View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 316 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2162663063123133143153163173183193203263664168161316 ... LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,740 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Thanks for the pics! Anyone has some tips on how to make the outer spine of the book (black cardboard spine, don't really know if there's a specific word for this) stay mostly straight as shown on those Orion omnibus pictures (or even make it bend outward, in the opposite direction of the sewn binding bend) ? I'm opening my JSA omnibus vol. 2 following the infamous "How to open a new book" technique, but the outer spine bends inward, following the sewn binding. I'm sure that this will create large creases on the outer spine, especially given the size of the JSA omnibus, and I'd like to avoid this situation by making the outer spine bend outward. Any tips on how to achieve that? I hope my question is clear enough lol
    My Geoff Johns Omnibus folded inwards as well and have a minor crease To correct this, I carefully put a ruler between the outer spine and the inner ribbon to stop it folding inwards.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

The Batman: Mad Love Deluxe Edition does NOT contain the Other Stories from the previously-most-recent edition, but annoyingly, contains the same introduction from that edition which makes references to said stories being in the book anyway.

Extras comprise pencil layouts and colour guides for the entire story, so you're basically getting the same single issue three times. On top of that, the art reproduction blown up to deluxe size has some pretty jagged looking edges on the dialogue.

Not worth it, frankly.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    The Batman: Mad Love Deluxe Edition does NOT contain the Other Stories from the previously-most-recent edition, but annoyingly, contains the same introduction from that edition which makes references to said stories being in the book anyway.

Extras comprise pencil layouts and colour guides for the entire story, so you're basically getting the same single issue three times. On top of that, the art reproduction blown up to deluxe size has some pretty jagged looking edges on the dialogue.

Not worth it, frankly.
    Thanks. Always nice when my fellow posters save me money instead of convince me to spend more of it.

BANNED

Super thanks for the honest "review"! Won't order it now either.

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

I asked a page or two back to save myself the cash but got no answer so figured I'd take the hit for my bruddas here on the boards.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    I asked a page or two back to save myself the cash but got no answer so figured I'd take the hit for my bruddas here on the boards.
    A true hero. Thanks.

^
    He's the hero we need and the hero we deserve.

Amazing Member

Has anyone heard any news or rumors about whether DC will do a volume 2 of the Justice League of America Omnibus?

With the popularity of The Flash TV show, I'm wondering what we think will be the first Flash centered Absolute announced (I'm assuming the popularity of Arrow was the antecedent to the release of the two Green Arrow-centered Absolutes).
    Something from Johns? Rebirth? New 52 stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    don't buy it. It is almost like the Invisibles condensed into 12 issues with more disturbing images (although with a very good artist) and undecipherable story.
    I love both, especially the Invisibles, but if that wasn't your thing then don't even touch The Filth.
    Good advice! I've tried reading it twice now and have never made it past the half. The artist is good, but the story isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    With the popularity of The Flash TV show, I'm wondering what we think will be the first Flash centered Absolute announced (I'm assuming the popularity of Arrow was the antecedent to the release of the two Green Arrow-centered Absolutes).
    Something from Johns? Rebirth? New 52 stuff?
    Rest assured it will be something written by Geoff Johns. Rebirth would be my guess, although I'm still crossing my fingers that there's a Vol. 4 Flash omnibus that collects Rebirth, the Barry Allen run he did and even Flashpoint.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    they gonna milk Morrison as much as they can, so I think it's a safe bet that everything's gonna get a deluxe or omnibus eventually, maybe except some of the more controversial material (New adventures of Hitler, St. Swithin's Day)
    Speaking of deluxe Morrison, I just noticed this on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401258115/...b_recs_4_title

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Speaking of deluxe Morrison, I just noticed this on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/1401258115/...b_recs_4_title
    I like how the description is all about Morrison and doesn't say **** about the actual book.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Incredible Member

Why does the DKR deluxe have a $44 price tag? As do a couple of the others I have my eye on. I guess it is a fair sized book, but I mean... I'm only paying $50 for the Perez WW omni, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Why does the DKR deluxe have a $44 price tag? As do a couple of the others I have my eye on. I guess it is a fair sized book, but I mean... I'm only paying $50 for the Perez WW omni, y'know?
    Because it will have "Batman" and "Frank Miller" written on the cover.