View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 368 of 1444 FirstFirst ... 2683183583643653663673683693703713723784184688681368 ... LastLast
Results 5,506 to 5,520 of 21657
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    Same. Regarding recolorings, does the Alan Moore DC Universe book have the original color version of Killing Joke?
    Note that the HC version was originally solicited to include Killing Joke, but then "surprise!" When the book arrived, it was missing it!

First of all, aleksivic, your pictures are amazing!

Now, another thing. After the success of the first iZombie season, don't you guys think it's weird not even a deluxe edition of the comic book has been announced? Then again, I happen to remember Roberson left DC on some very bad terms...

I prefer deluxe sized editions.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post

Now, another thing. After the success of the first iZombie season, don't you guys think it's weird not even a deluxe edition of the comic book has been announced? Then again, I happen to remember Roberson left DC on some very bad terms...
    Not really. It was a marginal seller, and the original collections are still available.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Not really. It was a marginal seller, and the original collections are still available.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I don't have all of the various Alan Moore collections, I feel like there's 3 different ones, not sure all even have the TKJ period, but I do have 2006's DC Universe:The Stories of Alan Moore TPB and it does have the original coloring version.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmfwfu View Post
    Note that the HC version was originally solicited to include Killing Joke, but then "surprise!" When the book arrived, it was missing it!
    Hmm, thanks. I'll have to look into it...

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I saw a set of the JSA omnis side by side on Facebook today.

I went and bought a vol.1 after that. Will pick up 2 and 3 next week.

Damn Facebook
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

anyone have or seen the new reprint of absolute hush? is it any different from the previous one?

Thank you!! Even though it wasn't a big seller, I do find it strange that there isn't a Deluxe or Absolute Edition. Mike Allred's art would really shine in an Absolute format.

Anyone else excited for the Norm Breyfogle Batman HC being released next week? This volume contains some of the first Batman comics I read and I can't wait!!!

I am! Dunno if Id be able to afford it next week though..

Been a while but got me an Absolute Transmet! Super stoked!

All-New Member

I saw those aswell very tempting

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Anyone else excited for the Norm Breyfogle Batman HC being released next week? This volume contains some of the first Batman comics I read and I can't wait!!!
    Yep, me, Breyfogle is the artist I most associate with Batman as I started collecting Batman while he was on the title, just a shame it had taken his illness to get DC to reprint his stuff, I only hope that after all these years it doesn't disappoint like the Kelly Jones collection did

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Yep, me, Breyfogle is the artist I most associate with Batman as I started collecting Batman while he was on the title, just a shame it had taken his illness to get DC to reprint his stuff, I only hope that after all these years it doesn't disappoint like the Kelly Jones collection did
    What disappointed you about the Jones collection? Just felt the story or art didn't hold up or are you just referring to the binding, paper quality, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    What disappointed you about the Jones collection? Just felt the story or art didn't hold up or are you just referring to the binding, paper quality, etc.?
    Story and to an extent art, it was probably about 20 years since I last read it and it just wasn't as good as I remember, and thinking about it, the actual book quality isn't very good, glued bindings with some gutter loss, so even if the Breyfogle stuff is as good as I remember I don't hold out much hope for the actual book construction