View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 288 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1882382782842852862872882892902912922983383887881288 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 21670
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    I'm about to crack into the Future's End Trade. I noticed they are missing all the tie ins and hence they produced all that material in the Omnibus.

Does anybody know whether all the omnibus material make its way to the regular hardcovers/trades? I know Green Arrow Future's End will make its way into Vol.6 but curious to know whether that is the case for all the titles. Batman and Action Comics seems to not be including the Future's End tie ins into Vol.6 (oddly Action Comics Vol.6 will include Secret Origins #1)
    The Forever People tpb also seems like it skipped theirs'.

But Gail Simmone's last Batgirl trade had a future ends issue in it. Superman/Wonder Woman also seem to have those. I think they'll mostly in the titles that changed their creative team.

I'v read the AC Secret Origins, and I think it'll fit well in AC vol6, since it's a new writer. Giving Pak more space with the story/stories he'll tell.

Honestly, I'm extremely excited by an Adams omnibus. Not only because I've always wanted his complete run collected in one volume, but because of the possibilities, as well. The curse has seemingly been broken for Batman in the OHC format, and I hope this leads to more books for the character. I'd love to see a Batman: The Golden Age omnibus like Superman's (and I'd like to see that line continue, as well), and a Gotham Central omnibus (omnibi?).

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    I'd love to see a Batman: The Golden Age omnibus like Superman's (and I'd like to see that line continue, as well), and a Gotham Central omnibus (omnibi?).
    I am so in for this.

I really hope, DC announces soon their fall/winter catalouge. Really pumped to preorder tons of new fancy Deluxe Editions and Omnis.

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

I'm considering buying one of The World of Flashpoint TPBs, but I was wondering, which ones you would recommend? I've heard a lot of good things about the Batman trade, but which one contains the best stories, out of:
    Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring The Flash (Grodd Of War #1, Kid Flash Lost #1-3, Legion Of Doom #1-3, Reverse Flash #1 And Citizen Cold #1-3)
    Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Wonder Woman (collects Emperor Aquaman #1-3, Outsider #1-3, Lois Lane And The Resistance #1-3 And Wonder Woman And The Furies #1-3)
    Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Superman (collects World Of Flashpoint #1-3, Booster Gold #44-47, The Canterbury Cricket #1 And Project Superman#1-3)
    Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Batman (collects Batman: Knight Of Vengeance #1-3, Deadman And The Flying Graysons #1-3, Deathstroke And The Curse Of The Ravager #1-3, Secret Seven #1-3)
    Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Green Lantern (collects Hal Jordan #1-3, Abin Sur - The Green Lantern #1-3, Frankenstein And The Creatures Of The Unknown #1-3, and Green Arrow Industries #1)
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

I've got the Batman trade, it's worth it just for the Batman story. Absolutely superb take on the batman mythos.

Flashpoint: Batman is worth it for the Batman and Secret Seven (Milligan writing Shade again) stories alone.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Honestly, none of them are great. And none of them were of any consequence. But I found these two to be mildly entertaining...

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Roman View Post
    Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Wonder Woman (collects Emperor Aquaman #1-3, Outsider #1-3, Lois Lane And The Resistance #1-3 And Wonder Woman And The Furies #1-3)
    Flashpoint: The World of Flashpoint Featuring Superman (collects World Of Flashpoint #1-3, Booster Gold #44-47, The Canterbury Cricket #1 And Project Superman#1-3)
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    LOL, DC finally puts out a Batman omnibus and people start complaining.
    Don't get me wrong, I understand your arguments, but I for one will be buying the Neal Adams omnibus.
    However, I wish they'd release the O'Neil Adams Green Arrow/Lantern in Absolute instead. And no, that slipcase edition doesn't count.
    deleted: wrong quote
    Last edited by Suriel; 03-23-2015 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    They are the only 4 I really know of.

I know of a couple of DC slipcase collections but they tend not to be included in with those four.

Theirs a paperback slipcased Lobo set and the limited edition slipcased Crisis on Infinite Earths which has had a Absolute edition (which is another book I cant find for anything approaching an acceptable price) but I don't think anyone else counts those.
    Those are the only ones that come to mind that I would count.
    Thank you, guys. Unfortunately, as a completist, this means I have to get the CoIE edition.

Spectacular Member

I agree with everything you've said, The O'Neil omnibus has its problems but i'll be supporting it anyway. ...
    It itches me to use that word "supporting", as this is something like charity. It's not! It's a hundred bucks on something I find not worth of owning, because of the wrong concept. I wont support a wrong concept. If they want my money, they probably should know now, how to get it. But this "support the book or else we won't get anything" mentality is beyond me.

Incredible Member

Recent deliveries

What other Superman deluxes are there other Unchained (which I have) and Red Son (can't find a copy of)?

Recent deliveries

What other Superman deluxes are there other Unchained (which I have) and Red Son (can't find a copy of)?
    The only two left are "Superman vs. Muhammad Ali" and "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow"

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

There's also Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Which is oversized.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    Thank you, guys. Unfortunately, as a completist, this means I have to get the CoIE edition.
    Why? I would imagine that the Absolute version is much better.

Why? I would imagine that the Absolute version is much better.
    True, but since I have (hopefully) every other slipcased or oversized hardcover book from DC, I want to have this one also. This may seem stupid (and actually it is) but I own several books in two different editions for this reason. That is why I am getting annoyed every time when they make a deluxe edition of a book which already has an omnibus or absolute and vice versa.