View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 335 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2352853253313323333343353363373383393453854358351335 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,025 of 21674

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Yep they reissued them in chronological order in trades of about 9-13 issues each. They're around #110 right now. It's pretty amazing if you want to read legendary runs like Ennis's and Delano's in cheap, chunky $20 trades.
    What number did the floppies reach? I think I had about 150ish issues before I sold them (with number 3 being the first comic I ever bought)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    What number did the floppies reach? I think I had about 150ish issues before I sold them (with number 3 being the first comic I ever bought)
    300 not counting the spin-offs. But the best parts of the title are below and around #150. At this pace we can have the full run within about 6 or 7 years.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    And Lucifer TV show is coming. I really hope we would get some HC collections at some point, wanna read those Vertigo classics.
    Agreed

Yep they reissued them in chronological order in trades of about 9-13 issues each. They're around #110 right now. It's pretty amazing if you want to read legendary runs like Ennis's and Delano's in cheap, chunky $20 trades.
    Absolutely. I was pretty excited to be able to read the Jenkins stuff again. It's not the best run - it's still damn good - but I never expected it to ever, ever get collected. This is one of the few series I regularly buy in tpb form.

300 not counting the spin-offs. But the best parts of the title are below and around #150. At this pace we can have the full run within about 6 or 7 years.
    You're going to start a whole new debate. LOL. I personally felt that Carey - after Ennis - might have featured my favorite run, but it took a little while to get rolling.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Agreed

Absolutely. I was pretty excited to be able to read the Jenkins stuff again. It's not the best run - it's still damn good - but I never expected it to ever, ever get collected. This is one of the few series I regularly buy in tpb form.

You're going to start a whole new debate. LOL. I personally felt that Carey - after Ennis - might have featured my favorite run, but it took a little while to get rolling.
    Hellblazer had an insane amount of good stories and amazing creative teams but if we're talking about the main title only (so not counting ogn's or spin off's) I think Milligan and Carey are the only writers after Azz left that rivalled the awesomeness of Ennis, Delano, Ellis, Morrison and Azzarello. But that's just my humble opinion and I haven't read everything yet.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Would y'all buy a Deluxe consisting of the Elseworld Annuals?

For this week's Collected Editions haul, I made my way to St Marks Comics in the East Village as I tend to pop in there every 2-3 months to see what OOP they may be selling.

Picked up this week's essentials but what I did manage to find is Plastic Man: On the Lam! which has a plastic cover

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    For this week's Collected Editions haul, I made my way to St Marks Comics in the East Village as I tend to pop in there every 2-3 months to see what OOP they may be selling.

Picked up this week's essentials but what I did manage to find is Plastic Man: On the Lam! which has a plastic cover

That Plastic Man book is a real find. Not only is it a great comic, but copies tend to sell for big prices on the secondary market. I always regret not picking up the two collections when they first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    That Plastic Man book is a real find. Not only is it a great comic, but copies tend to sell for big prices on the secondary market. I always regret not picking up the two collections when they first came out.
    I've heard nothing but good things about it. I managed to get it for $30.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I'd like a deluxe collecting the 3 vampire Batman stories, I have red rain and the second one in HC, but they could easily fit all 3 books in ohc

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I'd like a deluxe collecting the 3 vampire Batman stories, I have red rain and the second one in HC, but they could easily fit all 3 books in ohc
    I just purchased the trade a couple weeks ago but definitely would have preferred an OHC.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Eh, probably not (and I'm a big fan of 90's DC). Most of the Elseworlds annuals were pretty forgettable, with horrible art. There were a few exceptions, but not enough to make me pick up an omni or deluxe.

I would, however, buy an Eclipso: The Darkness Within collection. The art was spotty, but I loved the storyline, and it was my first big crossover event.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amazing Member

I've not seen this mentioned, and guess this is the right thread...

There's a hardback DC partwork collection coming to the UK: https://www.eaglemoss.com/en-gb/comi...c-comic-books/
    I think a German version exists already?
    I guess similar to other publishers collections of Marvel and Judge Dredd which exist at the moment...

BANNED

No. At most, I'd buy a series of digital trades. Neither the stories nor art were that special.

Hellblazer had an insane amount of good stories and amazing creative teams but if we're talking about the main title only (so not counting ogn's or spin off's) I think Milligan and Carey are the only writers after Azz left that rivalled the awesomeness of Ennis, Delano, Ellis, Morrison and Azzarello. But that's just my humble opinion and I haven't read everything yet.

After Azz, the only writers were Denise Mina, Carey, Milligan and Jason Aaron for two issues, if I recall. Mina's stuff was some of the worst ever. Bar none. Aaron's two stories are forgettable. I really enjoyed Milligan's run until his absolutely shitty, stupid ending for which he should be banned from writing comics forever. As stated previously, I loved Carey's stuff, but you are right, there was an incredible talent pool that participated in those 300 issues!

Have these been mentioned yet?

- GL by Johns Omnibus Vol. 3

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...ords=dc+comics

- Superman: Secret Identity Deluxe (Busiek/Immonen - not Johns/Frank)

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Secre...ords=dc+comics

- Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity Deluxe

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Superma...ords=dc+comics
    Last edited by LordJulius; 05-11-2015 at 03:19 PM.