View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 353 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2533033433493503513523533543553563573634034538531353 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,295 of 21662
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I think there's some (understandable) confusion regarding Brightest Day. Though BD the bi-weekly series sprung out of BN, it has very little to do with Johns' overall GL arc. Now, there is a GL arc titled "Brightest Day," much the same way there's a GL arc titled "Blackest Night." However, unlike BN, the GL arc titled "Brightest Day" has very little (if any) to do with the bi-weekly series of the same name. They just happened to be coming out at the same time.

The GL omnis, which obviously don't include the BD series which got its own omni, read as a cohesive whole and don't require the reading of the BD series. Hope this made some kind of sense.

Incredible Member

^ It does and I thank you.

Spectacular Member

Would you say 200 euros for Absolute LOEG 1-2 in fine/new condition is a "good" price?

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Would you say 200 euros for Absolute LOEG 1-2 in fine/new condition is a "good" price?
    I'd say yes.

Absolutely. I bought mine for the same price some years ago and was happy to get them. I think, prices have even increased in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRaid View Post
    I'm fascinated by this! I've got the first printing of the Planetary Omnibus but mine looks just like that image. Is the second printing really less of a mousetrap? Could anyone post an image of it open if they have the second printing? If it's as good as JSA Vol 2 I may have to double dip and sell my first printing.
    My Planetary (1st printing) is sewn, like in the image, as well. I think the poster mistakenly assumed 1st printings were glued.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    My Planetary (1st printing) is sewn, like in the image, as well. I think the poster mistakenly assumed 1st printings were glued.
    It seems the most plausible explanation.. My heart sinks but my wallet is grateful. :P

Spectacular Member Magnum Valentino's Avatar

You can still get v.2 for pretty cheap (50e on Cheap-Comics), so it's just a matter of whether v.1 is worth 150. I paid £90 for mine.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Anybody have any shots of the inside of Dark Knight Returns Noir? I saw it at my LCS and it looked beautiful, but I had already ordered my copy from CGN.
    Really looking forward to this one...

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I recently picked up a copy of the Marvel 75 table book by Taschen and saw that they did a DC one a few years back. That thing is going for stupid money now, but they started releasing the chapters of the book as individual hardcovers. Unfortunately they seem to have released the first two then stopped.

Anyone know what happened? Golden and Silver saw a release.....but no bronze, dark and modern (the three chapters I'd actually want)
    Last edited by legion_quest; 06-04-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I recently picked up a copy of the Marvel 75 table book by Taschen and saw that they did a DC one a few years back. That thing is going for stupid money now, but they started releasing the chapters of the book as individual hardcovers. Unfortunately they seem to have released the first two then stopped.

Anyone know what happened? Golden and Silver saw a release.....but no bronze, dark and modern (the three chapters I'd actually want)
    No worries, Bronze Age is solicited for october. They just haven't released all the 5 volumes yet. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+age+of+comics
    Edit: and yes, wow did the prices climb up for the Taschen Monster! I think that all of these Adamantium sized editions will actually be a very good investment, just wait a few years. Even Marvels or Wolverine - can you hear me Merrick97? What happened to this guy actually, not active anymore? kind of missing him...
    Last edited by Spirou; 06-04-2015 at 03:14 PM.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I was just wondering about these myself. I preordered the Bronze Age book on Amazon over a year ago, and just realized it never showed up when I was reorganizing some books the other day.

Hopefully the other two don't take years to be released...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

So I don't normally buy normal trades/HCs anymore but I did pick up Grayson Volume 1 today and was really surprised by the number of extras:

• 7 Variant Covers
    • Grayson House Ad
    • Grayson Series Pitch by Tim Seeley
    • 3 pages of character designs by Tim Seeley
    • 5 pages of character designs by Mikel Janin
    • Grayson pencil study by Stephen Mooney
    • Grayson: Future's End #1 teaser by Stephen Mooney
    • 7 pages of layouts for Grayson #1 by Mikel Janin
    • 4 pages of cover designs for Grayson #3 by Mikel Janin

Is this the new norm for DC? Or did I just get lucky?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So I don't normally buy normal trades/HCs anymore but I did pick up Grayson Volume 1 today and was really surprised by the number of extras:

• 7 Variant Covers
    • Grayson House Ad
    • Grayson Series Pitch by Tim Seeley
    • 3 pages of character designs by Tim Seeley
    • 5 pages of character designs by Mikel Janin
    • Grayson pencil study by Stephen Mooney
    • Grayson: Future's End #1 teaser by Stephen Mooney
    • 7 pages of layouts for Grayson #1 by Mikel Janin
    • 4 pages of cover designs for Grayson #3 by Mikel Janin

Is this the new norm for DC? Or did I just get lucky?
    It barely collects 6 issues. 5 full issues and a story from an anthology issue. Usually a small amount of extras are common in DC HCs (cover variants, etc., sometimes sketches), but they just padded Grayson out to probably justify the price despite the lower amount of comic story content.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Correct. I bought my Planetary Omnibus day 1 and it is definitely sewn.