View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 279 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1792292692752762772782792802812822832893293797791279 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 21671
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

That's got me curious:

What artist do y'all think benefits the most from the Absolute treatment? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking it's either:
    1) George Perez, or
    2) Jim Lee

Thoughts?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I personally think Jim Lee or Gene Ha (Top Ten). Though I really love my Absolute Watchmen because of Gibbons detailled art
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    That's got me curious:

What artist do y'all think benefits the most from the Absolute treatment? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking it's either:
    1) George Perez, or
    2) Jim Lee

Thoughts?
    I have only one, AASS, but Quitely definitely benefits from the bigger size. Others probably would be Perez, Gibbons, Chris Veston, Ivan Reis, Kevin O'neill, J H Williams.
    I hate Lee's stuff so the smaller the better for me
    Last edited by Balakin; 03-14-2015 at 02:42 PM.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

That's got me curious:

1) George Perez, or
    2) Jim Lee

Thoughts?
    I really like seeing Doug Mahnke's work in the Final Crisis absolute. I also think seeing Manapul/Buccelllato's in the absolute format would be awesome.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I have only one, AASS, but Quitely definitely benefits from the bigger size. Others probably would be Perez, Gibbons, Chris Veston, Ivan Reis, Kevin O'neill, J H Williams.
    I hate Lee's stuff so the smaller the better for me
    how could you hate Jim Lee? I mean, his work can be a bit static but it's so detaillled and awesome looking I thought no one could truly hate it.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    What is everyone's preferred format for Kingdom Come? I found a sealed first printing of Absolute Kingdom Come and I can't decide whether to read it, sell it, or put it up for trade. I've never read the story. I've seen some mentionings that the art looks a little grainy/fuzzy on the big pages. I'm wondering if I can save some money and purchase a more recent printing of a Trade/HC that looks better.

Anyone have any recommendations for this?
    I have the slipcased version that came out a while back. It's standard size, but the extras are in a Bible-style separate book with gold trim. It's also signed by Waid and Ross.

Excellent books, one and all. Both Vaughan and Morrison ... probably in my top 5 favorite comic writers of all time.
    I can't recall a bad series that I've ever read by Vaughan. The guy is brilliant.

That's got me curious:

1) George Perez, or
    2) Jim Lee

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I personally think Jim Lee or Gene Ha (Top Ten). Though I really love my Absolute Watchmen because of Gibbons detailled art
    I think the ones who "benefit" the most are the ones who are the most detailed, like Perez and Gene Ha, specially when you have something like Top 10, which is packed full of Easter eggs.

That said, I like the oversized Frank Miller and Jim Lee stuff. Simply gorgeous!
    Last edited by TomSlick; 03-15-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

how could you hate Jim Lee? I mean, his work can be a bit static but it's so detaillled and awesome looking I thought no one could truly hate it.
    I hated his art in Origin. I'm usually a fan, so it really threw me off. It may have just been the awful coloring though. Why do they have a red filter over everything?
    Cyclops was right

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

By the way, I recently read the first trade of Ex Machina. Found it boring and kind of meaningless. Should I keep going, or do you think I won't like the rest?

Edit: To clarify, I'm a HUGE Runaways fan, so I'm definitely not anti Vaughn. And I usually love political stuff. I even found Phantom Menace mildly interesting! Don't know why EM isn't clicking for me.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 03-14-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    By the way, I recently read the first trade of Ex Machina. Found it boring and kind of meaningless. Should I keep going, or do you think I won't like the rest?

Edit: To clarify, I'm a HUGE Runaways fan, so I'm definitely not anti Vaughn. And I usually love political stuff. I even found Phantom Menace mildly interesting! Don't know why EM isn't clicking for me.
    Keep with it. The ending of th series is haunting. I still think about it from time to time.

Keep with it. The ending of th series is haunting. I still think about it from time to time.
    Ditto. It was pretty much the comic that got me into comics.

Hell, I even wrote a paper on Hundred from Ex Machina when I was in my undergrad.

I still like Y a little more though...just solid storytelling on that one.

BANNED

His faces tend to look the same and that look is "I need to poop."

BANNED

I hated his art in Origin. I'm usually a fan, so it really threw me off. It may have just been the awful coloring though. Why do they have a red filter over everything?
    Its like with movies and everything has a blue filter.

Jim Lee was good in Hush and For Tomorrow, but his work has gone downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Ditto. It was pretty much the comic that got me into comics.

Hell, I even wrote a paper on Hundred from Ex Machina when I was in my undergrad.

I still like Y a little more though...just solid storytelling on that one.
    One of the rare - if ever times - I'm going to disagree with ER and Dark Knight.

If you find Em "boring and meaningless" now, then go ahead and drop it. Does it get better? Absolutely, but it's a book is a thought-provoking series rich in politics, mystery and intrigue and if hasn't gripped you by now, then it won't.

Since you cited Runaways, then you should stick with the super hero-action stories. That seems more like your cup of tea. Don't read anything into this. I'm not insulting you. Every reader has a different taste.

Personally, I thought it's Vaughan's best series, even better than Y, although I've read it a bunch of times and read Y only once (That might change with the pending Absolute releases).

Dark Knight, I don't know if the ending is haunting because I think there's a lot of ways to read it, but I do certainly think about it also from time to time, which is one of the reasons I like it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    Its like with movies and everything has a blue filter.

Jim Lee was good in Hush and For Tomorrow, but his work has gone downhill.
    All-Star Batman and Robin came after both of those and I think it's his best work yet. Personally, I thought he was a little sloppy toward the end with For Tomorrow. His latest endeavor with Snyder on Superman was atrocious - at least by his standards.

Hush was really good, too, as you noted.