View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 340 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2402903303363373383393403413423433443503904408401340 ... LastLast
Results 5,086 to 5,100 of 21671

I've read the first third or a bit more of the Dial H deluxe and, well, it's not too interesting so far. There are a buncha ideas thrown in but nothing that makes me care about anything and while the art style is not bad I don't feel like it has a good flow storytelling wise.
    I also don't really like the dialogue, doesn't feel natural, sometimes too much exposition, sometimes very disjointed. And I'm a Morrison fan so I should be used to this.
    I think I'm gonna put the book down for a bit and see if I ever want to come back to it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    from me at least. It seems polarising, some people really like it because they can watch it with their kids and it's not doomy and gloomy as MoS and the Nolan Batmans. Which is nice and I can appreciate that aspect but for me the whole thing is sooo cliche, your typical Ugly Betty plot mashed together with your typical superheroics and also it looks cheesy but not in a good way. People call it earnest and what a relief this tone is but IMHO the Flash is earnest as f&@k and not gloomy at all and I still don't watch that because the plot sucked big time in 90% of the first half of season 1 (stopped watching after Firestorm) and Supergirl seems even weaker.
    And yeah, I'm a man and the whole thing is maybe just too girly for me so you can say it's not aimed at my demographic but I don't think Ms Marvel is aimed at me either and I love that book to death (also, Powerpuff girls? Buffy?).
    C'mon man, Flash is awesome. You barely even got to the Reverse-Flash stuff. And GRODD!!!!!!
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    C'mon man, Flash is awesome. You barely even got to the Reverse-Flash stuff. And GRODD!!!!!!
    probably gonna binge watch it at some point. Did the same with Arrow after stopped watching it with s1ep5 or 6. But I don't watch Arrow either because se3 was reeeaalllyyy baaaad. But I love Flash as a character so I'm always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Talking of The Flash, the Geoff Johns omnibuses of his run with Wally - any good?

Got a chance to grab all three together, but I've never read it, so opinions/reviews welcome.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

probably gonna binge watch it at some point. Did the same with Arrow after stopped watching it with s1ep5 or 6. But I don't watch Arrow either because se3 was reeeaalllyyy baaaad. But I love Flash as a character so I'm always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
    Yeah, arrow sucks, but then again I'm really digging Gotham so what do I know

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Does not compute.
    Hey, I watch both as well but Gotham has gone sideways. Not sure it'll recover. If it's ratings slide continues through S2 it'll most likely be gone, Fox doesn't have a larger agenda to tie Gotham into after all.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Talking of The Flash, the Geoff Johns omnibuses of his run with Wally - any good?

Got a chance to grab all three together, but I've never read it, so opinions/reviews welcome.
    Yes. Johns Flash is great stuff. His Wally stuff is even better than his Barry stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Gothams first couple of episodes were just terrible and I couldn't bare to watch any more. Everything I've heard about it since seems like its taking far too many liberties with the Batman Mythos. Its a huge shame really because if they pitched it more along the lines of the Gotham Central comic where Batman was a background nuisance to the cops getting their job done I reckon it could of been a really interesting show.

Arrows had some rough moments but I love it anyway, Flash has been brilliant, I'm gutted about Constantine being canned because that got very good towards the end and Supergirl look like a lot of fun. Gotham really is the only stinker in DC's current TV lineup as far as i'm concerned.

I do hope the Supergirl series leads into some good collections coming out.

I dont much care about Gotham messing with the mythos. My biggest problem is that it has all the subtlety of a brick to the face. "Dr DULMACHR! GET IT GUYS!? HUH!? DUL-MACHER! - KINDA SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING ELSE HUH?"

I have noticed my Absolute V For Vedentta has a chunk of center pages that have come away from the material spine at the top. It's still fine at the bottom. I don't really know how binding works, but are these pages going come out?

Has anyone ever tried to or needed to fix or rebind an Absolute?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

One of my favorite runs ever with my favorite hero and one of my favorite Rogues Galleries and supporting casts in all of comics. So yeah.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    One of my favorite runs ever with my favorite hero and one of my favorite Rogues Galleries and supporting casts in all of comics. So yeah.
    seconded. For me it's on par with his GL and JSA runs.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I got my JSA vol.2 Omni over the weekend and I'm impressed w/how flat it lays when opened up. The binding is loose enough yet I don't detect any pulling at the signature. For those who've put it through a read should I expect that on a book this size?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Gotham has that Smallville wink-wink thing going on. I stuck with ten years of that crap, not going to start watching Gotham now.

I am trying to finish the second season of Arrow. Have to admit it is tough. Big fan of Green Arrow and I want it to be a successful property. But after watching Daredevil and seeing it done right, it is hard for me to keep treading along on Arrow. If only they hadn't screwed up Black Canary and using that damn island as a narrative device into the second season was a mistake.
    trying to be nicer

I've read the first third or a bit more of the Dial H deluxe and, well, it's not too interesting so far. There are a buncha ideas thrown in but nothing that makes me care about anything and while the art style is not bad I don't feel like it has a good flow storytelling wise.
    I also don't really like the dialogue, doesn't feel natural, sometimes too much exposition, sometimes very disjointed. And I'm a Morrison fan so I should be used to this.
    I think I'm gonna put the book down for a bit and see if I ever want to come back to it.

There's been a lot of criticism on here of this book lately. I initially was going to blind buy it, but today when I placed a monthly order with CGN, I left it out. I guess I'm just tired of getting burned.