View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 294 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1942442842902912922932942952962972983043443947941294 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 21670
    Incredible Member

supposedly, the Noir eBatman the long Halloween has sewn binding. that would be a good reason to choose the new noir is edition of Dark Knight Returns over the deluxe edition.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Wow, with DC finally putting out some more deluxe editions my relatively small DC collection is going to double. I'll finally pick up DKR and COIE. I'll probably end up with another 3 or 4 of the other deluxe books as well.

I think this is the complete list of deluxe editions:

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Edition
    Batman: Year 100 Deluxe Edition
    Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity Deluxe Edition
    Crisis on Infinite Earths Deluxe Edition
    DMZ The Deluxe Edition Book Five
    Fables: The Deluxe Edition Book Eleven
    Green Arrow by Jeff Lemire Deluxe Edition (The New 52)
    Kid Eternity Deluxe Edition
    Multiversity Deluxe Edition
    Sandman: Overture Deluxe Edition
    Scalped Deluxe Edition Book Three
    Scalped Deluxe Edition Book Two
    Swamp Thing by Scott Snyder Deluxe Edition
    Sweet Tooth Deluxe Edition Book One
    YAY DC! Ima get most of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    What a surprise a bunch of 90's Batman books. But not one classic Superman collection. Screw you DC.
    BOO DC!

Seriously, Superman needs more love. He only has a handful of deluxes.

Incredible Member

The more I think about it, of all those deluxes, I am most excited about Year 100 and Multiversity. I can't get enough of Pope and Morrison.

Also, if Lemire's Green Arrow is in deluxe now, what are the chances of his Animal Man run being collected in the same format?

With the Dark Knight Returns Deluxe coming, I wish they'd also reprint the Year One Deluxe actually using David Mazzucchelli's remastered colors this time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    With the Dark Knight Returns Deluxe coming, I wish they'd also reprint the Year One Deluxe actually using David Mazzucchelli's remastered colors this time.
    Yes. Even though I bought that crappy deluxe, I'd buy a new versions too. Also, it would be nice if it was done on non-glossy paper.

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Did vol 1 come out yet? I have the Deluxe Editions, but wondered how the Absolutes would turn out?
    Not yet. I believe it's coming in a couple months, right after Transmet Vol. 1

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    The more I think about it, of all those deluxes, I am most excited about Year 100 and Multiversity. I can't get enough of Pope and Morrison.

Also, if Lemire's Green Arrow is in deluxe now, what are the chances of his Animal Man run being collected in the same format?
    I think the GA will need only 1 volume, correct? I'd like to see the entire Animal Man run collected in an omnibus with the Swamp Thing crossovers. Of course, since DC is collecting Snyder's Swamp Thing in OHC, maybe we will get AM in deluxe, too.
    One day.

So DC will release Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing in OSHC but not Alan Moore's? Wtf...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    So DC will release Scott Snyder's Swamp Thing in OSHC but not Alan Moore's? Wtf...
    I have no idea what the Saga of the Swamp Thing hardcover sales numbers were... but if they weren't good for whatever reason, DC doesn't have the incentive to re-release it in a deluxe format no matter how much people claim to love it. Some kind of TPB re-release is likely a given at some point though.

Scott Snyder is DC's new hot posterboy writer who had a successful run on the title that didn't get standard HC releases, just TPBs. TPBs that must have sold well enough to warrant near immediate re-collection, much like Lemire's Green Arrow.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I have no idea what the Saga of the Swamp Thing hardcover sales numbers were... but if they weren't good for whatever reason, DC doesn't have the incentive to re-release it in a deluxe format no matter how much people claim to love it. Some kind of TPB re-release is likely a given at some point though.

Scott Snyder is DC's new hot posterboy writer who had a successful run on the title that didn't get standard HC releases, just TPBs. TPBs that must have sold well enough to warrant near immediate re-collection, much like Lemire's Green Arrow.
    The Moore Swamp Thing collections were in standard hardcover and must have sold well enough because they got through them all. It does deserve the oversized treatment over flash in the pan Snyder Swamp Thing and Lemire Green Arrow.

DC's classic reprints are so poor in this batch. Just repackaging the same Batman stories over and over in slightly different forms for the rubes doesn't cut it.

For me:
    Crisis on Infinite Earths: The Deluxe Edition
    Green Arrow Vol 4: Blood of the Dragon
    Sandman: Overture

All-New, All-Different Mighty Roman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Some good solicits of classic/pre-FP material, I gotta give DC some credit there.

Road to NML goes to prove DC is pretty serious about collecting all of NML.

The Two-Face collection is another great idea. Any "best of" collections for bat-rogues is something I notice immediately. Hoping it collects yet uncollected stories, like Riddler's is doing.
    DC have solicited Arkham, collections for The Riddler, Two-Face, and Harley Quinn. Is a new Arkham book going to be released every month until Arkham Knight's release? If so, which villains will we see getting their own books next?
    Also, out of the new solicits, I'm interested in Teen Titans: Earth One, Wonder Woman: Earth One, Arkham: Riddler, and Earth 2: Vol 5 & 6 (which I think are the last in the current series).
    Currently Reading in Single Issues/Trades:
    Marvel:Hulk (NOW), Ant-Man (NOW), Avengers: Time Runs Out,
    DC:Earth 2, Superman: Earth One, The Flash,
    Titan: Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who: Four Doctors,
    Upcoming:
    Secret Wars: Planet Hulk, The Last Days of Ant-Man, House of M,
    Marvel:Totally Awesome Hulk, Astonishing Ant-Man, Carnage,
    DC:Earth 2: Society,
    Titan:Doctor Who: The Tenth Doctor Year 2, Doctor Who: The Eighth Doctor,
    Co-Editor of CBR's Age of Marvel Amazing Line

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    My wallets gonna cry. Dunno yet tho, shoud I get the deluxes of Sandman: Overture and Multiversity, or wait for the eventual absolutes.

This is what surprises me too: No Invisibles Deluxe 5, no Absolutes Volume 2 for Transmet and Y and no new Omnibuses at all? I can hardly believe that this is the complete list.
    I would also have hoped for some more books Celebration of 75 years...: Catwoman, Hawkman, Lex Luthor,...
    Some nice surprises for deluxes though: Year 100, Trinity,...

Boy Commandos by Kirby/Simon Volume 1?! There is already a Volume 1 (in the old regular sized "Omnibus" line), but they have never bothered to publish the second book, and now they are doing Volume 1 again? Oh my...
    Last edited by Pertl; 03-28-2015 at 05:35 AM.

Pat Mills and Kevin O'Neill's MetalzoIc is in the list , but not their second volume of Marshal Law

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    supposedly, the Noir eBatman the long Halloween has sewn binding. that would be a good reason to choose the new noir is edition of Dark Knight Returns over the deluxe edition.
    Dark Knight Returns is solicitated to have 512 pages! I can hardly believe it, but if it is true, this would mean tons of extras.

Also, they have solicitated Batman Noir: Hush as regular format. This drives me crazy, we will finally have "noir" books in regular size (Hush), deluxe size (Eduardo Risso Batman) and an third different format (The Long Halloween, TDKR?).
    Last edited by Pertl; 03-28-2015 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    Dark Knight Returns is solicitated to have 512 pages! I can hardly believe it, but if it is true, this would mean tons of extras.

although not everyone's cup of tea, it would of been nice if it collected The Dark Knight Strikes Again in the same book