View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 272 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1722222622682692702712722732742752762823223727721272 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 21671
    Incredible Member

Other Vertigo books have had wrap around covers. Like Punk Rock Jesus.

Just finished the Hellblazer vol5: Dangerous habits tpb. This was my first experience with Constantine (donno what took me so long, I was a bit affraid it's gonna be irritating macho bullshit like Criminal Macabre). The Jamie Delano issues were good but a bit depressing and I think it didn't help that it was the end of his run. But it got me interested in the previous volumes.
    Ennis' Dangerous habits on the other hand is....OH MY GOD IT WAS AMAZING!
    The art is meh, it does it's job, but the story itself was just sooooo god, loved every page. It was exactly how I imagined Hellblazer should be.
    My next big purchase will be the Preacher or the Boys trades, I have to read more Ennis (I've read some Punisher and some other stories but very little of Preacher and The Boys, ages ago).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    How is the content, for it's era, of the Superman Golden Age Omnibus?
    That's the book I'm leaning towards next. Supes in those early stories is largely taking on mob crime, right?
    It's pretty amaze-balls. Its very much Superman, Champion of the Oppressed! He does handle gangsters, but also corrupt politicians, dictators, Luthor and the Ultra Humanite. Its Siegal and Shuster at their most primal and raw. Superman was the cream of the Golden Age crop.

The book has really nice binding for a DC Omnibus.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just finished the Hellblazer vol5: Dangerous habits tpb. This was my first experience with Constantine (donno what took me so long, I was a bit affraid it's gonna be irritating macho bullshit like Criminal Macabre). The Jamie Delano issues were good but a bit depressing and I think it didn't help that it was the end of his run. But it got me interested in the previous volumes.
    The art is meh, it does it's job, but the story itself was just sooooo god, loved every page. It was exactly how I imagined Hellblazer should be.
    My next big purchase will be the Preacher or the Boys trades, I have to read more Ennis (I've read some Punisher and some other stories but very little of Preacher and The Boys, ages ago).
    Ennis is awesome. He also wrote some amazing war stories (Battlefields, Fury My War Gone By, War stories etc.). you should really check them out, they're really good.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but if anyone was curious or finds it interesting, the Scalped Deluxe Edition HC vol. 1 is the first Vertigo Deluxe I've seen that features A) A glossy dust jacket and B) a full color, glossy cover on the book. Here are a couple of pictures I took earlier:

It's one big wrap-around cover! Really dig it.
    I'm almost through with this. Great story so far! I'd heard it was good, so it was a blind buy. The pacing is a little irritating - jumping from decades ago, to just hours. Not sure if I would have enjoyed it monthly, but in one deluxe, it's great!.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm almost through with this. Great story so far! I'd heard it was good, so it was a blind buy. The pacing is a little irritating - jumping from decades ago, to just hours. Not sure if I would have enjoyed it monthly, but in one deluxe, it's great!.
    There's not so much time jumping after the first deluxe edition.
    BB

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    It's pretty amaze-balls. Its very much Superman, Champion of the Oppressed! He does handle gangsters, but also corrupt politicians, dictators, Luthor and the Ultra Humanite. Its Siegal and Shuster at their most primal and raw. Superman was the cream of the Golden Age crop.

The book has really nice binding for a DC Omnibus.
    Thanks! A nice binding is a plus!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I haven't got round to Preacher yet but The Boys is amazing. Totally effed up ha ha. They are releasing a TPB omnibus soon I think

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I haven't got round to Preacher yet but The Boys is amazing. Totally effed up ha ha. They are releasing a TPB omnibus soon I think
    I think they should've relesed it months ago but keep pushing it.
    I've spent too much the last week but now I'm so tempted to order some Boys or Preacher

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    I don't think I've seen it mentioned here, but if anyone was curious or finds it interesting, the Scalped Deluxe Edition HC vol. 1 is the first Vertigo Deluxe I've seen that features A) A glossy dust jacket and B) a full color, glossy cover on the book. Here are a couple of pictures I took earlier:

It's one big wrap-around cover! Really dig it.
    Actually, there are quite a few Vertigo OHCs like this: all the Fables books, Midnight Days, etc.

I think they should've relesed it months ago but keep pushing it.
    I've spent too much the last week but now I'm so tempted to order some Boys or Preacher
    I've read pretty much everything Ennis has ever done, starting with his early stuff like Troubled Souls and I think The Boys is probably the best thing he's ever written.

For some reason I'm more interested in Preacher. Kicking religion is more my cup of tea than kicking superheroes (don't judge me please, I don't hate religious people). Sometimes Ennis' superhero hatred can be a bit too much for my taste. That said I'm more interested in The Boys than I ever was after Hellblazer.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've read pretty much everything Ennis has ever done, starting with his early stuff like Troubled Souls and I think The Boys is probably the best thing he's ever written.
    I think it's a tie between Preacher and Battlefields but that's just me
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

Hey guys, would you recommend buying the Teen Titans Omnibus by Geoff Johns ? I haven't read anything from that run and I'm not a big fan of Johns, but I enjoyed his JSA Omnibus Vol 1 (Vol 2 is on the way) and most of his Flash (Wally West) run. His recent stuff does nothing for me though. Based on that, do you think I'd enjoy his Teen Titans run ?

For some reason I'm more interested in Preacher. Kicking religion is more my cup of tea than kicking superheroes (don't judge me please, I don't hate religious people). Sometimes Ennis' superhero hatred can be a bit too much for my taste. That said I'm more interested in The Boys than I ever was after Hellblazer.
    What's funny is Preacher is a superhero story