View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 325 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2252753153213223233243253263273283293353754258251325 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,875 of 21674
    Spectacular Member

I would really like a final Veitch volume.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I think they re-printed Veitch's Swamp Thing through #81 (in volumes 7, 8 and 9 following Moore's 6 volumes), leaving #82-87, the unpublished Veitch version of #88 (if it exists), and Annual #4 (by Steve Bissette) from that time period uncollected. Gaiman wrote Annual #5 between the Veitch and Wheeler runs, and that was collected in "Neil Gaiman's Midnight Days," but I guess you could recollect it in a final Veitch volume. Wheeler took over with #88 and wraps up Veitch's time travel storyline in #90 I believe. I think that would be the most logical stopping point for a trade if your goal is to wrap up the story Veitch began. The end of #90 would sort-of be a bridge in a way for the Brian K. Vaughan series, which DC recently put out trades of.

But given the fact DC just clearanced out Veitch's vol 8 and 9 trades last year, and probably not many clamoring people for a re-print of his run, DC will probably just stick the big marquee names for Swamp Thing trades like Moore, Vaughan, Morrison and Millar rather than finish Veitch's run or reprint the the Wheeler/Collins/Foreman issues.
    Thanks for the info. Somehow I just totally missed those missing Veitch Swamp Thing volumes. And they can all be had relatively cheap. I think I will hunt them down.
    trying to be nicer

Fun-Eating Devil The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Anyone noticed this?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/140125...irL&ref=plSrch

I love Ennis so I might give it a shot. Is the non-Hitman stuff good?
    Issue #45 has my personal favorite Etrigan-moment (inspired somewhat by Swamp Thing #50): when he defeats the Gothodaemon.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Does DC have the equivalent of Tom Breevort's Tumblr where you can ask questions?

I really want to ask why they haven't really got behind the Omnibus format and their release schedule is so sparse compared to Marvel's.

Even if they focussed on New 52 stuff, there have already been some great runs that deserve an Omnibus (Wonder Woman and Flash as two that spring to mind), and yet we get nothing.....unless the writer is Geoff Johns, then we get it all!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Can someone help me understand what is going on with Batman vol 6. It contains BATMAN #0, #18-20, #28, #34. 18-20 take place before vol 4 and I don't know what is going on with 28 and 34. Why is this volume so messy?

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Does DC have the equivalent of Tom Breevort's Tumblr where you can ask questions?

I really want to ask why they haven't really got behind the Omnibus format and their release schedule is so sparse compared to Marvel's.

Even if they focussed on New 52 stuff, there have already been some great runs that deserve an Omnibus (Wonder Woman and Flash as two that spring to mind), and yet we get nothing.....unless the writer is Geoff Johns, then we get it all!
    man i'd be so stoked if they put out deluxe's/omnibus for ww and flash. kinda random that dial h is getting a deluxe before any of those, especially snyder's batman. what are the chances of i, vampire being put into deluxe? probably slim but i hope it does.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    man i'd be so stoked if they put out deluxe's/omnibus for ww and flash. kinda random that dial h is getting a deluxe before any of those, especially snyder's batman. what are the chances of i, vampire being put into deluxe? probably slim but i hope it does.
    is Dial H the first new52 deluxe? Or the Damian one? Was that even n52 continuity? Maybe they are testing the waters with this Dial H book?
    Just preordered it, hope it's gonna be good, heard good things about it.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    is Dial H the first new52 deluxe? Or the Damian one? Was that even n52 continuity? Maybe they are testing the waters with this Dial H book?
    It's really good. Neck and neck with Robinson's The Shade mini for best book for the n52. I'm betting they went with Dial H for a Deluxe Edition on the strength of China Mieville's name for the bookstore market.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Can someone help me understand what is going on with Batman vol 6. It contains BATMAN #0, #18-20, #28, #34. 18-20 take place before vol 4 and I don't know what is going on with 28 and 34. Why is this volume so messy?
    These issues should have been collected in previous volumes but weren't for whatever reason, so now they are lumping them together in a volume of their own. I guess it'd better than not collecting them at all. So that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    These issues should have been collected in previous volumes but weren't for whatever reason, so now they are lumping them together in a volume of their own. I guess it'd better than not collecting them at all. So that's why.
    Thanks for the answer. So should I even bother with this? Does it add anything or have any good stories and also is there any sane reason they did this?

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    It's really good. Neck and neck with Robinson's The Shade mini for best book for the n52. I'm betting they went with Dial H for a Deluxe Edition on the strength of China Mieville's name for the bookstore market.
    yeah, i've heard good things too. hopefully dc keeps it up. the only other ones i've heard are lemire's GA and snyder's ST and i'll definitely be getting all of them.

Thanks for the answer. So should I even bother with this? Does it add anything or have any good stories and also is there any sane reason they did this?
    I think it's because they were all single issue filler stories that didn't have much if anything to do with the storyline that was going on at the time. But I haven't read them. Just going by what other have said.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Issue #0 has some cool Red Hood Gang stuff. #18-20 is an okay Clayface story. I think one of those remaining issues was sort of a "pilot" issue for Eternal. Not sure about the last one. Probably not an essential volume, but ask yourself this: Can you really deal with having volume 5 and volume 7 together on your bookshelf with no volume 6 in between? I know I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Issue #0 has some cool Red Hood Gang stuff. #18-20 is an okay Clayface story. I think one of those remaining issues was sort of a "pilot" issue for Eternal. Not sure about the last one. Probably not an essential volume, but ask yourself this: Can you really deal with having volume 5 and volume 7 together on your bookshelf with no volume 6 in between? I know I can't.
    If they were deluxe editions then I couldn't pass it up but for a small volume like this, I can pass. Thanks for the info, looks like this is the first Snyder Capullo I won't be getting. I don't know what DC's think was but if they had just done the volumes chronologically I would have ended up buying more books. Since they packaged all the "inconsequential" stuff in one volume, it's easy to pass on.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

If they were deluxe editions then I couldn't pass it up but for a small volume like this, I can pass. Thanks for the info, looks like this is the first Snyder Capullo I won't be getting. I don't know what DC's think was but if they had just done the volumes chronologically I would have ended up buying more books. Since they packaged all the "inconsequential" stuff in one volume, it's easy to pass on.
    I actually really like the content. There's the 0 issue, which is basically a prologue for zero year , 18and 19, a cool Clayface story dealing with Damian's death, a cool Harper Row story with some more Damian stuff, an okay annual with a weak new villain, but some cool Arkham stuff, with Batman testing the security system, the Eternal tie in, which is pretty weak, and then a one off about a serial killer, which I wasn't a fan of, but I'm not really into that sort of thing. If you can get it cheap, j would recommend buying it.
    Cyclops was right