View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 291 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1912412812872882892902912922932942953013413917911291 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,365 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    BTW, don't know if it has been post here, but Sandman Overture is getting a Deluxe this year.

http://www.vertigocomics.com/blog/20...ion’-and-‘free
    I hope they eventually release an absolute.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I was also excited to finally see the Children's Crusade book, but if that's the final cover, it would appear we aren't getting the full story. I could have sworn it was previously solicited as containing all of the related Vertigo annuals, but I don't see Pollack or Collins listed, which would imply no Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing annuals. Hmmm...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    DC also release 6-8 collections of Legacy pre-52 material each month, that's pretty respectable. Just because DC aren't pumping out the exact material you want in the format you want doesn't mean DC are failing as a company or doing a terrible job.
    I would agree with this. DC might be playing catch-up compared to Marvel, especially with Omnibuses, but they're doing pretty good these days. I think it's important to keep caught up on the current stuff as well as reprinting older material.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

DC producing fewer Omnibuses is allowing me to catch up on the ones I want in between Marvel releases.
    I'm still a little late on getting a few that are OOP but overall my catch-up strategy is on track.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member

Just a heads up that it looks like the first 2 Geoff Johns Flash omnis might be going OOP. At CGN, a month ago all 3 were 45% off, priced at $41.25. Last week I went to finally order all 3 and the first one was only 33% off. I order 2 and 3 and found the first one on ebay (still sealed) for about 40% off with free shipping. I kept meaning to post that here, but never got around to it. So, I just checked CGN again, and Vol 1 is still at 33% and Vol 2 is out of stock. IST is only showing Vol 3 in the search.

So if you're like me and were waiting on these because they were always around, you might want to get on them.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I was also excited to finally see the Children's Crusade book, but if that's the final cover, it would appear we aren't getting the full story. I could have sworn it was previously solicited as containing all of the related Vertigo annuals, but I don't see Pollack or Collins listed, which would imply no Doom Patrol or Swamp Thing annuals. Hmmm...
    For those interested -

Looks like this book isn't going to include *any* of the annual tie-ins! Instead we're getting the 2 bookend issues, and 64 new pages by Toby Litt (whose Deadboy Detectives was a bust).

This was pretty much the only shot those annuals ever had at seeing reprint, so this news kinda sucks...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

For those interested -

Looks like this book isn't going to include *any* of the annual tie-ins! Instead we're getting the 2 bookend issues, and 64 new pages by Toby Litt (whose Deadboy Detectives was a bust).

This was pretty much the only shot those annuals ever had at seeing reprint, so this news kinda sucks...
    The thing about those annuals is that they're really only tangentially related to the main stories, explaining how the characters got to Free Country, so they're not really necessary. The dOOM pATROL one, for example, basically has nothing to do with the Children's Crusade at all except at the very end. Black Orchid and Animal Man are a little more closely related, but most of the Maxine stuff is covered in Delano's section of CC 2 and I'd say about a quarter of the BO annual involves the set-up for CC. I don't remember much of the Swamp Thing Annual at all, and I've actually never read Arcana, although I know it's been reprinted in the Books of Faerie tpb.

I would have liked to see the annuals reprinted-- the Black Orchid one was actually really good-- but I can see why Vertigo made this move. I think Litt's DBD is okay, but Peter Gross art is always worth it.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 03-26-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    The thing about those annuals is that they're really only tangentially related to the main stories, explaining how the characters got to Free Country, so they're not really necessary. The dOOM pATROL one, for example, basically has nothing to do with the Children's Crusade at all except at the very end. Black Orchid and Animal Man are a little more closely related, but most of the Maxine stuff is covered in Delano's section of CC 2 and I'd say about a quarter of the BO annual involves the set-up for CC. I don't remember much of the Swamp Thing Annual at all, and I've actually never read Arcana, although I know it's been reprinted in the Books of Faerie tpb.

I would have liked to see the annuals reprinted-- the Black Orchid one was actually really good-- but I can see why Vertigo made this move. I think Litt's DBD is okay, but Peter Gross art is always worth it.
    Fair enough. It's literally been 15 yrs since I read the thing so my memory is probably failing me.

However the Arcana annual was basically all about Tim Hunter, so if anything was excluded, I'm surprised it would be that.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Fair enough. It's literally been 15 yrs since I read the thing so my memory is probably failing me.

However the Arcana annual was basically all about Tim Hunter, so if anything was excluded, I'm surprised it would be that.
    Another route they could have gone is put the pertinent parts of those dOOM pATROL, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Black Orchid stories into the book. I'd rather see the annuals, but that would at least show how they ended up in Free Country.

Also, it's not that my memory is so great, but that I pulled CC 1-2 and the Annuals out of a quarter bin a few months ago. They're still fresh in my head.

Tomasi's Batman and Robin ended on a very high note. It's definitely been the best New 52 Batman run and basically the only Batman story I haven't read in 24 years, Bruce being a dad. It had its ups and lows, but stories like Born to Kill, Robin Rises and the silent issue are the best Batman stories since Morrison left.

Here's hoping it becomes an Omnibus in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Another route they could have gone is put the pertinent parts of those dOOM pATROL, Swamp Thing, Animal Man, and Black Orchid stories into the book. I'd rather see the annuals, but that would at least show how they ended up in Free Country.

Also, it's not that my memory is so great, but that I pulled CC 1-2 and the Annuals out of a quarter bin a few months ago. They're still fresh in my head.
    I usually hate it when they pull only certain pages from issues for a collection (the Bat and Super trades of the early '00s were the worst offenders!), but I think in this case that would have been a good idea.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Lots of cool new solicitations:

http://collectededitions.blogspot.co...tiversity.html

What to do... Dark Knight Returns Noir or Deluxe Edition???

Oh man! Just bought Batman year 100 tpb but if I'm gonna like it I might upgrade.
    Other than that: Lemire GA, TDKR, Crisis in Infinite earth, Sandman overture, Sweet tooth, Multiversity, Kid Eternity deluxes!!!!! And also finally WW Earth one!
    Exciting news.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Some good solicits of classic/pre-FP material, I gotta give DC some credit there.

Road to NML goes to prove DC is pretty serious about collecting all of NML.

The Two-Face collection is another great idea. Any "best of" collections for bat-rogues is something I notice immediately. Hoping it collects yet uncollected stories, like Riddler's is doing.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 03-27-2015 at 11:13 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Lots of cool new solicitations:

http://collectededitions.blogspot.co...tiversity.html

What to do... Dark Knight Returns Noir or Deluxe Edition???

Oh Jesus, this looks amazing Deluxe GA by Lemire, Absolute GA/GL anobvious trend towards putting older absolutes into Deluxe format (CoIE and DKR). Can't wait to sit down and process this properly