View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 301 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2012512912972982993003013023033043053113514018011301 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 21674
    Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Same here. The omnibus is gonna make that sucker obsolete!
    I'll settle for cheaper. I don't prefer Absolutes, only one I own is Batman Inc due to impatience (because DC will probably re-release its contents in a smaller sized volume like a Deluxe or Omnibus eventually, and then I'll give away my Absolute perhaps (maybe not I admit)).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

So is anyone going to order that Orion omnibus? I'm kinda hoping it will tank and the price will drop fast in the coming months lol.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thinking about it despite what news was dropped about it last week.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

never read anything by Simonson and I'm not the biggest fan of his artwork (I don't hate it or anything, it's perfectly fine, I'm just not the biggest fan) but I'm interested in the subject and the character, so maybe. It's on my wishlist. I don't hope it's gonna tank for the simple reason that the more successful omnibuses we have the more we will get.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    The Will Elder, Jack Davis, and Wally Wood Mad collections are must buy for me. I am reluctant to buy Multiversity and Overture in Deluxe because an Absolute seems inevitable. Of course I'm still waiting for Grants Action and Seven Soldiers in omnibus or absolute. How about the Johns Flash Omnibus volume 1. Volume 2 is good but essential? I don't know, any thoughts!
    Flash omni v2 by Johns contains, in my opinion, the best of the Johns Flash run.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    So is anyone going to order that Orion omnibus? I'm kinda hoping it will tank and the price will drop fast in the coming months lol.
    I'm getting it. I've never read it, but I adore his Thor run and I'm reading through my Kirby Fourth World omnis now and really enjoying them. No brainer for me.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

While I'm upset that they are putting the backups in a separate section, which deprives them of their context, I hope it does great. I'm a huge Simonson fan, and I never though these stories would be collected. If the Omnibus does well, they will probably reprint the stories in a less expensive format.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

It'll be like 37 bucks off IST. There no way its going to get any cheaper.
    Cyclops was right

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    While I'm upset that they are putting the backups in a separate section, which deprives them of their context, I hope it does great. I'm a huge Simonson fan, and I never though these stories would be collected. If the Omnibus does well, they will probably reprint the stories in a less expensive format.
    Yeah, they do that with most collected editions. I hate that. It's actually one of the reasons I don't buy too many collected editions (I would hate having to bounce around the "superman and the man of steel" collection).
    What I'm buying: Justice League, Batman, Amazing Spider-Man and a bunch of back issues.

What I'm reading: Ultimate Spider-Man (2000)

Don't tell Willie

"Y'all." - Kevin Malone

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superiorcrisis View Post
    Yeah, they do that with most collected editions. I hate that. It's actually one of the reasons I don't buy too many collected editions (I would hate having to bounce around the "superman and the man of steel" collection).
    It's especially bad in this one because the backups directly inform the main story. The worst one is that Art Adams' backup with Scott Free and Sirius the War Hound is so crucially important for the lead story, giving the issue an emotional closure that it wouldn't overwise have. Without it, you're left with a good story, but not as powerful as the full story is.

Yes
    (10 char)

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Flash omni v2 by Johns contains, in my opinion, the best of the Johns Flash run.
    Thanks, I got Volume 2, what about volume 1? I ordered the Orion Omnibus, I have the old trade and I am anxious to finish the run. His Thor stuff at the time was full throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    never read anything by Simonson and I'm not the biggest fan of his artwork (I don't hate it or anything, it's perfectly fine, I'm just not the biggest fan) but I'm interested in the subject and the character, so maybe. It's on my wishlist. I don't hope it's gonna tank for the simple reason that the more successful omnibuses we have the more we will get.
    You are missing a lot.
    "I'm not seeking penance for what I've done, Father. I'm asking for forgiveness... for what I'm about to do." -Matt Murdock

Click a link below and follow me ->
    YouTube Facebook Twitter Instagram photobucket MoviePilot

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Thanks, I got Volume 2, what about volume 1? I ordered the Orion Omnibus, I have the old trade and I am anxious to finish the run. His Thor stuff at the time was full throttle.
    Vol. 1 is really good. Vol. 3 is probably the weakest, although his whole run was great. If you're on the fence about it, now is probably a good time to buy it since it's probably getting close to going OOP.

Spectacular Member

Seconding recommendation for the flash, while vol 2 is probably the best, vol 3 and 1 are infinitely more readable do to either the smaller page count or the binding. Vol 2 is the definition of dc mousetraps and actually one of the last I believe to use their old binding.

Dont let that discourage anyone from buying said omnibus though, it is still very readable, complaining about binding is such a first world problem......with the exception of New teen titans vol 1 with perez and wolfman. My GOD that book was hard to read, the pages were nice and thick which actually made it so hard to bend down to see in the crease. Anyone bummed about missing out on that one for being oop shouldnt be. It was an absolute chore to read, as good as the source material was.
    Last edited by RIPLynott; 03-30-2015 at 11:09 PM.