View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 333 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2332833233293303313323333343353363373433834338331333 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,995 of 21671
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    I got all of them: Superman, Lois Lane, Batman, Joker, The Flash, Shazam and (50 years of) Teen Titans. Upcoming are Robin, Green Lantern, JSA, The Spirit and hopefully some more. I would have expected at least Lex Luther also coming in 2015, but was disapointed by the last solicits. We will have to see, if DC will publish some more in the next years.

First of all: They are NOT OHC, but standard size.

They give a good overview of the characters through the ages, but the material is non-consistent at times, picking single issues from longer runs, etc. These are books for people who have an interest in the past and want to see the characters evolve, but if you want to read the stories than you are maybe better of by picking other books of these characters.
    What is contained in the Shazam one?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I got all of them: Superman, Lois Lane, Batman, Joker, The Flash, Shazam and (50 years of) Teen Titans. Upcoming are Robin, Green Lantern, JSA, The Spirit and hopefully some more. I would have expected at least Lex Luther also coming in 2015, but was disapointed by the last solicits. We will have to see, if DC will publish some more in the next years.

First of all: They are NOT OHC, but standard size.

They give a good overview of the characters through the ages, but the material is non-consistent at times, picking single issues from longer runs, etc. These are books for people who have an interest in the past and want to see the characters evolve, but if you want to read the stories than you are maybe better of by picking other books of these characters.
    Not OHC? I could have sworn The Flash one was, granted it was on a shelf, but still. Shame they aren't really. Id snap them up if they were but I dont buy normal sized stuff to, that's me SOL
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

This was something I could not be less interested in . . . then somehow reading this made me think it might be a really cool read.

Do you feel good thought went into picking which issues/incarnations were used? Or are some of the books kind of random in their choices?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    It is oversized but the binding is awfully tight. Still, I love to have it in ohc but the rest of the run is standard sized (BD, Century, Nemo's, although BD has an absolute edition but I heard it's not the best of the line) so for the sake of shelf uniformity maybe you should buy the 2 volume standard edition? Probably cheaper. But I wouldn't advise against buying the omni.
    Thanks for the replies everybody. Will probably pull the trigger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    RIP comes before Batman & Robin. It would be preferable to do Batman & Son/Black Glove/RIP in one Absolute and Time & the Batman and Return of Bruce Wayne in another. Resurrection of Ra's only has two Morrison issues and could be thrown in but the whole crossover is totally unnecessary and not very good anyway.
    While it would contradict the way the story was published, it would be pretty awesome to have the "Death and Rebirth of Batman" in one Absolute like Kodave said. After all, The Return of Bruce Wayne was meant to be read in simultaneous with Morrison's last issues of B&R, but they weren't published in that Absolute and no one died. You just add a disclaimer after RIP saying "Please read the Batman and Robin Absolute, now on sale, before proceeding".

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yep. Johns does a great job making his works accesible. JSA is my favorite work from him though 1/3rd of the first omni isn't written by him (it's done by other very capable writers though so it's definitely not a waste).
    Thank you. Looks like I'll be buying a few DC omnibi. That wailing sound you hear in the background is my bank account crying out in mortal terror.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    It's oversized, but glued. Naturally the binding is fairly stiff, but I'm happy to have it.
    Can anyone confirm the trim size? I owned it at one point and would have sworn it was regular sized not oversized but i cant compare anymore.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Can anyone confirm the trim size? I owned it at one point and would have sworn it was regular sized not oversized but i cant compare anymore.
    It is oversized.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    While it would contradict the way the story was published, it would be pretty awesome to have the "Death and Rebirth of Batman" in one Absolute like Kodave said. After all, The Return of Bruce Wayne was meant to be read in simultaneous with Morrison's last issues of B&R, but they weren't published in that Absolute and no one died. You just add a disclaimer after RIP saying "Please read the Batman and Robin Absolute, now on sale, before proceeding".

I think it would be fine to release an absolute with all the content. It could be branded as simply 'Batman By Grant Morrison' to go with 'batman and Robin' and 'Batman Incorporated'. Plus it works as one long story if you insert 701 and 702 straight after the final issue of RIP and then from 702 straight into Return. I personally wouldn't include the 'last Rites' issues as they are in the 'final Crisis' Absolute.

Issue 700 is hard to place but as its its own story it could simple be at the end.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    It is oversized.
    Off-topic, but how is Crawl Space? Had no idea that book was so big, and it's going at a great price on IST. Great looking format.

What is contained in the Shazam one?
    It contains 21 different stories beginning in 1940 up to 2013, most notably the first appearance of Captian Marvel in Whiz Comics and also first appearances of Mary Marvel (1942), Mr Mind and the Monster Society of Evil (1944), Black Adam (1945) and other characters as well as other stories from the early years. There is one part of the Jeff Smith Monster Society (if you interested in that I would recommend the Deluxe Edition), Superman vs. Shazam and a JSA story.
    I am not really a Shazam fan, but bought the book because it is part of the series, so I don't want to give any advice.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

It contains 21 different stories beginning in 1940 up to 2013, most notably the first appearance of Captian Marvel in Whiz Comics and also first appearances of Mary Marvel (1942), Mr Mind and the Monster Society of Evil (1944), Black Adam (1945) and other characters as well as other stories from the early years. There is one part of the Jeff Smith Monster Society (if you interested in that I would recommend the Deluxe Edition), Superman vs. Shazam and a JSA story.
    I am not really a Shazam fan, but bought the book because it is part of the series, so I don't want to give any advice.
    Thanks! Did it make sense to you as a casual Cap Marvel reader? I haven't read a lot either and I was wondering if it's a nice hc to read some of his best stories.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Thanks! Did it make sense to you as a casual Cap Marvel reader? I haven't read a lot either and I was wondering if it's a nice hc to read some of his best stories.
    I would say it is a good book to get introduced to the character and then decide if you want to go further and buy some other stuff.

All-New Member

Dial H Deluxe Edition - does anyone know, is Justice League #23.3: Dial E issue included in the book?
    Because that issue was in the second tpb, but no information on the deluxe edition.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by janj View Post
    Dial H Deluxe Edition - does anyone know, is Justice League #23.3: Dial E issue included in the book?
    Because that issue was in the second tpb, but no information on the deluxe edition.
    I didn't see them listed on the back of the book when I looked at it yesterday.