View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 354 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2543043443503513523533543553563573583644044548541354 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 21670

Hahaha.

This cracked me up:

Glass Half Full

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    So I don't normally buy normal trades/HCs anymore but I did pick up Grayson Volume 1 today and was really surprised by the number of extras:

• 7 Variant Covers
    • Grayson House Ad
    • Grayson Series Pitch by Tim Seeley
    • 3 pages of character designs by Tim Seeley
    • 5 pages of character designs by Mikel Janin
    • Grayson pencil study by Stephen Mooney
    • Grayson: Future's End #1 teaser by Stephen Mooney
    • 7 pages of layouts for Grayson #1 by Mikel Janin
    • 4 pages of cover designs for Grayson #3 by Mikel Janin

Is this the new norm for DC? Or did I just get lucky?

Glass Half Empty:

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    It barely collects 6 issues. 5 full issues and a story from an anthology issue. Usually a small amount of extras are common in DC HCs (cover variants, etc., sometimes sketches), but they just padded Grayson out to probably justify the price despite the lower amount of comic story content.

That said, I'm curious about this series, but not enough to pay for it.

I'm sure many of you here split up their Pre-Flashpoint, New 52 and Elseworlds books.

My OCD is currently screaming at me with the new Trade Dress DC has laid on us.... I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on whether I should split up the hardcovers yet again to signify post convergence (even though technically these stories happened before Convergence)

Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    I'm sure many of you here split up their Pre-Flashpoint, New 52 and Elseworlds books.

My OCD is currently screaming at me with the new Trade Dress DC has laid on us.... I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on whether I should split up the hardcovers yet again to signify post convergence (even though technically these stories happened before Convergence)

I'd go with a post convergence section. My OCD went through the roof.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

See, my OCD is having each franchise in chronological order, so everything is always a mess anyway.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I'd go with a post convergence section. My OCD went through the roof.
    I would open a new section because it seems like a good opportunity. but I don't know if your booksheelf is maybe like 20ft long to allow just one big row? ;-)
    Edit: best would be to keep every character in chronological order and sort by characters. The hole 52 layout you show (I have it the same way) quite obviously only works out if the spine design doesn't change. Is a more vertical layout possible for you (every character in its own row)? Hope you understand what I mean...
    Last edited by Spirou; 06-05-2015 at 08:47 AM.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

i actually kinda like the new design.. the thing that REALLY bugs my ocd is when the dust jacket isnt centered and not folded right. what do you guys do when this happens? i kinda wanna send it back for a new one but it might be more work than its worth lol

I have Batwoman Hydrology, but not the rest. Does Williams III do the art on the other 3 Batwoman books too?

Incredible Member

It's one book so far. I'd probably cool it on the OCD until we know for sure that other DC trades are going to depart from the New 52 uniformity and become a free for all.

It's one book so far. I'd probably cool it on the OCD until we know for sure that other DC trades are going to depart from the New 52 uniformity and become a free for all.
    Two books if you look at the image carefully. Both Detective and Grayson have a uniform design.

Quote Originally Posted by TheYoungWolf View Post
    i actually kinda like the new design.. the thing that REALLY bugs my ocd is when the dust jacket isnt centered and not folded right. what do you guys do when this happens? i kinda wanna send it back for a new one but it might be more work than its worth lol
    Totally know what you mean. I have several books like that. I use to get a lot of books from In Stock Trades and Cheap Graphic Novels but lately I've been picking books up from my LCS. That way, I have a chance to inspect the books . Down side is that I lose out on a huge discount.

its so weird that the new trade dress starts midway through the series. They should have renumbeted all of the post convergence HCs starting with new volume 1s like they did with batgirl.

I've been debating dropping my new 52 titles and only buying OHCs . This dress change might just be the motivation I need.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 06-05-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Incredible Member

Two books if you look at the image carefully. Both Detective and Grayson have a uniform design.
    Ah my bad. I just saw the 'Tec (and Batwoman Vol. 2) and thought "This again..."

At least Grayson is a Vol. 1.

But Batman Vol. 6 is the New 52 trade dress, right? Same with Wonder Woman Vol. 6?

I wonder how or if the TPB trade dress will change too.

I can understand slapping the new trade dress on Grayson or potentially the new Batgirl volume, but they should have at least kept the New 52 trade dress on the on-goings until the Convergence-era issues.

Then again, this is the same company that couldn't time releasing their new logo with their company-wide reboot. So trade dress problems aren't surprising.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That said, I'm curious about this series, but not enough to pay for it.
    You should, Its amazing, possibly my favorite thing DC have put out in the last 12 months.

Some truly wonderful super spy action with one of the best and truest incarnations of Dick Grayson ever.

Here is the free 10 page preview they put out as part of the post convergence marketing push.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    its so weird that the new trade dress starts midway through the series. They should have renumbeted all of the post convergence HCs starting with new volume 1s like they did with batgirl.

I've been debating dropping my new 52 titles and only buying OHCs . This dress change might just be the motivation I need.
    I rarely read floppies so the HC's/Trades is my gateway into the series. I'll definitely be double dipping when it comes to Lemire's Green Arrow.

In terms of the trade dress, I hoped for DC to adopt the format of the Earth One / Injustice books... Im not so much a fan of Dust Jackets.

Ah my bad. I just saw the 'Tec (and Batwoman Vol. 2) and thought "This again..."

At least Grayson is a Vol. 1.

But Batman Vol. 6 is the New 52 trade dress, right? Same with Wonder Woman Vol. 6?

I wonder how or if the TPB trade dress will change too.

I can understand slapping the new trade dress on Grayson or potentially the new Batgirl volume, but they should have at least kept the New 52 trade dress on the on-goings until the Convergence-era issues.

Then again, this is the same company that couldn't time releasing their new logo with their company-wide reboot. So trade dress problems aren't surprising.
    Next week we get Vol.1 of Batgirl and for the first time, DC will concurrently be bringing out the HC and TPB. I'll see if I can grab a snap of both editions side by side on Wednesday. We also get Action Comics Vol.6 which I'm betting will have the new trade dress.