View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 296 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1962462862922932942952962972982993003063463967961296 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Batsy gets all the love. At his 75th anniversary Supes got some statues and other regular stuff but when Batman turned 75 he got SEVENTY FREAKIN FIVE different action figures (and a lot of other shits).
    No they didn't they release a FOUR pack of action figures and posted a checklist of 75 different action figures through the years.

Superman for his 75th Anniversary got, 2 Omnibus (Golden Age and DARoS), a brand new line of statues, a limited series by two of DCs biggest talents and this small thing also happened during the anniversary year. I think Superman did ok for his Birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    It's beyond me, why anybody buys action figures at all, but still Batsy is WAY cooler than the big blue boy scout. All the good Superman comics are actually those which take a "different approach" to him.
    At least there are some deluxes for Superman, we don't have a single deluxe for Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Martian Manhunter, Aquaman or any other character other than Batman and Superman (not counting the team-books and Shazam and Deathblow being the exceptions that prove the rule). At least we are getting Green Arrow now thanks to the TV series.
    Each to his own, IMHO Batman is overrated and usually an asshole but he has his moments (irronically reading Batman ATM and enjoying it...although it's an alternate take )

I don't have a problem with action figures, it's a nice little thing that reminds you of a thing you like. Just like a photo of your holiday, or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    No they didn't they release a FOUR pack of action figures and posted a checklist of 75 different action figures through the years.

Superman for his 75th Anniversary got, 2 Omnibus (Golden Age and DARoS), a brand new line of statues, a limited series by two of DCs biggest talents and this small thing also happened during the anniversary year. I think Superman did ok for his Birthday.
    I wouldn't call that a celebration ...
    sorry I'm a bit negative here, but you are right, he got some nice stuff but I'm pretty sure Batman got more. I don't have a list I just follow the characters' fb pages and it seemed like Batman got the more attention.

Mighty Member

Dark Knight Returns is solicitated to have 512 pages! I can hardly believe it, but if it is true, this would mean tons of extras
    It'll probably be the absolute edition then, which is 512 pages long and came with The Dark Knight Strikes Again.

Btw. Luthor that's mentioned in those solicits. I can't find any on page count and such. It a deluxe ver. ? How many pages? I wouldn't mind it and Joker in the same book, getting the deluxe treatment (absolute being a bit to big for my taste.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    The Moore Swamp Thing collections were in standard hardcover and must have sold well enough because they got through them all. It does deserve the oversized treatment over flash in the pan Snyder Swamp Thing and Lemire Green Arrow.

I'd like the Moore ST in Absolute personally. That said, Lemire is no flash in the pan.

This is what surprises me too: No Invisibles Deluxe 5,
    Boy Commandos by Kirby/Simon Volume 1?! There is already a Volume 1 (in the old regular sized "Omnibus" line), but they have never bothered to publish the second book, and now they are doing Volume 1 again? Oh my...
    There isn't going to be a Vol. 5. Everything will be collected in Volume 4 for some reason, so it's going to be a pretty big book. Personally, I think it would have been better to go the extra one, but whatever.

Each to his own, IMHO Batman is overrated and usually an asshole but he has his moments (irronically reading Batman ATM and enjoying it...although it's an alternate take )

I don't have a problem with action figures, it's a nice little thing that reminds you of a thing you like. Just like a photo of your holiday, or something like that.
    Exactly, each to his own, but stating the obvious: Batman sells way better than Superman or any other character, In February Superman sold 41,48% of Batman with Detective Comics and Batman and Robin also having higher sales than Superman, and Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern following close behind.

Incredible Member

You are correct, Edelweiss gives this information: Collected here are both parts of Miller’s DARK KNIGHT saga, including DARK KNIGHT RETURNS #1-4, DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN #1-3, with additional character sketch and script pages.
    It sounds like they're just taking the Absolute Edition and reducing it to a Deluxe Hardcover, which is bad news for those who were hoping for a reprint of the Absolute Edition any time soon.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Bleh, I don't want to pay for DKSA. Guess i'll get the trade...
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Batsy gets all the love. At his 75th anniversary Supes got some statues and other regular stuff but when Batman turned 75 he got SEVENTY FREAKIN FIVE different action figures (and a lot of other shits).
    Really? That's messed up. But I guess I understand it since Batman is probably more popular. Still sucks we can't get a few more deluxes for Supes.

Super excited for the Sweet tooth deluxe

Probably missed out on my chance to get a COIE Absolute, any chance the Deluxe includes all the extras of the Absolute version?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Probably missed out on my chance to get a COIE Absolute, any chance the Deluxe includes all the extras of the Absolute version?
    From the catalog description:

This Deluxe edition will feature as yet to be determined supplemental material.
    It's listed as 400 pages, 32 pages more than the standard paperback. It's my guess, though, that 400 is an approximate page count until those extras are determined. (The Absolute had a 368pg main book and a 96pg volume of extras, so there's no reason this can't be 464 pages.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    The recent New Frontier Deluxe was the Absolute reprinted, so you might be in luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kandor Rising View Post
    The recent New Frontier Deluxe was the Absolute reprinted, so you might be in luck.
    Actually it had a New Frontier story that didn't appear in the Absolute addition from what I understand, so it has more.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Question: I just bought the two part Sinestro Corps War HCs and the Tales of the Sinestro Corps HC of ebay in a bundle. Does this cover everything in the big paperback version? Or am I missing something? And is there anything else in the Absolute?
    Cyclops was right