay. Should be any day now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    Dope graphic design. This is my favourite Green Arrow run, so definitely looking forward to it!
    I was all in for a $30 deluxe. Changing it to a $100 Absolute at the last moment lost me. Nice cover though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    I was all in for a $30 deluxe. Changing it to a $100 Absolute at the last moment lost me. Nice cover though.
    Same here. Although I'd love to own that book I just don't want to put up the coin - even half off at CGN preorder.

My thoughts exactly. Just snatched up Infinity Gauntlet omnibus before the price shot up, and I'll need to pick up Trial of Cap/JSA vol. 2 before Return of Winter Soldier/JSA vol. 3 drop in May/June.
    Buying a 300~ page absolute for a series I know nothing about is out of the question..

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Same here. Although I'd love to own that book I just don't want to put up the coin - even half off at CGN preorder.
    Thirded.

And now we'll be getting the follow up volume in Meltzer's Deluxe Edition, which I would have bought if the first volume was in the same format...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES