View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 350 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2503003403463473483493503513523533543604004508501350 ... LastLast
Results 5,236 to 5,250 of 21662
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    That's why I asked, I do buy the hardcovers, and I don't like gaps in my collection . But how is the reading order? Is Action comics the main story and the other, Superman/WW and the Superman issues, side stories? Or is it really a crossover. Cause I don't want to switch books every 2 issues or so to understand what's going on.
    It's a true crossover. If you don't want to jump back and forth between books, go with the Doomed collection.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    Also, regarding the Knightfall trades, while I've only read through mine once a piece they look exactly the same as they did when I bought them. Unless you're really rough with your books you don't need to worry about them falling apart.
    All three of mine made an ominous cracking sound upon first opening, so I feared the worst. However they've not been re-read, so I could be wrong about the build quality. Hopefully I am...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

There's four TPBs for the No Man's Land editions. If you're familiar with the JLA trades that are reprinting the 1997-2006 series, they're basically the same as those. They have glossy paper stock with average thickness. The only complaint I have with them is that all of the covers are in the back of the book instead of at the beginning of the respective issue.

Also, regarding the Knightfall trades, while I've only read through mine once a piece they look exactly the same as they did when I bought them. Unless you're really rough with your books you don't need to worry about them falling apart.
    Perfect, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I'm hoping that 'Multiverity' will see an 'Absolute' release. I waited out to read it in one go and feel that this is a series in need of the huge size that Absolute's bring.
    If I'm not mistaken, it's going to get a deluxe edition by the end of the year. I expect an absolute edition at some point because it's Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, it's going to get a deluxe edition by the end of the year. I expect an absolute edition at some point because it's Morrison.
    I hope so. I love the format and love Morrison's work.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    It's a true crossover. If you don't want to jump back and forth between books, go with the Doomed collection.
    Thanks for the help, the Doomed collection it's gonna be

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

The Green Lantern Vol2 omnibus out next month states it contains Blackest Night 0-7......that's one less than the full series.......typo or screw job?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    The Green Lantern Vol2 omnibus out next month states it contains Blackest Night 0-7......that's one less than the full series.......typo or screw job?
    Most likely typo. For awhile DC was better about releasing updated solicitations (like they did for Green Lantern Vol 1 and the JSA Vol 2 omnis), but both with this and the Shazam 75th it looks like it's back to waiting until the release unfortunately.

Incredible Member

My haul the last couple weeks thanks to Amazon.ca preorders and the awesome extra 20% off special at indigo.ca this month..

Last edited by TheTemp; 05-29-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Does anyone know what the "Road to No Mans Land vol 1" book is? Are they just reprinting the entire storyline again or is this something else that preludes it? Because its smaller than the last book they made so I'm not sure what it is

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sousa View Post
    Does anyone know what the "Road to No Mans Land vol 1" book is? Are they just reprinting the entire storyline again or is this something else that preludes it? Because its smaller than the last book they made so I'm not sure what it is
    It's a prelude. I don't think they've collected these issues before.

There's four TPBs for the No Man's Land editions. If you're familiar with the JLA trades that are reprinting the 1997-2006 series, they're basically the same as those. They have glossy paper stock with average thickness. The only complaint I have with them is that all of the covers are in the back of the book instead of at the beginning of the respective issue.

That drives me nuts...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That comes out in August, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    It's a prelude. I don't think they've collected these issues before.
    Okay thanks. I couldn't find what issues were in there which is why I asked

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    That comes out in August, doesn't it?
    Yep, according to Amazon. So maybe there will be an updated solicit.

JSA Omni vol 3 is next month, that's what I was thinking of, maybe legion_quest was too.