View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 342 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2422923323383393403413423433443453463523924428421342 ... LastLast
Results 5,116 to 5,130 of 21670

Multiversity definitely. CoIE and Batman Year 100 is high on my list too.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I'll probably pick up Suicide Squad and Multiversity with the Wonder Woman Omni off IST.
    Cyclops was right

Do you guys think the current Wonder Woman N52 HCs will eventually be released as an omnibus? I'm thinking of picking up the HCs (w/ the first two being hard to find), but might just wait if there will be an omnibus.

Surprised Multiversity is going straight to deluxe. DC never does that. I think that makes four deluxe books from DC I'll be getting. I much prefer Deluxe to the other formats so liking DC's new found love of deluxe editions.

Incredible Member

^ They did it with Superman Unchained, too. And I hope they'll do it with the upcoming DKIII.

What's with these book/DVD combos all of a sudden?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Do you guys think the current Wonder Woman N52 HCs will eventually be released as an omnibus? I'm thinking of picking up the HCs (w/ the first two being hard to find), but might just wait if there will be an omnibus.
    If any WW run were to be given the Deluxe/Omni treatment, it would be the Azzarello one*. I think your patience will pay off.

*And the first part of Perez' run, of course.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Of the new batch, I'm really only interested in the Absolute Green Lantern/Green Arrow. Can anyone comment on the content?

Possibly also the Batman Year 100 Deluxe.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    What's with these book/DVD combos all of a sudden?
    I suspect DC are experimenting and endeavouring to bring in new readers. I doubt the najority of us will be interested in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I suspect DC are experimenting and endeavouring to bring in new readers. I doubt the najority of us will be interested in them.
    I get all the animated movies on bluray, they used to be brilliant, but since they started basing them on new 52 stories they quality really has gone down hill

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I wonder if these books from the DVD/book combo's are oversized. If yes than I might get the Year One one.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I get all the animated movies on bluray, they used to be brilliant, but since they started basing them on new 52 stories they quality really has gone down hill
    or, since Timm left, because the Brainiac one wasn't based on a n52 book (in fact I quite like the original comicbook) and it still sucked.
    Can't wait for the new Timm animated movie.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I wonder if these books from the DVD/book combo's are oversized. If yes than I might get the Year One one.
    I think it's gonna be some kinda hardcover case which gonna include the disc and a paperback version of the book. I can't recall any hardcovers that tried to catch the eye of a mainstream audience (like the cheap Batman box set with Court of Owls, Hush and TDKR or the Snyder Batmans with the masks).

Spectacular Member

Hi Guys,

Is The Multiversity readable without any prior knowledge on the DCU?

I see on wikipedia/solicitations that the deluxe version contains a guidebook which explains the basic events on the different earths.

Thanks!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think it's gonna be some kinda hardcover case which gonna include the disc and a paperback version of the book. I can't recall any hardcovers that tried to catch the eye of a mainstream audience (like the cheap Batman box set with Court of Owls, Hush and TDKR or the Snyder Batmans with the masks).
    Yeah that does make sense. Found it a bit weird too.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stargasm View Post
    Hi Guys,

Is The Multiversity readable without any prior knowledge on the DCU?

I see on wikipedia/solicitations that the deluxe version contains a guidebook which explains the basic events on the different earths.

Thanks!
    No, it's not gonna be (much) readable without any prior knowledge on the DCU IMHO. That's not a knock on Grant at all, I love Grant, but no...his stuff does tend to work off of prior DCU stuff. And Grant tends to mine some obscure prior DC material too. And The Multiversity works from prior Morrison stories like Final Crisis, etc.

I just don't think Grant wrote it with very new readers in mind so much. But rather longer time readers. Not everything needs to be written for new readers.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 05-20-2015 at 06:11 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”