View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 287 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1872372772832842852862872882892902912973373877871287 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    They've announced Killing Joke Gallery?!? When? I'm gettting that for sure.
    http://www.graphittidesigns.com/_GalleryEditions/

It was part of their initial announcement but I've not seen any kind of estimated release date for it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I agree with everything you've said, The O'Neil omnibus has its problems but i'll be supporting it anyway. I don't have the material in any other format and considering how much we've been wanting a Batman omni it seems silly not to support the one they do actually put out.

GA/GL deserves an Absolute, I have the slipcased version you speak about and its really nice book with pride of place in my collection but its not oversized.
    I've tried to get that book but always seem to get outbid on Ebay (probably because I'm looking for a bargain).

Do you have the Deadman one? I've got it. Great book and beautiful art. It was a blind buy for me and my experience reading Deadman has been limited to mostly his occasional appearance in a JLA story. The run was a little hokey but certainly worth a read, and - to use your phrase - it's a nice book with pride of place in my collection. I'll certainly reread it again, and the art is beautiful.

All-New Member

Hi guys, does anyone know the status of Dc archive editions? Are they just not releasing as many or is this line gone??

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've tried to get that book but always seem to get outbid on Ebay (probably because I'm looking for a bargain).

Do you have the Deadman one? I've got it. Great book and beautiful art. It was a blind buy for me and my experience reading Deadman has been limited to mostly his occasional appearance in a JLA story. The run was a little hokey but certainly worth a read, and - to use your phrase - it's a nice book with pride of place in my collection. I'll certainly reread it again, and the art is beautiful.
    If I'm being honest with myself I overpaid for the GA/GL book, but I think its the only time I've ever overpaid for a book and I don't really regret it.

Yeah, I have the Deadman one, it's also really nice. In terms of the Pre-Absolute slipcases I'm only missing JLA/Avengers which seems to be impossible to find for anything approaching a reasonable price .

Fantastic Member

Just throwing a third voice out there to say the Deadman slipcase edition is a beautiful book. I have it as well and the design is awesome. The actual book under the dust jacket is a brilliant red embossed with the title. The artwork inside Is reproduced really well. I constantly am looking for the GA/GL one as well.

In terms of the Pre-Absolute slipcases I'm only missing JLA/Avengers which seems to be impossible to find for anything approaching a reasonable price .
    I want to take the opportunity to ask if there are any more Pre-Absolute slipcases other than GL/GA, Deadman, JLA/Avengers and World's greatest superheroes?
    I have those 4 but I was always wondering if I am missing something.

Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by atlb2010 View Post
    Hi guys, does anyone know the status of Dc archive editions? Are they just not releasing as many or is this line gone??
    It seems to be on hold. They haven't released any in a long time.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Omnibus collections seem to have just stomped the archive format. I hope the Man of Tomorrow series continue, or they release an Omnibus series. I prefer the larger pages of the omnibus, and the reprinting of material and crossover is annoying. The archives are expensive, is it supposed to be a better format?
    Last edited by Johnny Thunders!; 03-22-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    I want to take the opportunity to ask if there are any more Pre-Absolute slipcases other than GL/GA, Deadman, JLA/Avengers and World's greatest superheroes?

Much appreciated.
    They are the only 4 I really know of.

I know of a couple of DC slipcase collections but they tend not to be included in with those four.

Theirs a paperback slipcased Lobo set and the limited edition slipcased Crisis on Infinite Earths which has had a Absolute edition (which is another book I cant find for anything approaching an acceptable price) but I don't think anyone else counts those.

If I'm being honest with myself I overpaid for the GA/GL book, but I think its the only time I've ever overpaid for a book and I don't really regret it.

Yeah, I have the Deadman one, it's also really nice. In terms of the Pre-Absolute slipcases I'm only missing JLA/Avengers which seems to be impossible to find for anything approaching a reasonable price .
    I lucked out when I got my JLA/Avengers. It was a Buy-It-Now that went up in the middle of the night when I happened to be looking on Ebay. I think I paid about $75 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post

Much appreciated.
    Those are the only ones that come to mind that I would count.

I'm about to crack into the Future's End Trade. I noticed they are missing all the tie ins and hence they produced all that material in the Omnibus.

Does anybody know whether all the omnibus material make its way to the regular hardcovers/trades? I know Green Arrow Future's End will make its way into Vol.6 but curious to know whether that is the case for all the titles. Batman and Action Comics seems to not be including the Future's End tie ins into Vol.6 (oddly Action Comics Vol.6 will include Secret Origins #1)

They are the only 4 I really know of.

I know of a couple of DC slipcase collections but they tend not to be included in with those four.

Theirs a paperback slipcased Lobo set and the limited edition slipcased Crisis on Infinite Earths which has had a Absolute edition (which is another book I cant find for anything approaching an acceptable price) but I don't think anyone else counts those.
    Woah, didn't know about slipcased Lobo set, would like to buy it, but deluxe HC will be released this year in Poland and that's a must have for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Woah, didn't know about slipcased Lobo set, would like to buy it, but deluxe HC will be released this year in Poland and that's a must have for me.
    I found a link. Lobo slipcase (1991) is an amazing surprise. http://www.amazon.com/Lobo-Slipcase-...&keywords=lobo
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    I found a link. Lobo slipcase (1991) is an amazing surprise. http://www.amazon.com/Lobo-Slipcase-...&keywords=lobo
    I remember buying the slipcase when it came out and I remember being a bit po'd with it (if you have it you know why) always preferred lobo as a secondary character in legion, never understood his brief spell of popularity

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    I bought that LOBO slipcase way back in '91, when I was young and foolish and I found it to be a rip off. The "Wit & Wisdom of Lobo" volume is(approx.) 48 pages of blank paper. I sold the thing a few years back, for about the same price I bought it for. At the prices AMAZON has it listed for it is definitely a rip.