View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 1443 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    I think this is one of the best looking monthly books out now.
    When Jae Lee is on it. It felt like a completely different book on the second arc.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

For the ones rhat have it, can someone post some pics of Absolute Joker and luthor?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    For the ones rhat have it, can someone post some pics of Absolute Joker and luthor?
    There are some on the previous two pages

Quote Originally Posted by pch3727 View Post
    There are some on the previous two pages
    I would like some interior pics, binding, both covers etc. I know it's a little bit work but I would really appreciate it
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Spectacular Member

I really wish DC would come out with something similar to Marvel's epics, when I look at my DC collection it's so puny compared to my Marvel books and it makes me sad . I'm glad the DC Omnibus range is picking up steam but given the poor bindings and often bizarre choices of what to Omnibus I have a preference for cheaper trades.

Vertigo seems to be handled a lot better in collected editions than DC main, everything good seems to be in multiple formats, so I have things like Y, 100 Bullets in deluxe & Preacher in the smaller hardcovers. I can pick and chose what format to buy in which is great for a fussy collector. I've also recently started buying the Hellblazer trades, I can pick these up pretty cheap and some volumes have a pretty good amount of issues in so I can see myself collecting the whole run, I'd love to see Green Lantern or Supes etc be collected similarly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B. Quick View Post
    Warren Ellis @warrenellis

FAQ: just been told by someone at DC that TRANSMETROPOLITAN will be republished in five hardback volumes sometime in the near future.

F**k Yeah!... Even though I've never read it, I've constantly heard good things from all of you!

Also, hopefully someone can do an Image Comics collected editions thread as well!
    Last edited by TheTemp; 05-01-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    F**k Yeah!... Even though I've never read it, I've constantly heard good things from all of you!

Also, hopefully someone can do an Image Comics collected editions thread as well!
    I have to say that lately I think Image is putting out my favorite collected editions, I go nuts for those Deluxe OHCs w/ 12 issues in them. Chew, Invincible, and TWD are my go-tos.

I wish DC would do collections like that, but I don't know what books (currently being published) would warrant that treatment. Snyder/Capullo's Batman, Morrison's Action and John's Aquaman/Justice League come to mind... Any thoughts?
    Last edited by wrkngclasshero; 05-01-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by wrkngclasshero View Post
    I have to say that lately I think Image is putting out my favorite collected editions, I go nuts for those Deluxe OHCs w/ 12 issues in them. Chew, Invincible, and TWD are my go-tos.

I wish DC would do collections like that, but I don't know what books (currently being published) would warrant that treatment. Snyder/Capullo's Batman, Morrison's Action and John's Aquaman/Justice League come to mind... Any thoughts?
    I would like a Court of owls OHC collecting both court and city of owls. I would kill to have one like that with the size of the Sixth gun deluxe

Watching The Wheels wrkngclasshero's Avatar

I guess my biggest gripe w/ DC collections is the inconsistency of collected monthly titles. DC is reasonably good at collecting story arc or crossovers, but the monthly books (unless you like standard size HC or SC) aren't collected too well.

I cited Image earlier, but i suspect when you have a consistent creative team for 100+ issues it's easier to standardize the manner in which you collect a monthly book. That being said I would love DC to do two soft cover trades (six issues per trade) each year (per title) and for those titles selling well enough also release a OHC collecting the two trades (and please make the spines match!!!). Pipe dream I know but hey, if CBR can change, anybody can right??

Not wanting to sound completely negative... DC's Absolute line is Absolutely Fantastic (see what I did there) and I really enjoy a lot of their omnibuses too.
    "A working class hero is something to be..." - J. Lennon

I would like some interior pics, binding, both covers etc. I know it's a little bit work but I would really appreciate it
    Here's some more pics, hope this is what you were looking for. You can see some of the sewn binding in pic three (middle of the book).

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

One of Luthor as well.

4.jpg
    5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
    So is this a hardcover thread, or just a generic one that means "absolutely everything DC prints that isn't a floppy". If the latter, please no. With that silly logic the entire forum could consist of exactly two posts. One for floppies, and one for generic "collected editions"
    Yes, you're correct. On the DC thread it might not be that big of a problem as I think the discussion for the most part will focus on the omnis, Absolutes and OHCs, but at that Marvel thread folks have already consumed pages of discussion talking about the "Epic" tpbs. That's fine, it's just not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack B. Quick View Post
    Warren Ellis @warrenellis

FAQ: just been told by someone at DC that TRANSMETROPOLITAN will be republished in five hardback volumes sometime in the near future.

YES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wasp14 View Post
    Here's some more pics, hope this is what you were looking for. You can see some of the sewn binding in pic three (middle of the book).

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    Thanks. !

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post

There is the General Omnibus thread for Image, IDW, Dark Horse etc . It's here:

http://community.comicbookresources....cussion-vol-II

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    I really wish DC would come out with something similar to Marvel's epics, when I look at my DC collection it's so puny compared to my Marvel books and it makes me sad . I'm glad the DC Omnibus range is picking up steam but given the poor bindings and often bizarre choices of what to Omnibus I have a preference for cheaper trades.
    They are doing something like that. It's not branded or anything. I'm talking about the new expanded versions of the Batman collections like "Knightfall", "No man's land", "Murderer?", "Fugitive?". The Lucifer series is collected the same way now.