View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 352 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2523023423483493503513523533543553563624024528521352 ... LastLast
Results 5,266 to 5,280 of 21671
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    the 3rd omnibus comes out in February.
    Do we know what is going to be in this one? The blurb makes it sound like it will contain Brightest Day, but that seems unlikely when BD has it's own Omnibus (which I should probably buy soon but don't want to due to both it's bad build and the chance it may get lumped in.....)
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Do we know what is going to be in this one? The blurb makes it sound like it will contain Brightest Day, but that seems unlikely when BD has it's own Omnibus (which I should probably buy soon but don't want to due to both it's bad build and the chance it may get lumped in.....)
    I doubt they gonna include BD. Also IIRC the BD omni doesn't have a bad build. I don't have it but I remember some comments mentioning that it's an okay quality.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    From Amazon: Collects GREEN LANERN #53-60, GREEN LANTERN: LARFLEEZE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    From Amazon: Collects GREEN LANERN #53-60, GREEN LANTERN: LARFLEEZE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL #1, GREEN LANTERN (2011) #1-20, GREEN LANTERN ANNUAL #1, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10.
    Wonderful, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    This material is all post Blackest Night/Brightest Day correct? How good is it, does it follow with Johns big GL story or does it start over?

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    This material is all post Blackest Night/Brightest Day correct? How good is it, does it follow with Johns big GL story or does it start over?
    It's mainly a continuation. One or two things that chaneg to fit in with the whole N52 reboot and de-aging and such, but in general, most things stay the same and 'still count.'

All-New Member

It's not that bad, i think they cover the First Lantern arc. Overall, it seems like Johns is running on fumes but the art is great. Omni 1 and 2 are the cornerstone and most fluid, the 3rd one is the one that collects the balance of John's GL work so while still entertaining, it doesn't hold a candle to the Reborn -- Blackest Night arc. It is similar (IMO) to John's Flash run: Omni 1-2 are just brilliant while 3 feels scattered and tired.

On a side note, I do love how the binding will look with 3 GL and 3 JSA next to each other. I think it complements the book shelf.

GL was one of the few characters - probably because it was Johns - who pretty much kept his continuity going into the new 52

All-New Member

So in order GL 1, GL 2, Brightest day, GL 3 omnibusses?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossedk View Post
    I believe it's GL 1, BD, GL 2, GL 3. Brightest Day was pre new 52 and the second GL Omnibus has the first 20 issues of the New 52 run.

All-New Member

Just a shame BD has such shitty binding. Is it required reading or can I pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossedk View Post
    That is correct. Though GL3 and BD will overlap. GL2 has Blackest Night

So I completely missed Superman: Doomed. How is it? Worth buying?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Amazing Member

The Solicit for GL Vol 3 is likely to contain some mistakes. The GREEN LANTERN CORPS #58-60, and GREEN LANTERN EMERALD WARRIORS #8-10 issues it contains are parts of the story War of the Green Lanterns, which needs issues GREEN LANTERN #63-67 to complete it. The current theory is that they'll either add 63-67 in there or it'll actually contain #53 all the way to #67, instead of the solicited #60. It also needs the #00 issue from the New 52/GREEN LANTERN (2011) series to be slotted in between the Annual and #13, otherwise the new GL Simon Baz will just seem to pop out of nowhere.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    Not sure if this was posted before, but the new Planetary Omnibus printing has hybrid bindings, better than the first print, which was glued.

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    First printing is sewn as well. It's a mousetrap for a different reason.
    I'm fascinated by this! I've got the first printing of the Planetary Omnibus but mine looks just like that image. Is the second printing really less of a mousetrap? Could anyone post an image of it open if they have the second printing? If it's as good as JSA Vol 2 I may have to double dip and sell my first printing.