View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 286 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1862362762822832842852862872882892902963363867861286 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    I'm actually relieved. It's hard enough keeping up as it is.
    Same here. If anything Marvel needs to calm down...
    I'm hoping the sales from WW Omnibus and Neal Adams omnibus convinces DC to put out more non-Morrison, non-Johns big books. Love those two writers, but I want some more diversity.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Yes, two words: Flash-Waid
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Same here. If anything Marvel needs to calm down...
    I'm hoping the sales from WW Omnibus and Neal Adams omnibus convinces DC to put out more non-Morrison, non-Johns big books. Love those two writers, but I want some more diversity.
    I hope that horrid Neal Adams Omni doesn't sell well at all, as I wish DC would offer an unedited unrecolored version. Really bothers me to be left with one choice: old back issues vs edited recolored Illustrated/Omnibus.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-19-2015 at 05:46 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^
    Yes, two words: Flash-Waid
    I've never read it because I don't buy tpbs/singles for the most part but would love to read so here's hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I've never read it because I don't buy tpbs/singles for the most part but would love to read so here's hoping!
    It's honestly the definitive Flash. Established most of the mythology still used today

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    My copy of abs. Watchmen doesn't have a ribbon either. It apears to be an oversight in all later printings.

I don't think any copy of hush has a ribbon bookmark, it predates the use of them.
    My Absolute Hush (1st printing) doesn't have one.

My Watchman (also 1st printing) has a red ribbon. So I guess you are right, that they missed on that one. Fits my quality control rambling a few pages ago

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Suriel View Post
    My Absolute Hush (1st printing) doesn't have one.

My Watchman (also 1st printing) has a red ribbon. So I guess you are right, that they missed on that one. Fits my quality control rambling a few pages ago
    It's not really a lack of quality control. At some point someone decided that they could save money by no longer including ribbons in the book, so they stopped including ribbons in the books. Now DC has saved tens of cents on the production costs of these Absolutes!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I hope that horrid Neal Adams Omni doesn't sell well at all, as I wish DC would offer an unedited unrecolored version. Really bothers me to be left with one choice: old back issues vs edited recolored Illustrated/Omnibus.
    Agreed letting Adams destroy classic art is no different than Lucas wrecking Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    i got the tpb first then I got the regular hc because I didn't want to invest in an absolute (also I already have the Batman issues in the RIP deluxe). Now I won't degrade from hc to new edition tpb. absolute or nothing if I'm gonna buy this story again (and unfortunately to my wallet, this book has a high rereadebility value)
    Your conversation with JBatmanFan05 just added the new softcover edition of Final Crisis to my wishlist.
    I read Final Crisis when it came out but exchanged my floppies to get more paperbacks and never bought a collected edition. So this would complete my Batman by Morrison TPB collection (which is the only consistent format the run has been released in).

I'd love to have the whole run in hardcover, but until all Absolutes are solicited (which won't happen, by the looks of it), I'll stick to the softcovers.

Batman Inc has the same problem now...it's final version is only available in Absolute. I think every prior trade has at least one panel that the Absolute changes in its final version (the New 52 trades are especially changed, but the pre-FP Inc HC also has material that the Absolute changes I think (not 100% sure).
    What does the Absolute change from the standard-sized HCs and TPBs? I do know that Burnham was to redraw some of the fill-in pages, but that was no incentive enough to justify the upgrade in my opinion, besides the fact that Morrison's cool farewell essay is not included in the Absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Your conversation with JBatmanFan05 just added the new softcover edition of Final Crisis to my wishlist.
    I read Final Crisis when it came out but exchanged my floppies to get more paperbacks and never bought a collected edition. So this would complete my Batman by Morrison TPB collection (which is the only consistent format the run has been released in).

I'd love to have the whole run in hardcover, but until all Absolutes are solicited (which won't happen, by the looks of it), I'll stick to the softcovers.

What does the Absolute change from the standard-sized HCs and TPBs? I do know that Burnham was to redraw some of the fill-in pages, but that was no incentive enough to justify the upgrade in my opinion, besides the fact that Morrison's cool farewell essay is not included in the Absolute.
    The only difference for Absolute Batman Inc is that all the pages are now from Burnham, some of the pages are so much better because he reworked them. Changing the paneling and angles on a few pages but the content is the same. Similar to Final Crisis they changed up some of the paneling, but they did not add new pages like they did in Final Crisis. We3 also got some pages added when it got put into deluxe format, I am a big fan of it especially Batman Inc changes as Burnham is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it truly is a classic run that stands the test of time. Seriously, if you can get it cheap, do yourself a favor and hold your nose and get the floppies or the tpbs. It is worth it.

In fact, that whole volume (I believe it began publication in 1987) is excellent - even the stuff before Waid is pretty good.

Spectacular Member

+1
    I bought the single HC editions. Found that they lack in so many ways, that I stopped buying these HCs alltogether for the whole series/edition. The focus on one artist as so many downsides, like missing stories or covers, that were painted by another artist. Absolutely wrong presentation.
    If they come up with a consistent presentation focused on complete stories and full reproduction of the comics, in complete order (!), I am in. But these best of centric editions are not for me.

LOL, DC finally puts out a Batman omnibus and people start complaining.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand your arguments, but I for one will be buying the Neal Adams omnibus.
    However, I wish they'd release the O'Neil Adams Green Arrow/Lantern in Absolute instead. And no, that slipcase edition doesn't count.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    LOL, DC finally puts out a Batman omnibus and people start complaining.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand your arguments, but I for one will be buying the Neal Adams omnibus.
    However, I wish they'd release the O'Neil Adams Green Arrow/Lantern in Absolute instead. And no, that slipcase edition doesn't count.
    I agree with everything you've said, The O'Neil omnibus has its problems but i'll be supporting it anyway. I don't have the material in any other format and considering how much we've been wanting a Batman omni it seems silly not to support the one they do actually put out.

GA/GL deserves an Absolute, I have the slipcased version you speak about and its really nice book with pride of place in my collection but its not oversized. Its getting a Gallery edition (DC's version of IDW Artist Edition) sometime late in 2015 and of the 7 Gallery Editions they've announced (Batman by Kelly Jones, Ronin, Dark Knight Returns, Sandman, Superman/Batman by Michael Turner, GA/GL, Killing Joke) 4 of them have Absolute editions out already so who knows what could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I agree with everything you've said, The O'Neil omnibus has its problems but i'll be supporting it anyway. I don't have the material in any other format and considering how much we've been wanting a Batman omni it seems silly not to support the one they do actually put out.

GA/GL deserves an Absolute, I have the slipcased version you speak about and its really nice book with pride of place in my collection but its not oversized. Its getting a Gallery edition (DC's version of IDW Artist Edition) sometime late in 2015 and of the 7 Gallery Editions they've announced (Batman by Kelly Jones, Ronin, Dark Knight Returns, Sandman, Superman/Batman by Michael Turner, GA/GL, Killing Joke) 4 of them have Absolute editions out already so who knows what could happen.
    They've announced Killing Joke Gallery?!? When? I'm gettting that for sure.