View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 309 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2092592993053063073083093103113123133193594098091309 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 21672
    Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    I'm still yet to rip into NF. I've had the deluxe sitting there since release, but I still don't know when I'm going to get to it... I might be the only DC fan who hasn't read it.
    You're not alone. There's just not enough time in the day!

Anyone know if the Smith/Hester Green Arrow will be put out in the deluxe format? While the absolutes are great, I feel they're a bit unwieldy and out of my price range. Looks great though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Anyone know if the Smith/Hester Green Arrow will be put out in the deluxe format? While the absolutes are great, I feel they're a bit unwieldy and out of my price range. Looks great though.
    it was originally solicited as a deluxe and then later upgraded. It's certainly possible but, like anything in the world of collected comic hardcovers, it's anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    it was originally solicited as a deluxe and then later upgraded. It's certainly possible but, like anything in the world of collected comic hardcovers, it's anyone's guess.
    Figured as much. Hopefully we'll see it listed in future catalogs.

Incredible Member

Not for a handful of years most likely considering the Absolute JUST came out.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've read the Smith run a bunch of times over the years and love it. I was set to get the Deluxe, but just don't know if I want to lay down the coin - even 50 percent off - for an Absolute copy. It's still tempting.
    Don't do it! I've managed to stay strong and not buy this (granted, it's only been out a week ), in the hopes that we do get a Deluxe Edition eventually.

Then I can go back and buy the matching Meltzer Deluxe and my OCD will be spared a flare-up...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Just got some of the Hitman trades I was talking about earlier in the thread, and man, I'm always taken aback by DC's cheap ass trades. Even if the floppy was done in nicer paper, the trade will be on cheap newsprint, and the pages are always just shy of falling out, even when new.

Compared to Marvel's Epic line, which are 3x the price, though more than 4x the content, they are also printed on good paper and feel more sturdy. Across the board, Marvel wipes it's ass with DC. Why's DC always gotta be so cheap ass with their trades?

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    No, he doesn't, since many of us still find it off.

Which is what makes it look off in the first place, duh. ;-)

Don't misunderstand me©, like I said, I adore Cooke's art and love NF. But even masters can occasionally make a minor slip. Even though some find it hilarious to even make a comment about it. (Eyeroll)
    Do we have to pay you every time we use this now?

Extraordinary Member

Any word on what extras the Absolute Green Arrow book has?

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Don't do it! I've managed to stay strong and not buy this (granted, it's only been out a week ), in the hopes that we do get a Deluxe Edition eventually.

Then I can go back and buy the matching Meltzer Deluxe and my OCD will be spared a flare-up...
    Yeah, this is why I'm not getting the Meltzer Deluxe, and after all the great stuff I said about the Smith run, I like Meltzer's even more.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Not for a handful of years most likely considering the Absolute JUST came out.
    Yeahhhh that's what I was responding to bruh bruh....don't have the money to fall down that rabbit hole. DC is becoming more frequent in their deluxe publications however.

Incredible Member

Yeahhhh that's what I was responding to bruh bruh....don't have the money to fall down that rabbit hole. DC is becoming more frequent in their deluxe publications however.
    Yes, DC is doing more Deluxe editions, so in several years when the Absolute edition is OOP they'll drop a deluxe edition. I'm sure they'll drop a TPB reprint in between the Absolute and potential Deluxe edition.

BANNED

I'm not sure the art on Green Arrow was good enough to warrant an absolute.

Are the Earth One books Oversized or Standard trim ? Thanks guys

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Are the Earth One books Oversized or Standard trim ? Thanks guys
    They are standard sized.