View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 312 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2122623023083093103113123133143153163223624128121312 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Hey guys, I'm talking myself into buying the We3 deluxe.

As it's OOP, I'm going to have to pick it up from Amazon Market place, where prices are upwards of 25 quid for a used copy. That seems a little steep considering it's only 3 issues.

I'd be OK spending that if I knew the build was decent (which I don't) or if someone convinced me that I really need that book on my shelf.

Any input?
    It's above average and obviously written in a are moment of Morrison lucidity as it makes sense from start to end. But, it's only three issues, and some stories are worth picking up in the trades or floppies. This is one of them. Yes, the art is gorgeous, but not worth spending $40 (US) on.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

So despite being a HUGE Batman fan (see board member name for evidence), I've never read the original Mad Love (but I have watched the adaptation from TAS several times). I just saw the deluxe is out. Is this worth it? Seems kind of thin.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    So despite being a HUGE Batman fan (see board member name for evidence), I've never read the original Mad Love (but I have watched the adaptation from TAS several times). I just saw the deluxe is out. Is this worth it? Seems kind of thin.
    There's a "Mad Love and Other Tales" regular sized hardcover from a while back that collects more than this new Mad Love Deluxe. I have absolutely no clue why DC didn't just deluxe that earlier collection like they did and are doing with Superman For All Seasons and Trinity. Instead, this is apparently just the Mad Love story with a bunch of new extras.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    There's a "Mad Love and Other Tales" regular sized hardcover from a while back that collects more than this new Mad Love Deluxe. I have absolutely no clue why DC didn't just deluxe that earlier collection like they did and are doing with Superman For All Seasons and Trinity. Instead, this is apparently just the Mad Love story with a bunch of new extras.
    That puzzles me, too. Waiting for some reviews before deciding whether to cancel or not, since I already own the regular HC.

I'm in the same boat. Wondering if I should grab it or not. It's cheap enough from IST I guess. I'm not fond of trying to resell stuff I don't like unless I can flip them for more than I paid like all the Civil War stuff is now.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Why is Amazon so slow with delivering the Orion book on preorder?

Anyone know what the Shazam 75 year book is like?

Amazing Member

I hate ordering from Amazon **** always comes banged up in the mail. I ordered twice from them in the past with 2 Omnibus editions. And they were pretty banged up to hell. I use amazon only for the marketplace because you can actually interact with the sellers like eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
    I hate ordering from Amazon **** always comes banged up in the mail. I ordered twice from them in the past with 2 Omnibus editions. And they were pretty banged up to hell. I use amazon only for the marketplace because you can actually interact with the sellers like eBay.
    Same with me. I had to return 3 copies The Villains Month Omnibus until Amazon finally packaged it right and they even changed from USPS to UPS to make sure it was in good shape when it came to my door.

I just realised like 2 days ago that there is a ML deluxe coming out. But waiting for opinions as well, I don't like to spend on a book which is half comics and half extras ( I could care less about scripts and if I want to buy an artbook with sketches...then I buy an artbook with sketches.)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I just realised like 2 days ago that there is a ML deluxe coming out. But waiting for opinions as well, I don't like to spend on a book which is half comics and half extras ( I could care less about scripts and if I want to buy an artbook with sketches...then I buy an artbook with sketches.)
    Same here, as soon as I get to the extras, the book's finished

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Same here, as soon as I get to the extras, the book's finished
    well, except if it's a Morrison book. Although I won't read his scripts either but I always read his commentaries and annotations. And if there are a few pages of sketches I will check them out (or you know, if it's a 800-900 page long book, 30-40 pg extras are alright. A nice balance).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    Why is Amazon so slow with delivering the Orion book on preorder?
    So it's not only me. I was wondering why I hadn't been charged yet.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    So it's not only me. I was wondering why I hadn't been charged yet.
    Mine came yesterday, which was the day Amazon released it, but I have Amazon Prime. I wonder if there's a stock shortage.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I was reading the customer reviews for New Teen Titans vol.3 and they aren't flattering.
    Are these 3 volumes of Perez&Wolfman worth getting? I know the men's reputations is great work, I'm really asking has DC put together the material to be all inclusive enough of the material they did? Some reviews indicated gaps in vol. 3 leading to some narrative holes, is that isolated to that volume or are vol.1-2 similar. Comments on the binding are not encouraging either.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I think the only criticism of New TT Omnibus Vol 2 is that issue #38 is omitted and put in Vol 3.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”