View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 331 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2312813213273283293303313323333343353413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 21671
    Spectacular Member

I think ultimately a Morrison Batman will happen.

It's easy to give my top ten (or twenty or thirty) most want omnibuses. But if you ask me for a likely omnibus, that's where I get confused. What's reasonable to me doesn't seem to have any basis in whats reasonable for DC. I see omnibuses as mostly to a collector's market, I don't think too many people are just randomly buying omnibuses. So in that regard, just about any run seems reasonable to me. I'm actually surprised that DC doesn't have more classic material in print. I can't figure them out.

Take the 52 weekly series omnibus. If memory serves, that was a good seller for them. I would think by that mark, Countdown would get an omnibus. Similar series, maybe not quite as critically received, but I liked it and people would buy it. Not out. Or the Jack Kirby New Gods stuff--why wouldn't you release that in a traditional omnibus?

Hard for me to guess cause I really don't know their criteria.
    trying to be nicer

Spectacular Member

Oh ...by the way...DELUXE Dial H for Hero this week? Did I miss something? Are people clamoring for Dial H for Hero. More weirdness from the DC collections department.
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Or the Jack Kirby New Gods stuff--why wouldn't you release that in a traditional omnibus?
    I love the two paperbacks out of four that I do have, but wouldn't mind a few volumes of Absolute Fourth World.

One omnibus I would love, but don't think I've seen pop-up on anyone's Most Wanted List is DnA's Legion run.
    Would probably be too big to also include their Legion Lost, but per Comic Book DB, their run on "The Legion" was 33 issues + 8 issues between Legionnaires & LoSH.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet. Definitely a worthy deluxe edition in my opinion:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Secre...deluxe+edition

That's an awesome find. Now all we need is Birthright to be collected as a deluxe and then all my favorite Superman stories would be collected as either an Absolute or a Deluxe HC!!

Also this: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...rhf_gw_p_img_3

The third Omnibus of Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Run!

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

I'll be ordering both of those! All the wish list ideas are fantastic and I want practically every suggestion. I WOULD like to see a deluxe of Lobo/Lobo's Back/ Paramilitary Xmas special . Just leave out the disappointing authority lobo books. Even The Biz couldn't save those and I still crack up reading those 3 originals.

Oh and for wish list? How about continuing the ones you've started DC? Hmmmmm? I want more of all of those already!!
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 05-04-2015 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet. Definitely a worthy deluxe edition in my opinion:

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Secre...deluxe+edition

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    That's an awesome find. Now all we need is Birthright to be collected as a deluxe and then all my favorite Superman stories would be collected as either an Absolute or a Deluxe HC!!
    Great find, thanx!!! And yeah, give me a Birthright deluxe as well!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Also this: http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...rhf_gw_p_img_3

The third Omnibus of Geoff Johns' Green Lantern Run!
    Collects GREEN LANERN #53-60, GREEN LANTERN: LARFLEEZE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10.
    Here we go again, if that dosn't change than it'll be missing most of the Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern crossovers making the tail end of the book pretty much unreadable. The Simon Baz #0 issue is also missing for some reason.

Its already estimated at 1104 pages the missing issues above would probably add an extra couple hundred to make an absolutely monstrous book.
    Last edited by drd; 05-04-2015 at 02:23 AM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Here we go again, if that dosn't change than it'll be missing most of the Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern crossovers making the tail end of the book pretty much unreadable. The Simon Baz #0 issue is also missing for some reason.

Its already estimated at 1104 pages the missing issues above would probably add an extra couple hundred to make an absolutely monstrous book.
    I think the solicits are wrong but the page count is correct. These solicits contain about 40 issues of 24 pages whoch is less than 1000 pages so I think the 1104 page count includes those missing issues. Or there are 150 extras of course...
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

For one, pre-Flashpoint series had 67 issues, not 60.

And are Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern as much unreadable without other titles as Sinestro Corps War was without Green Lantern Corps issues? By which I mean it really wasn't and those issues weren't needed in first Omnibus.
    Last edited by Pete Wisdom; 05-04-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Oh ...by the way...DELUXE Dial H for Hero this week? Did I miss something? Are people clamoring for Dial H for Hero. More weirdness from the DC collections department.
    I think DC is banking on China Mieville's name on the cover to bring in bookstore sales. It was an excellent series, though.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    For one, pre-Flashpoint series had 67 issues, not 60.

And are Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern as much unreadable without other titles as Sinestro Corps War was without Green Lantern Corps issues? By which I mean it really wasn't and those issues weren't needed in first Omnibus.
    No, its not near as bad as Sinestro Corps Wars would read without the GLC issues. I don't have access to the books right now, but my initial thought is that at the very least the Red Lantern issues are not needed at all. Including the GLC might just be enough. Still they backed themselves in a corner by not collecting all the other series with the main GL title. I think most would agree that after Sinestro Corps wars that GLC is at least as good as the main title, if not better.

Amazing Member

I'm legit curious as to why a "traditional" Fourth World omnibus would be preferable to the 4 volumes we have now. I find I rarely actually read those big fat omnibuses because I can barely hold them. I much prefer the 4th world/Flash omnibus size.