View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 322 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2222723123183193203213223233243253263323724228221322 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 21671

Post waid

i just emailed this to dc, but if anyone has a better way to let them know (or any news \ rumors regarding it in general) i'd like to hear. thanks

Hello,
    Everyone loves the Flash tv show. It seems that one of the most popular runs on the Flash comic was over 100 issues by Mark Waid. Yet many of those issues have never been collected? They are available digitally but are expensive ($2 apiece) and I would rather own some nice quality hardcovers than buying used copies of the old TPBs and skipping stories. Deluxe editions are fine -- as long as they're complete -- no need for an Omnibus or anything. Please put this in your pipeline as I would love to finally read them! Thanks

732_Mark_Waid_2004.jpg

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Good job dishpan. I email them suggestions too and sometimes they appear to happen.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

So judging by the new DK3 announcement, this pretty much makes the solicit for the Dark Knight Deluxe a pointless purchase when we all know we'll get the inevitable 3-in-1 collection right?

Hey guys I have a question regarding the Silver Age Flash Omnibus Vol 1. http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Omnibus-...+omnibus+vol+1.
    My copy from Amazon arrived today and I noticed that it wasn't a sealed copy. I'm pretty new to omnibuses and been buying quite a few lately, this is the only one that has come unsealed. I had watched some video reviews on this before buying and the ones that I watched the reviewer unsealed a copy.

Not a big deal, but with Amazon's shoddy packaging there's some small scratches and tiny rips on the cover which I'm annoyed about. Don't know if its Amazon's packaging or they sent me a used copy. Anyone who purchased one did yours come sealed? Thanks.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    So judging by the new DK3 announcement, this pretty much makes the solicit for the Dark Knight Deluxe a pointless purchase when we all know we'll get the inevitable 3-in-1 collection right?
    That hypo 3-in-1 collection wouldn't happen for 5 or more years at least probably. DC will milk making people buy all these different collections. (just as they are now)
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I'm waiting for DK3, Sandman Overture, and Before Watchmen to be collected into Absolute Back to the Well.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Hey guys I have a question regarding the Silver Age Flash Omnibus Vol 1. http://www.amazon.com/Flash-Omnibus-...+omnibus+vol+1.
    My copy from Amazon arrived today and I noticed that it wasn't a sealed copy. I'm pretty new to omnibuses and been buying quite a few lately, this is the only one that has come unsealed. I had watched some video reviews on this before buying and the ones that I watched the reviewer unsealed a copy.

Not a big deal, but with Amazon's shoddy packaging there's some small scratches and tiny rips on the cover which I'm annoyed about. Don't know if its Amazon's packaging or they sent me a used copy. Anyone who purchased one did yours come sealed? Thanks.
    You should have received the Omnibus sealed in shrinkwrap. Send them an email and politely put forward your disappointment as to the condition the book came in and the fact that it was unsealed. See what they reply. They may offer you a partial refund which may make you feel ok about the slight scratches. For sure, they will offer you a replacement if you send back the one you received. You need to decide what you'll feel good with - a cheaper slightly scratched book or a replacement at the original price. You may even get a full refund and get to keep the book, that sometimes happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You should have received the Omnibus sealed in shrinkwrap. Send them an email and politely put forward your disappointment as to the condition the book came in and the fact that it was unsealed. See what they reply. They may offer you a partial refund which may make you feel ok about the slight scratches. For sure, they will offer you a replacement if you send back the one you received. You need to decide what you'll feel good with - a cheaper slightly scratched book or a replacement at the original price. You may even get a full refund and get to keep the book, that sometimes happens.
    Thanks for the reply Raffi, this was what I figured. The omnibus is huge with a beautiful glossy dustjacket. That's why I was surprised that DC wouldn't shrinkwrap the omnibus to protect the wonderful cover. There's some small scratches and a small tear on the dustjacket from being bounced around in the box that I'm annoyed about that I hate looking at. I think I'm going to send it back and get a new copy, these omnibuses are beautiful and I like to keep them that way.

Thanks for the help.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    That hypo 3-in-1 collection wouldn't happen for 5 or more years at least probably. DC will milk making people buy all these different collections. (just as they are now)
    Mmm, sadly it seems so. Pretty irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I read the first five issues a year ago. Great stuff, I'm definitely getting the TPB
    Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I read the run years ago. It's fairly decent but like all comics entering a Post-Image 90s, it does the inevitable nose dive at the end.
    Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    i just emailed this to dc, but if anyone has a better way to let them know (or any news \ rumors regarding it in general) i'd like to hear. thanks

Hello,
    Everyone loves the Flash tv show. It seems that one of the most popular runs on the Flash comic was over 100 issues by Mark Waid. Yet many of those issues have never been collected? They are available digitally but are expensive ($2 apiece) and I would rather own some nice quality hardcovers than buying used copies of the old TPBs and skipping stories. Deluxe editions are fine -- as long as they're complete -- no need for an Omnibus or anything. Please put this in your pipeline as I would love to finally read them! Thanks

732_Mark_Waid_2004.jpg
    There are new trades of Johns' Flash run coming, so I wouldn't expect Waid's until at least after those are done. I can imagine DC being petty enough to not want to put them out while Waid is still doing high profile Marvel work. They do seem to be making a concerted effort on recollecting older series properly (Nightwing, Birds of Prey, Robin) which is encouraging though.

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    The Suicide Squad binding makes me want to openly weep for selling a full run... twice. I would definitely consider a Sandman Mystery Theatre custom binding.
    I am so glad I bound Suicide Squad when I did- I found 99% of the run in a 75 cent bin (including two copies of #1), and picked up the rest online for cheap. Then they showed up in Arrow and the movie was announced and BOOM, prices went crazy. At least DC is going to put out the first TPB again, with hopefully a few more to go. But, as with all series that ran for a number of years, I'm skeptical they will complete the run. I remind myself that they finished Hitman, so anything is possible, but... yeah, glad I bound it

And glad you're so happy with the Question books, Judge!

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's really shocking & sad when you think about it. Marvel has collected its crossovers like ten times over probably, it feels like.
    I don't know, as someone who has recently been picking up a lot of these events in the cheapo back issue bins, I've yet to read one that makes me think "wow, I was really missing out!" There are SO MANY great runs of stuff DC hasn't collected (the aforementioned Waid Flash material, Hawkworld, continuing the Man of Steel trades, pretty much all of Peter David's DC work, etc etc) that something like Millennium or Zero Hour would be pretty low on my list compared to those. Armageddon 2001 had some fun tie-in issues, but the overall event with its last second change-of-ending was rough; and weren't a huge chunk of the Crisis tie-ins simply panels that had red skies and little else to tie it to Crisis? Zero Hour itself was also pretty bad, though it too had some fun tie-in issues (Robin #10 with Dick and Tim teaming up is a big favorite of mine.)

So... yeah, I'd rather see DC finish just a few of the runs it has started (Ostrander Spectre and Martian Manhunter, Grell Green Arrow, Dixon Nightwing and Birds of Prey...) than to spare some of that precious back catalog space on mostly lame events. I think they've been choosing some pretty good stuff lately, it's just that there is such a big backlog of material worthy of a reprint, they have to prioritize, surely. And as much as I wish they'd do more omnis by folks other than Johns and Morrison (who I love, don't get me wrong), those names sell more books than a 30 year old event written by Keith Giffen and Bill Mantlo.

Just playing devil's advocate- if some people love those events, more power to you!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I don't know, as someone who has recently been picking up a lot of these events in the cheapo back issue bins, I've yet to read one that makes me think "wow, I was really missing out!" There are SO MANY great runs of stuff DC hasn't collected (the aforementioned Waid Flash material, Hawkworld, continuing the Man of Steel trades, pretty much all of Peter David's DC work, etc etc) that something like Millennium or Zero Hour would be pretty low on my list compared to those. Armageddon 2001 had some fun tie-in issues, but the overall event with its last second change-of-ending was rough; and weren't a huge chunk of the Crisis tie-ins simply panels that had red skies and little else to tie it to Crisis? Zero Hour itself was also pretty bad, though it too had some fun tie-in issues (Robin #10 with Dick and Tim teaming up is a big favorite of mine.)

So... yeah, I'd rather see DC finish just a few of the runs it has started (Ostrander Spectre and Martian Manhunter, Grell Green Arrow, Dixon Nightwing and Birds of Prey...) than to spare some of that precious back catalog space on mostly lame events. I think they've been choosing some pretty good stuff lately, it's just that there is such a big backlog of material worthy of a reprint, they have to prioritize, surely. And as much as I wish they'd do more omnis by folks other than Johns and Morrison (who I love, don't get me wrong), those names sell more books than a 30 year old event written by Keith Giffen and Bill Mantlo.

Just playing devil's advocate- if some people love those events, more power to you!
    I agree. The only event I really want is Legends but that's because I'm a huge Ostrander fan.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Transmit Him View Post
    There are new trades of Johns' Flash run coming, so I wouldn't expect Waid's until at least after those are done. I can imagine DC being petty enough to not want to put them out while Waid is still doing high profile Marvel work. They do seem to be making a concerted effort on recollecting older series properly (Nightwing, Birds of Prey, Robin) which is encouraging though.
    Waid is not on the best terms with DC either, I believe. So that's also another factor of why they might not want to republish his Flash stories. That of course is stupid because the end game for DC should be making money, and if people will buy Waid's Flash reprints, then that's what they should publish. But you know, people can be petty.