View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 285 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1852352752812822832842852862872882892953353857851285 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    All the omnibuses! Everything!

My biggest annoyance with DC is the low volume of Deluxe/Omnis/Absolutes they release compared to Marvel. This month Marvel solicited 3 Omni and 6 OHCs, DC by comparison Solicited 1 Omni, 2 OHCs and 1 Absolute.

That's 3 times more books that Marvel are pumping out

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    My biggest annoyance with DC is the low volume of Deluxe/Omnis/Absolutes they release compared to Marvel. This month Marvel solicited 3 Omni and 6 OHCs, DC by comparison Solicited 1 Omni, 2 OHCs and 1 Absolute.

I've said it before and will say it again...even though they're not hardcover, some of the wish list items here (Byrne's Superman, for example) would make great epic-type volumes. I love omnis, and that's the best format next to OHC, but what I like about the epics is that they collect everything. An epic type line of all the post-Crisis majors would be awesome.

I mean, I look at those beautiful thick Spectre trades we got and hoped they would do the same for Nightwing, Teen Titans, etc..and they can't even do that!

I'm actually relieved. It's hard enough keeping up as it is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjsheridan1001 View Post
    I mean, I look at those beautiful thick Spectre trades we got and hoped they would do the same for Nightwing, Teen Titans, etc..and they can't even do that!
    You mean these?

Nightwing Volume 1: Bludhaven 12 Issues came out in December

Nightwing Volume 2: Rough Justice 9 Issues Due in June

Also, New Teen Titans Volume 1 and Volume 2 8 Issues each

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjsheridan1001 View Post
    I've said it before and will say it again...even though they're not hardcover, some of the wish list items here (Byrne's Superman, for example) would make great epic-type volumes. I love omnis, and that's the best format next to OHC, but what I like about the epics is that they collect everything. An epic type line of all the post-Crisis majors would be awesome.

Yes they can and they did. The $20 tpb line of which the Spectre trades are a part also include Hellblazer, Martian Manhunter, Nightwing, New Teen Titans and Deathstroke among others.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I'm actually relieved. It's hard enough keeping up as it is.
    Me too. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the solicited Marvel Omnibuses and OHCs. It helps that DC isn't as zealous, at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Yes and yes!!!

More yes!!!

YES!!!

Yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Lol. Ditto on everything.
    Seriously, my backlog is disgusting.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

You aren't alone, mine is as well.

U can't beat mine...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

True and yet there are still so many volumes of material in demand Marvel could put out and hopefully will. They get credit for nice surprises though like Werewolf by Night!

Preach it brother. Life gets in the way too often but the way some books could/have gone OOP I'd rather get the book, have it and know it's there for later. The alternative of paying huge aftermarket prices doesn't sit well with me and hoping for a reprint is an even longer shot.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    A Byrne Superman omnibus is #1 on my wish list!
    I'll settle for DC actually completing the Man of Steel volumes to Byrne's end....they have just STOPPED collecting the rest of the these. Pathetic.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think just additional pages from the absolute. I have the hardcover as well and I didn't feel anything was missing so if you prefer to have the story in hc but don't want to pay for the absolute I think you had a good deal.
    Nah, I prefer the additional material from the Absolute. It's the way Morrison intended FC to read, his reading order. New pages to FC itself, fixed art and other things. DC Universe 0 was a significant addition to new softcover as well.

Old HC:
    Final Crisis (collects Final Crisis #1–7, Final Crisis Superman Beyond #1–2, and Final Crisis: Submit #1)

New Edition softcover:
    FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, DC UNIVERSE #0, BATMAN #682-683 (and new pages to some of FCrisis 1-7)

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Nah, I prefer the additional material from the Absolute. It's the way Morrison intended FC to read, his reading order. New pages to FC itself, fixed art and other things. DC Universe 0 was a significant addition to new softcover as well.

Old HC:
    Final Crisis (collects Final Crisis #1–7, Final Crisis Superman Beyond #1–2, and Final Crisis: Submit #1)

New Edition softcover:
    FINAL CRISIS #1-7, FINAL CRISIS: SUBMIT #1, FINAL CRISIS: SUPERMAN BEYOND #1-2, DC UNIVERSE #0, BATMAN #682-683 (and new pages to some of FCrisis 1-7)
    goddamit, you gonna make me buy the absolute!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    goddamit, you gonna make me buy the absolute!!!!
    But what's cool is no one has to. If you want the Absolute's main story revised added-to contents (I don't know if the Absolute has any post-story extras that the softcover doesn't), you can just buy the new edition softcover.

What stinks is the new edition softcover, duplicating the Absolute contents (except maybe for extras), is not also in regular-sized hardcover. Unless maybe DC does a Deluxe version, the Absolute is the only hardcover way to get the final version of Final Crisis.

Batman Inc has the same problem now...it's final version is only available in Absolute. I think every prior trade has at least one panel that the Absolute changes in its final version (the New 52 trades are especially changed, but the pre-FP Inc HC also has material that the Absolute changes I think (not 100% sure).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-18-2015 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    But what's cool is no one has to. If you want the Absolute's main story revised added-to contents (I don't know if the Absolute has any post-story extras that the softcover doesn't), you can just buy the new edition softcover.

What stinks is the new edition softcover, duplicating the Absolute contents (except maybe for extras), is not also in regular hardcover. Unless maybe DC does a Deluxe version, the Absolute is the only hardcover way to get the final version of Final Crisis.
    i got the tpb first then I got the regular hc because I didn't want to invest in an absolute (also I already have the Batman issues in the RIP deluxe). Now I won't degrade from hc to new edition tpb. absolute or nothing if I'm gonna buy this story again (and unfortunately to my wallet, this book has a high rereadebility value)