View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 326 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2262763163223233243253263273283293303363764268261326 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    yeah, i've heard good things too. hopefully dc keeps it up. the only other ones i've heard are lemire's GA and snyder's ST and i'll definitely be getting all of them.
    And Soule's Swamp Thing is supposed to be even better.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    man i really hope his run gets a deluxe too but i seriously doubt it'll happen

He's becoming a pretty big name over at Marvel, so I believe it's possible we'll see his run collected too.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Can someone help me understand what is going on with Batman vol 6. It contains BATMAN #0, #18-20, #28, #34. 18-20 take place before vol 4 and I don't know what is going on with 28 and 34. Why is this volume so messy?
    #0 was a prequel to Zero Year
    #18 was the Requiem issue
    #19-20 was a short clayface story, plus a Superman back-up story crossover.

#18-20 also fell between DotF and Zero Year

#28 was a Batman Eternal tie-in
    #34 was a standalone story between Zero Year and Endgame.

#18-20, 34 are chronologically the gap between the end of DotF and the beginning of Endgame.

DC decided that for Vol. 4 and 5, rather than have issues unrelated to the Zero Year included in them, to have them collected at a later date, as (outside of #0) these issues had no impact on the Zero Year story..

It sort of makes sense, while the issue numbers are all over the place, if you remove Zero Year, chronologically these issues all pick up from where volume 3 finished and from where volume 7 will begin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    #0 was a prequel to Zero Year
    #18 was the Requiem issue
    #19-20 was a short clayface story, plus a Superman back-up story crossover.

#18-20 also fell between DotF and Zero Year

#28 was a Batman Eternal tie-in
    #34 was a standalone story between Zero Year and Endgame.

#18-20, 34 are chronologically the gap between the end of DotF and the beginning of Endgame.

DC decided that for Vol. 4 and 5, rather than have issues unrelated to the Zero Year included in them, to have them collected at a later date, as (outside of #0) these issues had no impact on the Zero Year story..

It sort of makes sense, while the issue numbers are all over the place, if you remove Zero Year, chronologically these issues all pick up from where volume 3 finished and from where volume 7 will begin.

Where to read the Batman Eternal trades? Somewhere after #20 and before #35?

Any opinions on Simonson's The judas coin? Is it a good story? I'm not too fond of Batman's rouge gallery so if it's mostly a Two face story and not a Batman one, it's probably not for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Any opinions on Simonson's The judas coin? Is it a good story? I'm not too fond of Batman's rouge gallery so if it's mostly a Two face story and not a Batman one, it's probably not for me.
    The Two-Face/Batman element is only one small part of the story. It's not really a Two-Face or Batman story at all overall, but they feature prominently on the cover probably to push sales. It's the story of one of the coins paid to Judas for betraying Christ and how various DC characters over the history of time have come into contact with it. The characters from DC history that the book spans are Marcus the Golden Gladiator, Jon Rikkson the Viking Prince, Captain Fear, Bat Lash, Two-Face and Starker of Manhunter 2070. It was an entertaining read but don't buy it if you're just looking for a Batman story.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    The Two-Face/Batman element is only one small part of the story. It's not really a Two-Face or Batman story at all overall, but they feature prominently on the cover probably to push sales. It's the story of one of the coins paid to Judas for betraying Christ and how various DC characters over the history of time have come into contact with it. The characters from DC history that the book spans are Marcus the Golden Gladiator, Jon Rikkson the Viking Prince, Captain Fear, Bat Lash, Two-Face and Starker of Manhunter 2070. It was an entertaining read but don't buy it if you're just looking for a Batman story.
    From the characters above I only know Bat Lash, shame on me. TBH I'm not the biggest Batman fan so if it's more than just another Batman solves a mystery/murder case/ornitologhical conspiracy story than I'm definitely interested. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Does DC have the equivalent of Tom Breevort's Tumblr where you can ask questions?
    You mean someone who disparages and insults fans and lies?
    I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    it is.

Hard to say as Soule is starting to be a go-to guy for Marvel and he's actually good.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Hard to say as Soule is starting to be a go-to guy for Marvel and he's actually good.

Lemire and Soule have both signed exclusive contracts with Marvel (which is sad, I've really enjoyed both of their DC outputs), we're getting Lemire's Green Arrow in deluxe so we can't discount a Soule Swamp Thing deluxe.

Andrea Sorrentino has also signed an exclusive with Marvel which is upsetting because I would of brought absolutely anything that guy drew for DC but I have little to no interest in Marvel monthlies (I made an exception for Soules She-Hulk but I seemed to be the only person that did not enjoy it), especially the X-men franchise which is where hes ended up

To be honest I can't remember much, but I do one word. I'll give you a hint... It starts with a B and ends with oring. Seriously though I had a really hard time getting through the book and I sold it as soon as I could.

BANNED

The art was the best thing, but the story was just not really there. It was simply a way for Simonson to draw what he wanted.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    To be honest I can't remember much, but I do one word. I'll give you a hint... It starts with a B and ends with oring. Seriously though I had a really hard time getting through the book and I sold it as soon as I could.
    Was the book really that belaboring?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Thanks for the opinions guys. Probably not gonna expand my ever growing wishlist with this (at least for now)

Incredible Member

Thanks for the opinions guys. Probably not gonna expand my ever growing wishlist with this (at least for now)
    I realize you're in Scotland, but in America you can get a copy of the HC in very good condition for $4.50. Looks like you can get a new copy of the paperback off Amazon.Co.Uk for £6.50ish. My point being - it's not that expensive to make the plunge. Or you could try to find it in a library. There are a lot of worse books you could put that money toward than the Judas Coin, but I can also understand the Judas Coin not being a very high priority book.