View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 366 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 2663163563623633643653663673683693703764164668661366 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,490 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    torn about buying the new DKR HC, sold my standalone DKR DKSB hc's in preparation for the new release only to find out Miller is doing a 3rd story so we are bound to get all 3 released in one volume at some point, could be years though, anybody else in a similar position?
    I am. I've only got DKR in the form of it's tenth anniversary TPB, and I've never read DKSA, so I was very pleased to see the release of the combo HC. But then they announce a third one! I'll probably still get the combo one. As you said, could be years until they release all three-in-one. Then I'll cross that bridge. (Now watch them announce it this time next year ).

As long as they immediately release DKIII: TMR in deluxe, I'm okay.

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofcrabs View Post
    Thanks! I'll just print this off and slide it in so I can read it when I get around to it lol.
    You can't ask for a new one, since that version's misprinted? Either through whomever you ordered from or DC itself? Isn't that a thing? Shame, otherwise.

Spectacular Member

Man, those fishes sounds awesome. Cant believe how DC stepped up in the last months when it comes to classic collected books.
    Maybe we get a Batman No Mans Land Omnibus after they recollected the Prelude stuff?

And man, finally got hands on a cheaper copy of Red Son Deluxe

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GAMEPROFF View Post
    Man, those fishes sounds awesome. Cant believe how DC stepped up in the last months when it comes to classic collected books.
    If only they would finish the runs they start collecting...

Maybe we get a Batman No Mans Land Omnibus after they recollected the Prelude stuff?
    Wouldn't count on it. DC does not yet operate like Marvel.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    If only they would finish the runs they start collecting...
    They're not exactly helping themselves with the volumes going barely over 200 pages.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    I just hapened to read the two first HC from Injustice - Gods among us. And though I didn't expect anything, I think it's a very funny read actually. I like how Harley Quinn is written in particulary (taking the piss of the name Arrow Cave is a good working running gag). The story feels a bit rushed sometimes and some plots could habe been developped with more care. The characterization is not always conform to what we would expect in the "real" continuity and some of our heroes act kind of unusal. I don't know...the plot is quite interesting so far for an Elseworld story at least. Not a hall of fame story but not bad at all.
    The writer Brian Buccaletto, told me when I asked him about it at Phoenix Comic Con last month that he'll be on the book up to the end of Year Five. At which point it will have caught up to the game so it'll end. But he's pretty sure since we know there's another game coming, that they'll be doing something after.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Wisdom View Post
    They're not exactly helping themselves with the volumes going barely over 200 pages.
    This is so annoying.

Case in point - Grell's Green Arrow. I love that they're finally collecting it, but at 6 issues per volume, I'm positive we won't see the run completed.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    This is so annoying.

Case in point - Grell's Green Arrow. I love that they're finally collecting it, but at 6 issues per volume, I'm positive we won't see the run completed.
    No kidding, and it's such a great run. Probably get two solid omnibus volumes out of it, including the Longbow, the Shado limited series and all the annuals.

Off-topic/On-Topic hybrid. I ordered the "Serious Edition" of the game Batman: Arkham Knight, because it contained an exclusive variant of the Arkham Asylum 25th Anniversary Deluxe OHC for an additional $10. Game arrives today in a small box, obviously didn't include the book. I hop on live chat with amazon, explain the situation. They say they can't send a replacement, but can offer a partial refund. I ask if the refund can be for the cost of the book if I bought it separately, which comes to $22. They agree to this. So no book, but in the end I got the regular version with all the in-game pre-order bonuses for about $12 cheaper than the norm. A head's up then, for anyone else who ordered the "Serious Edition" of Batman: Arkham Knight to get an exclusive OHC. Be warned that you may not get the book, but you can utilize live chat to at least partially benefit from the screw-up. (Make sure to copy and paste links to items while chatting. That made the whole process a lot easier.)

I'm thinking about picking up the JSA omnibus vol. 3 while it's half price on IST. I don't have the first two omnibuses yet, and haven't read any of the series, but it seems well regarded. Aside from space and cost considerations, one reason I hesitate is David Goyer's involvement in the series. I'm not a fan of any of the movies he's written, and yes, that includes Dark Knight (weird, I know). Anyone have any input that might encourage or dissuade me from taking the plunge on these books?

Goyer's involvement in JSA, outside the first few arcs in the first volume, is mainly nominal. It's a Geoff Johns work as a whole and was even going to originally be titled Geoff Johns JSA. It's a great series if you like a modern take on golden age characters.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

i'm really interested in JSA but those omnibus are freakin huge. i wish dc would stop with these 1400 pg books. 800-900 pg max for me. maybe they'll put out some deluxes in the future like with the invisibles? i highly doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ob1er View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up the JSA omnibus vol. 3 while it's half price on IST. I don't have the first two omnibuses yet, and haven't read any of the series, but it seems well regarded. Aside from space and cost considerations, one reason I hesitate is David Goyer's involvement in the series. I'm not a fan of any of the movies he's written, and yes, that includes Dark Knight (weird, I know). Anyone have any input that might encourage or dissuade me from taking the plunge on these books?
    I don't like Goyer's films either, but this JSA is one my favorite comics runs ever.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    That's the one when I decided enough is enough (or not enough actually ) and didn't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ob1er View Post
    AFAIK the 3rd omni will collect the post Infinite Crisis stuff which was basically a reboot of the series and IIRC there was a 6 issue Levitz arc between Justice Society and JSA too and the omni gonna start with the Levitz story (unfortunatelly, I'm not a fan of that).
    The content of this v3 omni was my first exposure to the JSA and I loved it so I think it's safe to say you can buy it and won't have any problems. Goyer was long gone from the title at this point but even when he contributed it didn't resemble any of his movie works, it was pure, fun superheroics.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Wouldn't count on it. DC does not yet operate like Marvel.
    Also, NML is probably too big for one Omnibus if you count all the prelude material. So that might disincentivize DC further.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”