View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 315 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2152653053113123133143153163173183193253654158151315 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 21672

they gonna milk Morrison as much as they can, so I think it's a safe bet that everything's gonna get a deluxe or omnibus eventually, maybe except some of the more controversial material (New adventures of Hitler, St. Swithin's Day)

I'm totally getting Filth. I recalled picking up the first issue of the floppy when it first came out, and figured I'd wait until the trade. Then when the trade came out, I was furious that it was on toilet paper (the floppies were on nicer, heavier paper).

The Filth is one of the only Morrison books I haven't read, is it typical Morrison? As to be honest after liking a lot of his earlier stuff, I really don't like reading his stuff any more, I find it boring (hence my invisibles omni going on eBay this weekend) so would this be a waste if a blind buy?

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

^
    If you don't like the Invisibles, you won't like The Filth.

Amazing Member

Dude, Grant Morrison's Animal Man and Doom Patrol were the only times where I read a comic that I laughed really hard. The way he did Mirror-Master was just hilarious. I swear, Morrison made that dude a Scottish with the accent down pat. His Doom Patrol made me crack up cause Steele's favorite terms are "Christ" and "Shit". And the way he executes them is hilarious especially when Steele smashed his head in the wall in a sick rage. I kinda wished that he had Logan (Changling from the New Teen Titans since he was originally a member of the Doom Patrol) with them. That would've been even more funny. But I don't think DC at the time would've allowed that since I believe Marv Wolfman did like a few hundred issues of Teen Titans and Logan was apart of the original crew. Though, I think that's acceptable because it was all in the same timeline. Like how, Justice League had the Throne of Atlantis Arc, but Flash and Green Lantern weren't apart of it cause Flash was dealing with Grodd in his own series. And, Hal Jordan was dealing with the Third Army in his series. I thought that was pretty cool how everything was in real time with some characters in some series. That shows that the writers respect one another. Other than Marvel just doing the series with characters in their own universe. Like Wolverine dying and then a million Wolverine based books come out after he's supposed to be dead but I guess not. Cause there's the "Wolverines" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    The Filth is one of the only Morrison books I haven't read, is it typical Morrison? As to be honest after liking a lot of his earlier stuff, I really don't like reading his stuff any more, I find it boring (hence my invisibles omni going on eBay this weekend) so would this be a waste if a blind buy?
    don't buy it. It is almost like the Invisibles condensed into 12 issues with more disturbing images (although with a very good artist) and undecipherable story.
    I love both, especially the Invisibles, but if that wasn't your thing then don't even touch The Filth.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    don't buy it. It is almost like the Invisibles condensed into 12 issues with more disturbing images (although with a very good artist) and undecipherable story.
    I love both, especially the Invisibles, but if that wasn't your thing then don't even touch The Filth.
    you have saved me some money for a change

Incredible Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned, but according to Amazon, the Neil Adams' Batman Omnibus has been moved from June/July to December 8th... Mannnnn..

Also, there's some book called "Boy Commandos by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby Volume 1" coming out in November. Price point seems that it's going to be Oversized.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1401258...110_SY165_QL70
    Last edited by TheTemp; 04-18-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post

Also, there's some book called "Boy Commandos by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby Volume 1" coming out in November. Price point seems that it's going to be Oversized.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/1401258...110_SY165_QL70
    Interesting. I wonder if this is a sign that DC is going to start re-collecting Kirby, but put it all in proper omni-sized omniboo.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    His post was equal parts ignorance and idiocy, I felt dumber for having read it.

Except Winick had absolutely nothing to do with Earth 2 or Alan Scott. So the whole rant was kind of weird and borderline offensive to be honest.
    Yeah okay you're right. I never read that particular story, I just find Winick's writing based too firmly on shock value.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

If nothing else it was a fascinating example of a seemingly cocaine-fueled stream-of-consciousness tirade starting with appreciating Morrison and somehow morphing into a vaguely homophobic condemnation of DC editorial policy.

Don't do drugs kids.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who is curious about the Orion Omnibus

I cancelled my preorder for this......then these pictures convinced me to re-order!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Hey guys & gals, if you can report posts rather than reply to them that would be great, so we can deal to them appropriately.

Carry on.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For anybody who is curious about the Orion Omnibus

Thanks for the pics! Anyone has some tips on how to make the outer spine of the book (black cardboard spine, don't really know if there's a specific word for this) stay mostly straight as shown on those Orion omnibus pictures (or even make it bend outward, in the opposite direction of the sewn binding bend) ? I'm opening my JSA omnibus vol. 2 following the infamous "How to open a new book" technique, but the outer spine bends inward, following the sewn binding. I'm sure that this will create large creases on the outer spine, especially given the size of the JSA omnibus, and I'd like to avoid this situation by making the outer spine bend outward. Any tips on how to achieve that? I hope my question is clear enough lol
    Last edited by QComix; 04-18-2015 at 07:23 PM.

^
    Same thing happened to me with my Johns Teen Titans omni. I'd love to know if there's a solution out there as well.