View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 355 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2553053453513523533543553563573583593654054558551355 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 21662
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    No worries, Bronze Age is solicited for october. They just haven't released all the 5 volumes yet. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...+age+of+comics
    Edit: and yes, wow did the prices climb up for the Taschen Monster! I think that all of these Adamantium sized editions will actually be a very good investment, just wait a few years. Even Marvels or Wolverine - can you hear me Merrick97? What happened to this guy actually, not active anymore? kind of missing him...
    I the end, I think the individual volumes are going to be better than the one big book cause each volume got like almost 100 pages of material added to them. But yeah, the remaining 3 have all be preordered by me on Amazon as well. Just waiting for them to appear.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I just bought an Absolute Kingdom Come on a bit of an impulse.

Having the buyers remorse, but its a nice book.....right?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Incredible Member

Chapters has just shipped my copy of Absolute transmetropolitan!

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

It's a beautiful book, that remorse will disappear once you have it in your hands.

Heck yeah it is! You did yourself a favor!

The art alone deserves nothing less than the absolute version, imo.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

£57 a good price?

It's far the best quality DC has put together for an Absolute. I was quite disappointed when Absolute Justice got the default treatment (i.e. Absolute with a dust jacket)

Nothing to do with collected issues but just read that there is no chance of Constatine getting picked up by another channel so it is defiantly cancelled, but then I skim read something about JC being bisexual?? Now I read maybe 150 issues of Hellblazer before I stopped collecting floppies and I don't recall any bisexual activities on JC's part, in fact I seemed to remember he liked the ladies a bit too much, so when did everything change?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Nothing to do with collected issues but just read that there is no chance of Constatine getting picked up by another channel so it is defiantly cancelled, but then I skim read something about JC being bisexual?? Now I read maybe 150 issues of Hellblazer before I stopped collecting floppies and I don't recall any bisexual activities on JC's part, in fact I seemed to remember he liked the ladies a bit too much, so when did everything change?
    At first it was just one of those throw away lines where he mentioned something about having sex with a bloke in passing. However under Brian Azzarello, it was expanded a bit further to actually show it.

It was never a big part of the character, but it was in there.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It's political.
    Alan Scott suddenly gay
    Selina Kyle suddenly bi
    I've not read this JC is bi thing but it doesn't surprise me that more revisionist history is being done.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It's political.
    Alan Scott suddenly gay
    Selina Kyle suddenly bi
    I've not read this JC is bi thing but it doesn't surprise me that more revisionist history is being done.
    I wouldn't lump Constantine's sexuality in with the other two, as another poster pointed out it was expanded upon during Brian Azzarellos run which was 15 years ago in fact most of the complaints about New 52 Constantine sexuality is the fact its either not been confirmed hes still Bi or something something, I honestly try not to pay too much attention to the parade of endless moaning that emanates from certain corners of the internet *shrug*.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I wouldn't lump Constantine's sexuality in with the other two, as another poster pointed out it was expanded upon during Brian Azzarellos run which was 15 years ago in fact most of the complaints about New 52 Constantine sexuality is the fact its either not been confirmed hes still Bi or something something, I honestly try not to pay too much attention to the parade of endless moaning that emanates from certain corners of the internet *shrug*.
    Plus, it was alluded to back in Delano's first year on the book in the late '80s, and John Smith's issue 51, which expressly mentions an "old boyfriend", was released in 1992. This has been a non-issue for 25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Plus, it was alluded to back in Delano's first year on the book in the late '80s, and John Smith's issue 51, which expressly mentions an "old boyfriend", was released in 1992. This has been a non-issue for 25 years.
    And we have a winner. FanboyStranger apparently remembers the line. Yes, it was somewhat of a throw away line, but it's there.
    Now, all that said.
    Who gives a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Chapters has just shipped my copy of Absolute transmetropolitan!
    Sweet looking forward to ordering mine tomorrow. You should put up pics if you get it first.
    Peace, Love, and Tacos