View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
562. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

    54 9.61%
  • Deluxe

    222 39.50%
  • Omnibus

    228 40.57%
  • Absolute

    125 22.24%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 350 of 1232 FirstFirst ... 250300340346347348349350351352353354360400450850 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 18470
  1. #5236
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    That's why I asked, I do buy the hardcovers, and I don't like gaps in my collection . But how is the reading order? Is Action comics the main story and the other, Superman/WW and the Superman issues, side stories? Or is it really a crossover. Cause I don't want to switch books every 2 issues or so to understand what's going on.
    It's a true crossover. If you don't want to jump back and forth between books, go with the Doomed collection.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  2. #5237
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA USA
    Posts
    3,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Also, regarding the Knightfall trades, while I've only read through mine once a piece they look exactly the same as they did when I bought them. Unless you're really rough with your books you don't need to worry about them falling apart.
    All three of mine made an ominous cracking sound upon first opening, so I feared the worst. However they've not been re-read, so I could be wrong about the build quality. Hopefully I am...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009
    7,869

    The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  3. #5238
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    There's four TPBs for the No Man's Land editions. If you're familiar with the JLA trades that are reprinting the 1997-2006 series, they're basically the same as those. They have glossy paper stock with average thickness. The only complaint I have with them is that all of the covers are in the back of the book instead of at the beginning of the respective issue.

    Also, regarding the Knightfall trades, while I've only read through mine once a piece they look exactly the same as they did when I bought them. Unless you're really rough with your books you don't need to worry about them falling apart.
    Perfect, thanks.

  4. #5239
    Astonishing Member TomSlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I'm hoping that 'Multiverity' will see an 'Absolute' release. I waited out to read it in one go and feel that this is a series in need of the huge size that Absolute's bring.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's going to get a deluxe edition by the end of the year. I expect an absolute edition at some point because it's Morrison.

  5. #5240
    Incredible Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it's going to get a deluxe edition by the end of the year. I expect an absolute edition at some point because it's Morrison.
    I hope so. I love the format and love Morrison's work.

  6. #5241
    Spectacular Member Eddy82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It's a true crossover. If you don't want to jump back and forth between books, go with the Doomed collection.
    Thanks for the help, the Doomed collection it's gonna be

  7. #5242
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Southampton, UK
    Posts
    2,659

    Default

    The Green Lantern Vol2 omnibus out next month states it contains Blackest Night 0-7......that's one less than the full series.......typo or screw job?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

  8. #5243
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The Green Lantern Vol2 omnibus out next month states it contains Blackest Night 0-7......that's one less than the full series.......typo or screw job?
    Most likely typo. For awhile DC was better about releasing updated solicitations (like they did for Green Lantern Vol 1 and the JSA Vol 2 omnis), but both with this and the Shazam 75th it looks like it's back to waiting until the release unfortunately.

  9. #5244
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    621

    Default

    My haul the last couple weeks thanks to Amazon.ca preorders and the awesome extra 20% off special at indigo.ca this month..

    Last edited by TheTemp; 05-29-2015 at 02:44 PM.

  10. #5245
    Junior Member Sousa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Does anyone know what the "Road to No Mans Land vol 1" book is? Are they just reprinting the entire storyline again or is this something else that preludes it? Because its smaller than the last book they made so I'm not sure what it is

  11. #5246
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    Does anyone know what the "Road to No Mans Land vol 1" book is? Are they just reprinting the entire storyline again or is this something else that preludes it? Because its smaller than the last book they made so I'm not sure what it is
    It's a prelude. I don't think they've collected these issues before.

  12. #5247
    Spectacular Member Cap'n_RDM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    There's four TPBs for the No Man's Land editions. If you're familiar with the JLA trades that are reprinting the 1997-2006 series, they're basically the same as those. They have glossy paper stock with average thickness. The only complaint I have with them is that all of the covers are in the back of the book instead of at the beginning of the respective issue.

    Also, regarding the Knightfall trades, while I've only read through mine once a piece they look exactly the same as they did when I bought them. Unless you're really rough with your books you don't need to worry about them falling apart.
    That drives me nuts...

  13. #5248
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The Green Lantern Vol2 omnibus out next month states it contains Blackest Night 0-7......that's one less than the full series.......typo or screw job?
    That comes out in August, doesn't it?

  14. #5249
    Junior Member Sousa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    It's a prelude. I don't think they've collected these issues before.
    Okay thanks. I couldn't find what issues were in there which is why I asked

  15. #5250
    Fantastic Member Dick Grayson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Yokohama, Japan
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    That comes out in August, doesn't it?
    Yep, according to Amazon. So maybe there will be an updated solicit.

    JSA Omni vol 3 is next month, that's what I was thinking of, maybe legion_quest was too.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •