View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 337 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2372873273333343353363373383393403413473874378371337 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 21672

yes, it was confirmed earlier. I can shoot some "ahright" quality pics with a phone if anybody is interested though...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yes, it was confirmed earlier. I can shoot some "ahright" quality pics with a phone if anybody is interested though...
    I am! Love me some "ahright" pics
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

The bindings not as bad as something like DMZ or Y the Last Man Deluxes, but they've still been stupid and glued the pageblock to the spine. Also the paper seems thinner and cheaper than usual for a DC/Vertigo deluxe.

This book has me concerned for the future Swamp Thing by Snyder and Green Arrow by Lemire deluxes. The fact they've been solicited as deluxe and not omnibus makes me worry that we will wind up with this same poor binding on those two books (and just when things were looking up with the practically perfect Green Lantern binding ).

here are some of the binding then:
    dial5.jpg
    dial4.jpg

Spectacular Member

I read the first trade of Dial H, but I couldn't get into it. I think the art was one factor. Not to my liking. I liked the idea fine enough. The issue with the Indian was my favorite, and probably the only issue I genuinely liked. 0 was worse. Dreadful to read through.

...STILL I'm intrigued by the Deluxe. I don't know, maybe I should read couple of more issues to see if it takes flight, or so.

Has there been any word on the content for the Robin: A Celevration of 75 Years HC which was supposed to come out today?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Has there been any word on the content for the Robin: A Celevration of 75 Years HC which was supposed to come out today?
    Actually it came out on May, 5. It contains 10 stories about Dick Grayson, 3 about Jason Todd, 4 about Tim Drake, 3 about Damian and 4 about "other" Robins.
    It's a mix of famous storylines (or part of them like dark knight, death in the family,..) as well as rather unknown stories (at least to me).

Any chance of Lucifer deluxe books now, or after watching the trailer do you think dc would be scared of getting done under the trades description act as the show has absolutely nothing in common with the book

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Any chance of Lucifer deluxe books now, or after watching the trailer do you think dc would be scared of getting done under the trades description act as the show has absolutely nothing in common with the book
    and it looks almost as horrible as the Supergirl trailer. Or just as horrible but a different way.
    Did they finish the chunky paperback line with Lucifer? I certainly wouldn't mind some deluxes next to my Sandman omnis and Gaiman deluxes.

and it looks almost as horrible as the Supergirl trailer. Or just as horrible but a different way.
    Did they finish the chunky paperback line with Lucifer? I certainly wouldn't mind some deluxes next to my Sandman omnis and Gaiman deluxes.
    seems strange that they did a line of trades (the original ones that i have) then another line of trades (which collects 2 original trades??) why not just put them out as deluxes the second time round?

seems strange that they did a line of trades (the original ones that i have) then another line of trades (which collects 2 original trades??) why not just put them out as deluxes the second time round?
    While this is certainly true, this would also apply to a lot of other series, which would deserve OHC treatment even more, like Swamp Thing, Preacher or Hellblazer.
    From my point of view there is no such thing as too many deluxes, but I guess there are a lot of people who like the trades better because they save two or three bucks on each book and still get the story.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd buy a two set of Lucifer omnis to mirror the Sandman ones. Same design.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Also, talking of possible media spin offs generating possible OHCs - where is my iZombie omnibus!

All that glorious Allred art, even if they have totally changed the story, needs to be on my shelf!
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Also, talking of possible media spin offs generating possible OHCs - where is my iZombie omnibus!

All that glorious Allred art, even if they have totally changed the story, needs to be on my shelf!
    tbh, I don't hear much talk about the show either. It's not generating buzz like Arrow or Flash. Donno why. But I would like an IZombie omni or some deluxes as well.

tbh, I don't hear much talk about the show either. It's not generating buzz like Arrow or Flash. Donno why. But I would like an IZombie omni or some deluxes as well.
    Allred has mentioned an omnibus is happening, not sure when though. Here's a post from instagram where he references "the future omnibus": https://instagram.com/p/1wDCsjhGQe/?taken-by=allredmd